ProfessorFlora's 10 Strain 200W LED Organic Soil Grow

What’s the #6 taste like?
Very oily and thick. It's a very heavy smoke and seems to have a complicated flavour profile. There's hints of hash with a good helping of fuel. There are little hints of other less discernible flavours like pine and a familiar cleaning chemical. Sometimes you get a toke that reminds me of being in a hospital. It's like that sterilisation smell but as a taste lol

Sounds nice then, I love that fuel taste.
Me too. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Tina is like and how it mixes with other strains. The Double D's which is Tina x GMO is the one I'm most interested in from the next round.

All of the surviving Exotic Genetix strains are Tina crosses. The Double D's which you know. Then there is the Crunk Boat which is Tina x Grape Bubba and finally the Hoe Down which is Tina x Dosi. Hopefully they'll all be females. They are called Tina after all

PURPLE TRAINWRECK
STRAIN REVIEW

Hey 420. Hope everyone is well. Today I'd like to share with you my Purple Trainwreck strain review. Let us begin.
The Purple Trainwreck from Humboldt Seed Organization is a fast growing and vigorous, mostly indica variety. It is a cross between Mendo Purps and Trainwreck and can grow quite large. Mine easily tripled in size from the flip from12/12 and grew outwards creating a natural table top canopy. The plant had an excellent amount of side branching which seems to come out of nowhere around week 2 of flower. At first it didn't look like there was a lot of bud on the plant but it soon fills up and you begin to wonder where it has all come from. There are quite large gaps between nodes to begin with but they soon disappear as the plant develops. The plant was very thirsty and had a rootball twice the size of the next largest. She seemed to handle nutes well but could have done with some more to be honest. The mother of this plant which I had was a nitrogen junkie and was always more pale than the rest of the plants. The breeder claims that the Purple Trainwreck needs higher strength feeds which I would have to agree with. During flower she brightens up though and some of her leaves go almost black later towards the end.
The flowers themselves are very pretty being quite small but numerous. They have a mostly green colour through much of their lives then during the final couple of weeks begin to take on darker tones and develop some purples. They sparkle under the lighting but don't have a huge amount of trichs. Good but not extraordinary. For me the best thing about this strain is the flavour. It has a deep berry fruit taste with a little bit of sour citrus for good measure. It really is fruity. Mouth-wateringly so. It smells pretty potent when growing and only gets better after some curing time. Cracking open a dried bud releases a purple candy scent. Definitely a strain to check out if you are a fan of the sweeter and juicier flavours.
The effects for this one are a bit of a mixed bag. I generally felt quite active and upbeat after a smoke but if I ever sat down for five minutes then it was a bit of a struggle to get motivated again. In the evening it worked well for relaxing but I found myself something a little stronger for bedtime as it didn't make me feel very sleepy. I'd call it a Sunday afternoon strain. Too lazy to get up but too awake to sleep. It certainly makes you look stoned though. Red, lazy eyes and a dry mouth were something I experienced with this strain and it also made me a little sluggish. It lasted like that for a couple hours before the effects start to diminish and things begun to return to normal.
Overall I very much enjoyed growing this strain and would recommend to to anyone looking for an interesting and flavoursome cash-cropper. The buds were a little small but they were plentiful. They were also a pain to trim but worth it in the end. This was far from a perfect grow and I know that in some capable hands this strain would do very well indeed. Happy growing everyone....

Another great review Prof! Sounds like a great smoke I like any of the fruity juicy strains. Didn't realize it was a Humboldt seeds strain which is another breeder I'd like to try I think they have a Chem dawg strain that's supposed to be quite good.

Another great review Prof! Sounds like a great smoke I like any of the fruity juicy strains. Didn't realize it was a Humboldt seeds strain which is another breeder I'd like to try I think they have a Chem dawg strain that's supposed to be quite good.
Cheers N. I've run a lot of HSO strains and for the most part things have been good. I did have some issues with a couple of their strains though. I ran 5 Amherst Sour Diesel's and all of them hermied quite badly. They were grown next to 5 Bubba Kush which grew fine and were a very nice smoke. The Amherst's were actually very nice as well but there was far too many bananas. I had hermie issues with their Blue Dream as well. I did 3 and the 2 similar sativa phenos hermied badly but the shorter indica pheno was fine. I can recommend a few of theirs though. The Chocolate Mint OG is a nice fruity and potent indica hybrid. I've done that one a few times. They also have a strain called Em-Dog. It's a collaborative strain made with Dr Greenthumbs and is Chem #4 x The Crippy (OG Kush). That was the strain that gave me the taste for the Chem varieties. I definitely recommend that one. I can't recommend their Chemdog though as I haven't tried it. I nearly got it a little while back but in the end went with the Hashplant D. I'm pretty happy that I did.
Nice work Prof.
Thanks Penny. I'm going to do the Pineapple Express review later on today. Now that I have no work I have an unusual amount of spare time on my hands. Time to get the garden into shape
:passitleft:

Top notch nugs and photojournalism, Professor.

Shouting back at an exchange that happened a while back for you, but just yesterday for me when I read it..
On this question about handling trim. It comes up from time to time.
I made some hash using some of the trim from the barneys grow. It consists of Purple Punch, Ayahausca Purple, Shiskaberry and the Vanilla Kush. I thought I'd best have a practice run lol. I didn't use a lot of trim, maybe 4 good handfuls and I got 3 good looking lumps of hash from it. I don't bother weighing it but I was surprised at how much I got. I trimmed up the Hashplant D's last night and have so much decent trim to run now. I cant wait to see how it goes with that. Question for you Lew. Do you use wet or dry trim?
Stick your trim straight in the freezer mate. I have seen it done with dry buds/trim but it tends contain more plant matter. I did a small guide in my first journal starts at post #73 with loads of pictures. Hashplants look great and that heavy trim you get from them will make some banging bubble.
I want to point you all at this post..
The fact someone cares about it this much is pretty persuasive in itself and like you, Prof, @zeroday is a very engaging writer. You’ll most likely enjoy the whole thread that excerpt is from if you poke around.

Looking forward to reading your next strain report.

:peace: :ganjamon:

Top notch nugs and photojournalism, Professor.

Shouting back at an exchange that happened a while back for you, but just yesterday for me when I read it..
On this question about handling trim. It comes up from time to time.

I want to point you all at this post..
The fact someone cares about it this much is pretty persuasive in itself and like you, Prof, @zeroday is a very engaging writer. You’ll most likely enjoy the whole thread that excerpt is from if you poke around.

Looking forward to reading your next strain report.

:peace: :ganjamon:
Thanks for the info DD. That makes sense. Hopefully this next round will be of a better quality then. It consists of the sugars and has very little of the larger leaves in it. It was dried slowly as well but hasn't received a cure.
I’ll be waiting for the new review.
Won't be long now. Tomorrow we will be reviewing the Hashplant D. I thought that you'd be interested to know that one of the pheno's tastes like Turkish Delight after a bit of time in the jar.

Thanks for linking me to this great thread @DonkeyDick!

Hope you don't mind if I follow along Professor!

Thanks for linking me to this great thread @DonkeyDick!

Hope you don't mind if I follow along Professor!
I smile and think of you whenever “Are You In” by Incubus shuffles on. Just caught a bar of it when I read that (I’m a musician. It’s a disease :rofl: )
Anyone who missed watching @zeroday in action bringing a troll to her knees - it was performance poetry. With a great soundtrack.
I know a couple of the Prof’s peeps were there.
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom