ProfessorFlora's 10 Strain 200W LED Organic Soil Grow

Maybe it was a little funny. It kinda looks like a curled up sleeping rodent

Well, at least you are well prepared for Eastern….. :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

In the meantime, until Eastern you could take a marker and write BR-EGG-XIT on that egg.

LOL, by now you must regret posting that picture.....

Well, at least you are well prepared for Eastern….. :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

In the meantime, until Eastern you could take a marker and write BR-EGG-XIT on that egg.

LOL, by now you must regret posting that picture.....
Nope! Not one bit lol. My heads too greasy for a marker. A tattoo would probably be a bit extreme. Might make the wrong impression. I don't want to be on News Night.

I keep getting hypnotised by your avatar o_O

Hashplant D's Flowering Day 26....

Hey 420. Time for a better look at the Hashplant D's. Today I gave them another trim and a good check to see if I could find any more pollen sacks. I'm pleased to announce that I was unsuccessful in doing so. I think we're probably in the clear with these. Last week I was in a bit of a mood as things were going wrong all around me. We had the Tropicanna Banana disaster followed by the Dos Si Dos random decline. Then there was the Wilma problems before that. Also the fungus gnats were munching my mothers and we also had some seeds not pop. Then we lost the lil HH mother to gender issues and I also gave away the Pineapple Express mother who seems to be a fantastic pheno so far. Then we had the red light in the Hashplant D's tent. 3 out of 7 hermied because of it and because I thought that it was a genetic thing I threw some of the clones. Then I went mad and shaved my head. Well. Hopefully that's it for now and we'll start having some better luck again. The Hashplant D's are still with us and look really nice. I'm a little more than happy with this as I actually paid for these seeds and they weren't cheap. When I thought that I'd ruined them all I felt pretty annoyed but it would seem that we're cool. The plants are good looking and have been fairly easy to grow so far. The trich development on most is very good for day 26 and the scent is starting to come on nicely. They're quite tidy but have a bit of wild growth down below. I've removed a little today but kept most of it as it could bump up the yields a bit. Now that they've bee not trimmed light is hitting the lowers again. I decided to lower the feed to 6.5g of MC and see how it goes. There has been very little tip burn at 7g but if it's not recommended then I thought I'd play by the book for a change. Here they are before the trim. I'll post the trimmed pics in the next post....
ORG_DSC09815.JPG
ORG_DSC09816.JPG
ORG_DSC09818.JPG
ORG_DSC09828.JPG

HPD #2....
ORG_DSC09819.JPG

HPD #3....
ORG_DSC09822.JPG

HPD #4....
ORG_DSC09823.JPG

HPD #5....
ORG_DSC09824.JPG

HPD #6....
ORG_DSC09825.JPG

HPD #7....
ORG_DSC09826.JPG

We can't see the images :(

Hey 420! I've been doing a little work to the mothers today and have topped most of them. I've also cleaned up the lower set of growth on most as I've changed my plan slightly and will take the clones from the bottom of the plants when the time comes. All of these are looking pretty good though some are doing better than others. The Hoe Down has woken up and decided to overtake the two leaders which were the Chromatose and the Shaved Monkey. The plant who's doing the worst is the Cream D' Mint. She doesn't look bad it just that she's much smaller and slower than the rest. I've decided to leave her alone for now and will train her when she gets a little bigger. @multiVortex I remember you saying that as I have the sand covering the soil I'll have to water from the bottom from now on. Well I've been doing that up until today when I decided to see what would happen if I watered from the top. Was your concern simply the sand being washed out down through the pot? If thats the case then I'm not too worried as it seems much easier this way and hardly any sand came out. It was time consuming watering each plant from the bottom as some would soak it up really slowly maybe taking a couple hours or more. I didn't want the pots sat in water for that long. Here's a group shot of the gang....
ORG_DSC09847.JPG
ORG_DSC09864.JPG

I took some clones from the Fat Purple for a little experiment. I'm just going to leave them sat in some water as I read that it's totally possible to do it this way and should take around 2 weeks. I'm supposed to change the water every few days and refresh with room temperature water as not to shock them. That's it apparently. If it works then there will be a little party in my head....
ORG_DSC09874.JPG

The HPD Clones are still alive. Numbers 5 and 6 are now growing but I'm still waiting for number 4 who did have roots when planted. Number 7 didn't have any roots so I'm not expecting her to perk up yet or even at all really. It's an experiment!....
ORG_DSC09869.JPG

I have a question. Has anyone heard of trichs in veg? Fat Purple mother has some and it's something I've not seen before....
ORG_DSC09862.JPG

@multiVortex I remember you saying that as I have the sand covering the soil I'll have to water from the bottom from now on. Well I've been doing that up until today when I decided to see what would happen if I watered from the top. Was your concern simply the sand being washed out down through the pot? If thats the case then I'm not too worried as it seems much easier this way and hardly any sand came out. It was time consuming watering each plant from the bottom as some would soak it up really slowly maybe taking a couple hours or more. I didn't want the pots sat in water for that long.

There are a few reasons that really stick out.

First, it's to keep the top dry, as those pesky buggers like wet. So even with the sand there, the wet kind of brings them to the neighborhood. Keeping it dry removes the temptation.

Second, would be to keep the sand/media from mixing. Not really for loss, but any of the base medium mixed in at the top is an island in a sea of "death glass". They'll find it, use it, and leave you scratching your head.

Those are the main ones to have concern with. I've never really bothered much with a little water in the tray for a bit. I'll fill the tray about 2/3 of the way, then wait. They should soak up what they want in a couple hours tops, then I just dump anything left. As you become more familiar with how much they're using, you can whittle it down little by little until there isn't but barely a film left in the tray. That much evaporates pretty quickly, and I haven't had an issue with bugs from just that.

There are a few reasons that really stick out.

First, it's to keep the top dry, as those pesky buggers like wet. So even with the sand there, the wet kind of brings them to the neighborhood. Keeping it dry removes the temptation.

Second, would be to keep the sand/media from mixing. Not really for loss, but any of the base medium mixed in at the top is an island in a sea of "death glass". They'll find it, use it, and leave you scratching your head.

Those are the main ones to have concern with. I've never really bothered much with a little water in the tray for a bit. I'll fill the tray about 2/3 of the way, then wait. They should soak up what they want in a couple hours tops, then I just dump anything left. As you become more familiar with how much they're using, you can whittle it down little by little until there isn't but barely a film left in the tray. That much evaporates pretty quickly, and I haven't had an issue with bugs from just that.
Thanks MV. Makes sense. I can't wait until I get another self watering tray. At the moment there are 11 strains but soon I'm sure there'll be less so the work won't be so time consuming. I did try filling the tray and letting them drink at their own pace but some just wouldn't absorb the water while others had began to go limp. So then I'd take them out leaving 2 or 3 in there and it just gets a bit annoying.

I forgot the 2 Crumbled Lime's. Not a lot to say about these at the moment other than that I've removed the lower growth and will top them in a couple days time. Maybe even tomorrow. They both look good and are growing well. I hope one of these is a female otherwise that'll be 4 males and counting with this strain....
ORG_DSC09850.JPG
ORG_DSC09851.JPG

You cute lil billiard ball.

Good to see you.

Hash plants look resplendent.
Hey VG! Maybe one day we will live in a world where we can use actual pics of ourselves instead of funky avatars. We'll probably get to Mars before that though.

"Cute lil billiard ball"? More like Easter Island

Hey VG! Maybe one day we will live in a world where we can use actual pics of ourselves instead of funky avatars. We'll probably get to Mars before that though.

"Cute lil billiard ball"? More like Easter Island
I just posted a pic of my hair too. Lol.
I have just a tad more than you.

Sorry about the billiard ball comment. I'm fond of billiards. It was meant to be endearing. Let's go with....solar collector for a love machine.

Is that better???

I just posted a pic of my hair too. Lol.
I have just a tad more than you.

Sorry about the billiard ball comment. I'm fond of billiards. It was meant to be endearing. Let's go with....solar collector for a love machine.

Is that better???
Much better!

You only need a brazilian to have a tad more than me

Back
Top Bottom