Product of Years of Breeding Bagseed

If you look real close at this plant you can see a few male "banana" flowers coming out on the buds...
003475.JPG
...This is a Sativa Dominant Strain and some of the plants have a tendency to do this at the end of the flowering cycle but since the plant is almost done I am not going to worry about it, I will just get out my tweezers and pluck them off, the plant will be harvested within the week so it does not matter anyway...:roorrip:

This plant is a Northern Lights #5 female crossed with a Skunk #1 male that was crossed in the mid 80's...
007365.JPG
006377.JPG
...It has had several crops grown out of it and several seed crops from crossing the desired phenotypes. This is a very promising strain that I plan to do more work with and improve it even more. The buds are very dense and covered with trichomes, it produces a very citrus type aroma, cures to a nice light orange and smokes very smooth with a hash like flavor. This one is one of my all time favorites and you will be seeing more of it in the future, I have plenty of seeds and when I find the phenotype I want I will produce a mother so i can clone her as much as I like....:roorrip:

nice looking....bet you're thrilled...i dont think it is toooo important the amount, its the quality and whether you enjoyed raising it or not...beautiful nugs....congrats...L

nice looking....bet you're thrilled...i dont think it is toooo important the amount, its the quality and whether you enjoyed raising it or not...beautiful nugs....congrats...L
No the amount wasn't important to me at all and the quality is what I strive for.I have been growing for years and i pretty much new what i was going to end up with.This was just a trial run to get the perpetual harvest off and running. It has given me what I wanted and has served it's purpose, while it is in no means finished I still have some very large Colas to pick that will put these nugs to shame.In the mean time it has allowed me to get everything for the perpetual grow dialed in and it is well on it's way. Now i am deciding on which strains to go with first. I also think I am going to cycle it through similar strains
for each cycle, still a variety but similar. The reason for this is the difference in feeding habits between the Indica's and the Sativa's and it will make maintenance a lot easier. But I am in by no means finished, I have just begun. Remember that seed production is also going to be part of this venture. So crossing some of these strains that I have wanted to over the years will now be possible now that i have the stuff set up to o it and I have the time...:blunt::roorrip:

I have been asked to do a smoke report on the two that were taken down and while that will be a little hard, hear it goes...The first was a Sativa Dominant Strain and I took it two weeks early...
002499.JPG
001472.JPG
...Now some people will argue that it wasn't early but I do pull my plants late as I use them to control chronic pain. It is still curing but I can give you a smoke report...Buds are curing to a nice fall orange color, they have a sweet smell with an earthy undertone, very pleasing. The buds burn nice and clean with a very smooth taste and a high that creeps up on you. It gives you a nice energetic high that allows you to get things done. I am in no hurry for them so they are going to cure for a long while....
0877.JPG
The Indica Dominant Strain was taken mature and ripe at 40% cloudy and 60% amber, It is still drying but after a quick dry I can tell you this, it hits like a hammer and is definitely night time smoke this stuff will wreck your day couchlock all the way, I had trouble opening my eyes after two hits. It has a citrus smell with a very pungent sour undertone. Buds are nice tight and compact and burn very clean, remember this was 100% organic. I can't wait to see what it turns into after going through a nice cure...:tokin:...:roorrip:

Just a side note that i wanted to add to that"smoke report". The flowering times, I know I have probably all ready covered it but just wanted to make sure without going back and re-reading what i have done...so here goes, The Sativa Dom. was taken at around 60 days, I consider it a 10 week strain but that is my preference. The Indica Dom. was taken at 70 day flower, it was completely mature and ready, this strain I consider to be an 8 to 9 week strain and it was pretty much right on. These plants were started and given hardly any vegetative stage at all some received only two weeks, some four weeks ans one bunch when straight from seed to 12/12, it is a Sativa strain that can go for 16 weeks, the seeds came from my last grow and came from a plant that had that produced 4 seeds, I checked and found 2male flowers on the female so it seeded itself, Sativas have a tendency to do this anyway and I new the seeds would more than likely be female which they were. They grew females as expected and were each four distinct different phenotypes, flowering time was split in two, with two of the phenos going at 12 weeks or so and the other two are going to go 16 weeks or when they are done, they exhibit pure Sativa traits and I am willing to wait for what they produce...:roorrip:

The Sativa Dom. was taken at around 60 days, I consider it a 10 week strain but that is my preference. The Indica Dom. was taken at 70 day flower, it was completely mature and ready, this strain I consider to be an 8 to 9 week strain and it was pretty much right on.

lol i think ya mixed em up. wouldnt the 70 day be the 10 week strain and the 60 be the 8-9

lol i think ya mixed em up. wouldnt the 70 day be the 10 week strain and the 60 be the 8-9

The way I consider flowering is one flower cycle is from the day the first true female flowers appears on the plant, then I count from that day until the day that the flowers are ripe on that plant. The Indica Dominat Strain I took was taken on around the 70th day of flower which was right around 9 weeks. It was right on time because I knew it was typically an eight week strain so I started watching it then and it was done one week later around the ninth week. They are growing from seed so they still have individual phenotypes poking around, so a 3 week window into harvest is a good prediction. That is why the seed companies list strains such as 6-8 weeks and some growers may add an extra week or two to that. The Sativa plant that I took early was taken at 60 days which would have been about eight weeks, now this strain I consider a twelve week strain but again some of them may be harvested at 13 or 14 weeks depending on the individual plant i even have plants that take 16 weeks and have had them take longer. On the other end of the scale I always end up wit plants matured completely at as early as 4 weeks, like a little miniature plant fully developed although not producing much, but it is just as potent...

Thought I would post a few more harvest pics , This is an Indica Dominant that was fully mature at 76 days, It was taken yesterday...
003476.JPG
002504.JPG
001477.JPG
... It is 62.4 grams wet and buds are very dense and trichome covered, I pulled her at 60% cloudy and 40% amber. Now on to drying and then the final cure.

those are some sweet lookin colas bro great job

Thanks for the comment bro, keep watching because these buds keep getting bigger and better with each plant and I have some great looking ones to bring down yet and I will document them all. I am also getting this perpetual harvest set up and dialed in and when I do I have some wonderful ideas to share, geared towards simplicity and the best product possible...:roorrip:

Well for those interested I have an update as to the evolving room. It is 10/08/10 and I started this venture O5/27/10. Not exactly sure about the date that I started the journal, doesn't matter anyway. I am down to 4 plants left flowering and they have been flowering for 90 days on 10/07/10 I'm voting Sativa, how about you. The 4 seeds came from a plant that I grew in the last grow and they are it. The plant in question was a full female sativa dominant, around a twelve week flower time on her. She grew to full maturity and I did not detect any male flowers on her, not saying they weren't there I just didn't see them, anyway harvested the plant ,dried it, cured it and out of one of the buds when it was finished 4 very healthy seeds popped out. The rest of the plant was seedless and I know for sure, no doubts at all. Well I started them and I got 4 different phenos, Sativa Dominant, very nutrient picky and a light feeder they would burn in a minute even using organics and soil. A very late flowering plant the other plants were getting nice buds and they were just to get flowers.You have probably been waiting on these pics so I will shut up and post them already...
002506.JPG
001479.JPG
...These are the next batch and are an afghani strain, I'm going with the high powered indicas on the next batch, I have a nice supply of the sativas from this last venture so now I am going to play with the Kushes, I plan to add Master Kush, Super Skunk, and Wonder Woman, They all are bred along the same genetic line and I am going to add them to my afghani strain and since i am setting up to grow seeds also, I am sure some nice experimentation is going to take place, I'm also not done with my Sativas, I still love them...and these are the remaining 4 at 90+ days of flowering...
008356.JPG
007368.JPG
006380.JPG
005430.JPG
004454.JPG
...and this is a picture of the room evolving as I am adding three seedlings to the flower room, they were 41 days from the plant cracking the shell in paper towels on 10/07/10...They come from genetics of the ones in the first 2 pics but are slightly different...
003478.JPG
...So I have been harvesting, trimming, drying and curing as well as taking care of the next generation and preparing for the future by adding some new genetics to play with, So I guess we will have to change the name of the thread at some point....I will fill you all in on the plant wet and dry weights as soon as I get them sorted out. The good thing about the way the grow is evolving is that I will be growing less plants in less time and getting more product because I have a very effective system up my sleeve, simplicity but very efficient planning comes into play and it's 100% organic...If you have any questions or advice feel free to just let me know because my goal from being here is to learn from my peers...:peacetwo:...:roorrip:

LOL, the title of your journal sounded too much like the anthem of the growers I grew up learning from, so I had to check you out. Looks like you do have pretty good homogeneity going there, not an easy accomplishment. Good job! I'm subscribed.

I see that you want this to be a perpetual journal. That is fine, but we need regular updates. Since there is a harvest in this thread, I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Hope all is well in your world. If you would rather continue this thread, let us know and we can move it back. Please note that we require regular postings for Journals in Progress grows.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Love the pics, WMDmountainIG!

Back
Top Bottom