Professional Tent/Cabinent Growers Tip Thread

Brandon420

I would like to have some tips for my 4x4 tent grow.
400 watt MH for veg, and 430 watt HPS for photo-period.

Your tips will be greatly appreciated by not only myslef, but other growers searching for similar information.
:thumb:

Include factors like:

-How many plants should I have inside?
-What gallon pots should I use?
-What grow method should I use for best production in a tent? (Ex: S.C.R.O.G, S.O.G, Natures Method, LST, Etc...)
-What strain preforms best under 400 watt HIDs?
-What strain preforms best in a 4x4 mylar grow tent?

+Rep for any useful information.
Thank you all.
:hippy:

It's about 5 feet tall, so I'd say 4 feet between the light and floor.
200 cfm intake of fresh outside air (filtered) and of course the same amount of cfm out.
And I have a few circulation fans inside. it stays a nice breezy 76 DEG F.
I do not have a cool tube, but because of the ambient temp. around the tent, it stays a very suitable climate.
I've ran all of the equipment to test out the climate to make sure its all alright for my plants.

Yeah, thanks thew1sest, +rep.
Though I'm not too worried about height, more so on methods that work the best with tents, because I've never grown in tents before, so i figured there must be some ways to maximize yields for such a space.

How many should I lst?

You can always do a comparison for your first grow, lets say you're doing 4 plants. Have 2 that use the LST method, I made a thread in the DIY section if your using hydro buckets, but works well with any container really, (using small hooks and twist ties for full customization of your LST). While the other 2 just let go naturally and compare weights and or potency at the end. If it's your first tent grow just experiment with different training techniques, that way you'll be able to gauge and see what works best for you.

:goodluck:

You can always do a comparison for your first grow, lets say you're doing 4 plants. Have 2 that use the LST method, I made a thread in the DIY section if your using hydro buckets, but works well with any container really, (using small hooks and twist ties for full customization of your LST). While the other 2 just let go naturally and compare weights and or potency at the end. If it's your first tent grow just experiment with different training techniques, that way you'll be able to gauge and see what works best for you.

:goodluck:
what he said!:thumb:

Well,
I hope you have 2 of those fans my man.
You should always have equivalent cfms for intake and outake- or at least close to one another.

If you have 392 Cfms going out, your gonna need something close to that (preferably the same) amount of cfms coming in.

-Carbon filter is pretty important, and easy once you understand it.
-Circulation fans, if you have one in your grow room your plants will adapt to the air blowing on them by becoming thicker to be more "Wind resistant," Thats one other cool thing about cannabis plants.
What wattage of lights you usin man?

Back
Top Bottom