ProfessorFlora's 10 Strain 200W LED Organic Soil Grow

Anyone who missed watching @zeroday in action bringing a troll to her knees - it was performance poetry. With a great soundtrack.
I know a couple of the Prof’s peeps were there.
:high-five:

Was that the Aussie chic? I did wind up buying and growing the seeds I told her I'd grow. That was fun!

Thanks for the memory!

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS
STRAIN REVIEW

Hey 420. The next strain to be reviewed is the Pineapple Express from G13 Labs. This strain is a potential monster yielding plant. It is a well balanced hybrid that feels and looks more like an indica. The G13 Labs version of the Pineapple Express's genetics are Big Bud x Hawaiian Skunk. This is a very strong growing plant in veg and early flower and grows some really sturdy branches which could be difficult to super-crop if left for to long. The flowers are spaced with a bit of distance on the stems but this doesn't seem to effect the yield as they get big. They start to show early and keep putting on weight noticeably each time you check on them. This is a very impressive plant visually as well. There were a surprisingly low amount of leaves on her which made for great light penetration. Even the lowest buds were good for curing and didn't get chucked in the trim. I actually did a pretty bad job with this one and her leaves told a sad story by the end. It didn't seem to matter as she still delivered on time and ended up with the highest yield. It's a very tough strain.
The flowers are of a good quality and are quite firm for their size. There was a good amount of trich production but nothing to shout about. The buds are a nice colour and have little foxtails sticking out. The orange hairs look pretty against the many hues of the flower. The smell is like a sweet citric soda. Tropical juice and the summer comes to mind when I smell this bud. It is a very fruity strain and a favourite with the family. It tastes like a tropical Skunk. Fruity and floral with a little bit of sour. It's quite a smooth smoke and fills the mouth with flavour. The flower grinds up very nicely and is light and fluffy so it burns really nicely. I didn't get much of a cough with this strain apart from right at the end which normally happens to me anyway.
The effects are for me more of a day time experience. I felt uplifted and motivated whilst being nicely calmed. It is good strain for appetite also as I had some at a dinner party which made things much more interesting. It was social and made food taste great and after that was a good talking point. It can be used in the evening if you like but I prefer total knockout meds after 8pm. These give you that little buzz which makes it difficult to melt into an armchair.
Overall I think this is a fantastic strain and if you're looking for something that is a good all-rounder then this could be the strain for you. Mega yields, good flavour and fun and functional effects make this a good candidate for new growers or someone looking for big easy buds. It's also a super easy harvest compared to most which is a cherry on the cake. Happy growing everyone....

Nice terp then, I’d like to see a kinda raunchy pheno in that one.
I think that there might be a couple in amongst them that you'll like.
Thanks for linking me to this great thread @DonkeyDick!

Hope you don't mind if I follow along Professor!
It's a pleasure to meet you Zeroday. This journal is coming to an end as soon as I finish these last 2 strain reviews. There will be a new journal starting shortly after though which I'll put a link to on here. You're more than welcome to tag along on that one.
Another excellent review Professor. Seems like it's been since Christmas since we've had one!
There's a couple more coming up shortly. We still have to do the purple one.

:passitleft:

FAT PURPLE
STRAIN REVIEW

Hey 420. Today we have another purple strain to review and its going to be a good one. The Fat Purple from Hazeman Seeds is a true purple strain. She doesn't mess about with hues. It's about as purple as they come. Her colour is not the only nice things about her which we'll come to shortly. The Fat Purple is a mostly indica cross and the genetics are (Purple Rhino x G13) x Fat Marty (unknown bagseed). The plant is beautiful and very easy to grow. She has a classic indica shape and appearance with her squat nature and big broad leaves. The leaves are a hypnotic dark green and look almost plastic with their glossy shine. There was a good amount of buds on each branch but I had a stunted plant which I think was a little too far from the light. This meant that the final yield was low but I believe she would do quite well under normal circumstances. The structure was very sturdy and the plant felt very strong. I gave it a hard time and there was almost zero damage on her at all indicating that she is a forgiving and easy to grow strain.
The flowers on this plant are what its all about. They are pocket bling. The colour of the bud and the high amount of frost makes them shine under the light. They can be quite annoying to take pics of at times as they are really reflective if the flash is used. The frost is better than average and they are quite sticky. I think that it will be good for squeezing and making hash. My buds turned out a little light and fluffy but as I said before, I think that she was a little far from the light. Not to worry as I have a mother plant so I will get the chance to see her under better conditions.
The smell of the buds at first was a bit weird. I was a bit worried a couple day after I jarred the buds. they had an odd musky scent which wasn't very inviting. shes had some more time in the jar since then and I'm happy to say that its become much more pleasant but still unique. It's like a floral Greek yoghurt. A bit tangy with light hints of flowers and spoilt milk. It's actually quite nice, just different. Like drinking goats milk instead of cows milk. I hate goats milk. The flavour is not as weird as that and definitely tastes like weed. Incense, spicy and floral. It reminds me of some bud we used to smoke back when I was a teen. It's a little bit woody on the inhale but then has more of an exotic spice taste on the exhale. It's definitely not a sweet or fruity strain as her appearance may have you believe. Her effects are nice and chilled though I think they could be used all day and not have to worry about falling asleep in the super market. It's a thoughtful and slow paced stone which is great for after work or for relaxing social occasions. It mellows me out and gives me a relaxed confidence without taking away any motivation. It's good for sleep and although it doesn't fully knock you out it puts you in a state in which sleep is more achievable.
My conclusion is that this is an interesting and visually spectacular strain that is good for use anytime. It's great for taking the stress away from a stressful day and setting you up for the evening. Definitely talking point weed if you ever pull it out. Easy to grow and unique characteristics make this one worthy of anyone's grow room. Happy growing everyone.....

Gorgeous color that has bag appeal big time.
Thanks Penny. Yesterday I said to you that I was doing the Hashplant D review today but I forgot about this one. The HPD will actually be tomorrow now. Less purple but more frost in that one

HASHPLANT D
STRAIN REVIEW

Hey 420. Today we have an interesting strain review as we will be able to judge the strain rather than a single pheno which is how I normally work. Lets get on with it. The strain we shall be reviewing today is the Hashplant D from Bodhi Seeds. The parents of this mostly indica variety are the legendary Chem D and the equally respected 88/G13 Hashplant. I started with 10 regular seeds and ended up having 7 females to run which is a good start. The plants all grew well through veg and most had a similar appearance. They are short to medium height plants and have straight growing branches with a little side branching. They were perfect for a sea of green set up in a small space. The flowers grow all the way down the stem in little tight clusters with some phenos having more than others. On some the clusters grew close together creating the spear look and on others they had gaps which broke up the formation. The plants are a lighter shade of green and look very unassuming in veg and early flower. Only one plant stood out from the rest with It's shorter nature and rounder, lighter coloured leaves. The buds still looked similar to the rest though. That pheno had a different flavour profile to the rest as well but we will get to that in a moment. The flowers were worryingly small up until around week 5 or 6 of flower when they began putting on weight a little faster. The flowers are still only just average in size by the end but have a better weight to them because they are nice and dense. All of the 7 phenos had subtle differences in appearance by the end but you could also see the similarities. They all shared certain traits like their colour, height and growth pattern. They all also have a large amount of frost and look like super star nugs.
Flavours and smell is where this strain becomes really exciting. Each pheno is slightly different with some being quite a bit different wheni comes to smell. The general theme which links them is a dank and pungent fuel but then things get a little different. One has a sweet and fruity lemon gas tone which is very nice. That was the pheno which looked the most different. Another has a very floral, almost Turkish delight, with a hint of fuel. It is reflected very nicely in the taste as well. Some have a little bit of a chocolate fragrance and others are like cleaning chemicals. All of them stink and will definitely require decent air filtration. When I harvested this everyone in my house kept looking at each other guiltily in passing. It was an awkward time. The flavours are as interesting as the smell. Some lean to the citrus fruit with a very decent kick whereas others are like licking a mechanic. There are some with very acrid kick and some others with a more gassy but creamy smoke. This strain would be a challenge to pheno hunt with as picking a favourite is no easy choice. The pheno I took with me is one of the less fruity ones and has a but of gassy and floral funk to it. I like what I've seen from this strain that I wouldn't mind looking through this one again in the future. The flavours are loud all-round even if they each lean a slightly different way.
The effects are strong and heavy with a focus on sedation. These are my new favourite evening meds as they put you out for the count when your least expecting it. I can't win. If I smoke one of these before I have my dinner then I'll fall asleep almost straight after I've finished eating. Happens every time unless I get up and walk it off. Then of course I sit down again. Out for the count. It seems to be good for pain relief as it puts your mind in a relaxing and dreamlike state. I have a backache and I've not been paying it as much attention recently. It is very numbing and I'm often having to ask people to repeat themselves as I've not been paying attention. Terrible strain for people who like reading at night as you can't see the page after 3 minutes. It is great for melting stress though and does it very easily. I've not had the chance to go out and about whilst medicated as the planet is on lockdown but I can tell you that its a strain which makes me want to appreciate the scenery without all the people getting in the way. It doesn't feel very social to me but it does make me think about things a lot. I'm not completely mind numbed and have ambitious thoughts. The problem is the motivation. There are also mild but quite noticeable hallucination if smoked in higher amounts. I was sat in the garden and my vision kept going weird like I had 3D glasses on. The trees had that strange watercolour look and there was some mild dislocation with my vision. It wasn't scary at all and was actually very pleasant to sit back and watch. This seems to be the same with each pheno and I really can't tell which one is stronger or if any have different effects. This is a potent strain. Happy growing everyone and stay safe....

I dig your strain reviews,Prof!

If I did a strain review,it'd look like this:
"How is it?"
"It's good"
And for a notably potent strain:
"it's real good" :)

2 more great strain reviews Prof. The Fat Purple sure does look awesome love the colors. A couple of those pics could be contender's for NOTM or POTM.
Cheers N. Maybe. I've not entered any comps yet this year.
Hey Prof!
I hope your staying safe during these crazy times and you and the family are well!

Getting all caught up and great job with the strain reviews! That fat purple is something else and definitely matches the name!
Hope your well pal
Hey Dutch. So far so good at this end. Crazy times indeed. My last harvest couldn't have come at a better time. Word on the street is that everyone's bud supplies are drying up around my way.

Hope you're well to buddy.
I dig your strain reviews,Prof!

If I did a strain review,it'd look like this:
"How is it?"
"It's good"
And for a notably potent strain:
"it's real good" :)
Lol That's how mine look before I go over them for a second time. The problem with doing strain reviews is that I get really stoned while doing them.

:passitleft:

The Fat Purple....

The baby of the bunch who didn't recover quite as quick as the others did at the beginning so ended up be a smaller plant as a result. She's a very pretty plant though with deep colours and a very healthy amount of trichs which make her very greasy and a little bit messy to trim. I didn't even make the ounce with his one but there will be a next time. Here are some pics but be warned. The camera can't quite decide whether the pics should be in 3000k or 6000k....
DSC00774.JPG
DSC00777.JPG
DSC00775.JPG
DSC00783.JPG
DSC00790.JPG
DSC00788.JPG
DSC00782.JPG
DSC00784.JPG
DSC00789.JPG
DSC00786.JPG
similar end to the blackberry and lsd. not my kind of girl at all. hate using it to smoke now !!!. annoys me with the white stalks and little pebbly sacs to use. lol. not big producers either. must be a purple thing ?. Nice reports and harvests though mate. Hope you all well and safe mate. Enjoying the family time here.

Hashplant D Harvest Results....

The HPD's are in the Jars and have begun the cure. The Numbers are as follows....

HPD #2....60g
HPD #3....55g
HPD #4....49g
HPD #5....35g
HPD #6....57g
HPD #7....44g
HPD #8....41g

Grand Total....341g
I'm more than happy with that. I think I could have easily fit one more plant in with those and pushed that number up a bit more. With the next grow in this tent that's what we will be trying to do. Here are some quick pics for now. I'll post some pics of the individual pheno's shortly....
DSC00807.JPG
DSC00808.JPG
DSC00809.JPG
DSC00810.JPG
DSC00811.JPG
DSC00812.JPG
DSC00814.JPG
DSC00815.JPG
DSC00816.JPG
great result mate. looks goodntoo.

Mechanics! At the end of the international emergency please form a disorderly queue here!
:rofl:
Loving the prose, Prof.
The IQ of a Lemon still giving me a chuckle from a while back.
:peace::cool:
Stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom