Prof's Lab: Diary Of A Bedroom Farmer

NP, glad I could help. Canadians always have the right answers. Enjoy your day Professor!
I know you guys do. Could you do me a favour and pick 6 numbers between 1 and 49 for me. No reason....
Yes, I'm very excited to watch these landraces!
Me too. The Malana's are doing superb but the Afghans are a little tricky. I started with 7 and have just lost 2 today. They became rotten before having the chance to sprout. The Tashkurgan has yet to recover though it doesn't actually look to have gotten any worse. I'm very much liking the Balkh though. It looks like it will grow like crazy once flipped. It stinks as well which is weird. It doesnt smell like any cannabis plant I have ever grown. I often get a kind of nettle smell from some plants in veg but this one smells like fuel and something like rosemary. I can't wait to see what it does in flower. assuming it is female which I think it is.

Today I decided to put some plants in the new pots. You'd best brace yourselves for this update. These plants are pretty root bound. Here is what the Balkh and the Miami Heat where like....
DSC02937.JPG

First up is the Balkh. I'm surprised that this thing looks as healthy as it does....
DSC02938.JPG
DSC02939.JPG

Now time for the Miami Heat. Oh dear....
DSC02945.JPG
DSC02940.JPG
DSC02942.JPG
DSC02944.JPG

Not bad eh. Those root masses were solid. They should have a bit more breathing space now
:passitleft:

Flowering day 51. Looks like we may be having the harvest at around 9 weeks. Not much to say about this grow that some pics won't do better. One thing worth mentioning is that the humidity as dropped considerably since yesterday. We are back around 50% again which is a huge relief. Here we are today....
DSC02914.JPG
DSC02915.JPG
DSC02916.JPG
DSC02917.JPG
DSC02918.JPG

Well I didn't win the lottery so I'm back with an update. I managed to get most of the plants into the new pond pots. First impressions are good. The only thing I can comment on so far is that they drain much better than and faster than my previous plastic pots. That was pretty much why I got them so all is good there. They are a little bigger but I dont mind. I probably have too many plants anyway and there size will prevent me from having too much going on. Here is the veg tent today....
DSC02946.JPG

Look at the Crumbled lime lol. It looks funny in such a small pot. I've never seen the effects of monster-cropping before but this plant is really going for it. It definitely has more sides shooting out than the first time around.
The rest of the plants in here are also doing well. It will be time to top most of them shortly, including the Barneys autos.....
DSC02948.JPG
DSC02949.JPG

Crumbled Lime....
DSC02950.JPG
DSC02951.JPG

It looks like a palm tree lol.

Over in the infirmary/hatchery things are mixed. The Doz Z Doz has yet to show any signs of recovery and her pot is very heavy. I'm trying to allow some dry time for her but she needs to drink some water first. Any tips on how to dry out a pot that has a plant in it would be very welcome. I could risk repotting her into some dryer medium and hope that she takes. I have a feeling her roots wont becoming with her if I try to take her out. I've not given up just yet though.
The Tashkurgan is suspended in time like Han Solo in Empire. She just sits there looking kind of healthy but there is no growth. This one is drinking but very slowly. I think she might turn around but maybe not for some time yet. Who knows. I like how she looked before so I'm willing to put the effort in to save her. I keep saying her but I dont know that for a fact.
The 3 new Afghans are recovering from their no nutrient diet I placed them on for a couple days at the beginning. Nothing more to say about those....
DSC02952.JPG

Tashkurgan....
DSC02953.JPG

Doz Z Doz....
DSC02954.JPG

Afghan Landraces....
DSC02955.JPG
DSC02957.JPG
DSC02958.JPG
DSC02959.JPG

Turns out the numbers I gave you were for the 7th and 8th horse races for Saturday afternoon. You should have went to the races instead.
Just went to check which horses they were. Funty Bunter, Jolly Reacharound and Marco Polo Mints. Gotta love horse names

Hey 420. Got a bad update today. The Auto Purple Gorilla which I am growing outdoors in my homemade potting mix has begun to go mouldy. It is hardly surprising as I did very little to protect her from the wet weather. it has been damp for more than a week now and some days saw torrential rain whereas others where just incredibly misty. She has been rained on a lot in her surprisingly long life. This means I have nothing outdoors anymore so I have no reason to keep posting pics of my disgusting slop I'm using as plant food. I can't be having that so I have planted my final autoflower. There is enough time left in the year for one more so this time we will be sacrificing an Auto Fro-Yo from G13 Labs. I'm not sure what "Fro-Yo" is meant to mean. maybe I'm being old or slow. The seed has germinated and I have put it outside in the new pot but it has yet to break the surface. It should be up by tomorrow or the day after maybe. This time I have adjusted a few thing. For one we have a better pot. This time it is an 11ltr fabric pot instead of a clay decretive pot with poor drainage. I have also tweaked the potting mix. This time it is a mix of coco, composted wood chips, clay soil and my homemade compost. I will still be feeding it with the barrel. Here are the final pics of the purple Gorilla....
DSC02807.JPG
DSC02804.JPG
DSC02810.JPG
DSC02812.JPG
DSC02806.JPG

The mould had begun in a couple of places on the main stems. I decided to pull it as it is only a small plant and it was taking its sweet time to flower. I highly doubt that it would have made it to the end before the mould spread any further....
DSC02809.JPG

I managed to save most of it. Not my best attempt at growing weed but definitely the cheapest go. Not sure I'll be entering any of these into NOTM lol. The smell is about as far from Gorilla as you can imagine and is faintly sweet and fruity. It was actually quite sticky when I trimmed it up. Guessing by how slow it was growing I'd say that there was at least a month left, probably longer. Time to try again....
DSC02855.JPG
DSC02856.JPG
DSC02857.JPG
DSC02858.JPG
DSC02859.JPG

I had to bud wash twice as it was just so dirty. I remember Shed saying that outdoor plants get filthy and I cant imagine how people could smoke outdoor grown weed without washing. There was mud, insects, spiders and webs, bits of other plants and plenty of other nasty's in the bowls after the wash.

Fro-Yo= frozen yogurt

Sorry about your girl. That stinks.
I frigging hate mold.
Oh, so it does make sense lol. I was trying to link "afro" and "yo-yo for some reason.

Mould is a bitch. This time I'm going to try to look after it a little better as that one really was just left to the elements.
:passitleft:

Flowering day 51. Looks like we may be having the harvest at around 9 weeks. Not much to say about this grow that some pics won't do better. One thing worth mentioning is that the humidity as dropped considerably since yesterday. We are back around 50% again which is a huge relief. Here we are today....
DSC02914.JPG
DSC02915.JPG
DSC02916.JPG
DSC02917.JPG
DSC02918.JPG

Looks a little too crowded like my grows :laugh: RH is the enemy.

I managed to save most of it. Not my best attempt at growing weed but definitely the cheapest go. Not sure I'll be entering any of these into NOTM lol. The smell is about as far from Gorilla as you can imagine and is faintly sweet and fruity. It was actually quite sticky when I trimmed it up. Guessing by how slow it was growing I'd say that there was at least a month left, probably longer. Time to try again....
DSC02855.JPG
DSC02856.JPG
DSC02857.JPG
DSC02858.JPG
DSC02859.JPG

I had to bud wash twice as it was just so dirty. I remember Shed saying that outdoor plants get filthy and I cant imagine how people could smoke outdoor grown weed without washing. There was mud, insects, spiders and webs, bits of other plants and plenty of other nasty's in the bowls after the wash.

Budwashing is essential for outdoor buds for sure. I don't grow outdoors but when my friends gift me some dried outdoor shit, I just blast them with butane for a nice dry nug run because my outdoor grower friends have been ignoring budwashing forever :meditate:

Hey 420. I thought I'd best do an update on the little outdoor project. I wouldn't blame you if you had forgotten about the auto I have growing outdoors in the little pot. I began growing it back in Victorian times and it is still doing its thing lol. It is actually on day 81 but it looks like it should be on day 40 to me. It is still alive though it is almost lime green and has taken a real beating in its lifetime. I have only brought it indoors during a couple severe storms but for the most part it has been outside in all weather. There has been a good frost and torrential rain but still it goes on. For those not in the know, I have been feeding it homemade fertiliser consisting of selected kitchen waste, weeds (including weed), compost and many other delightful things like animal waste and corpse's all stewed in a big barrel of water which is sat in the sun. It is as fun as it sound lol. It is probably why the plant looks the way it does. There is one leaf which has turned completely yellow but it doesnt actually look all that bad considering. On the plus side there are no pests, no mould, no nana's and it has cost me absolutely nothing other than a litre of water every now and then. It smells very nice now and has a scent which reminds me of Blueberry strains. Here is the Auto Purple Gorilla. How are you still alive?....
DSC02747.JPG
DSC02749.JPG
DSC02750.JPG
DSC02751.JPG
DSC02752.JPG
DSC02753.JPG
DSC02754.JPG
DSC02755.JPG
Prof, looking good, my thoughts are it will be very smooth and tasty after all the poop and stinky liquids it consumed. Also looks to be growing some good bud. Price is right. She is def worth her weight in gold. Cheers

Hey 420. Got a bad update today. The Auto Purple Gorilla which I am growing outdoors in my homemade potting mix has begun to go mouldy. It is hardly surprising as I did very little to protect her from the wet weather. it has been damp for more than a week now and some days saw torrential rain whereas others where just incredibly misty. She has been rained on a lot in her surprisingly long life. This means I have nothing outdoors anymore so I have no reason to keep posting pics of my disgusting slop I'm using as plant food. I can't be having that so I have planted my final autoflower. There is enough time left in the year for one more so this time we will be sacrificing an Auto Fro-Yo from G13 Labs. I'm not sure what "Fro-Yo" is meant to mean. maybe I'm being old or slow. The seed has germinated and I have put it outside in the new pot but it has yet to break the surface. It should be up by tomorrow or the day after maybe. This time I have adjusted a few thing. For one we have a better pot. This time it is an 11ltr fabric pot instead of a clay decretive pot with poor drainage. I have also tweaked the potting mix. This time it is a mix of coco, composted wood chips, clay soil and my homemade compost. I will still be feeding it with the barrel. Here are the final pics of the purple Gorilla....
DSC02807.JPG
DSC02804.JPG
DSC02810.JPG
DSC02812.JPG
DSC02806.JPG

The mould had begun in a couple of places on the main stems. I decided to pull it as it is only a small plant and it was taking its sweet time to flower. I highly doubt that it would have made it to the end before the mould spread any further....
DSC02809.JPG
RIP little one

DSC02855.JPG
DSC02856.JPG
DSC02857.JPG
DSC02858.JPG
DSC02859.JPG

This make up my mind that my outdoors are going to go to wash before drying. Cheers

Looks a little too crowded like my grows :laugh: RH is the enemy.

Budwashing is essential for outdoor buds for sure. I don't grow outdoors but when my friends gift me some dried outdoor shit, I just blast them with butane for a nice dry nug run because my outdoor grower friends have been ignoring budwashing forever :meditate:
Hey TC. The weather has just become wet again however its only meant to last for the next couple of days and then we have another heatwave apparently. I'll take heatwave over high humidity any day.

You may have noticed that I planted the Pineapple Express. I didn't want to call it TC's PE though as every time I name a plant after a member it dies lol.

I bud washed it in H2O2 which I dont normally do. Normally I just use baking soda and lemon juice but because of the mould I thought I'd hit it with something harder. Hope you're well buddy
Prof, looking good, my thoughts are it will be very smooth and tasty after all the poop and stinky liquids it consumed. Also looks to be growing some good bud. Price is right. She is def worth her weight in gold. Cheers
Lol I'm sure a lot of that "poop and stinky liquid" splashed up onto the plant. BUDWASH!!!
This make up my mind that my outdoors are going to go to wash before drying. Cheers
Highly recommended unless you want to be picking little desiccated caterpillars from your dried buds before rolling each joint lol. It really was dirty. I'm grateful I didn't have to wash a lot lol
:passitleft::passitleft:

Hey TC. The weather has just become wet again however its only meant to last for the next couple of days and then we have another heatwave apparently. I'll take heatwave over high humidity any day.

You may have noticed that I planted the Pineapple Express. I didn't want to call it TC's PE though as every time I name a plant after a member it dies lol.

I bud washed it in H2O2 which I dont normally do. Normally I just use baking soda and lemon juice but because of the mould I thought I'd hit it with something harder. Hope you're well buddy

Lol I'm sure a lot of that "poop and stinky liquid" splashed up onto the plant. BUDWASH!!!

Highly recommended unless you want to be picking little desiccated caterpillars from your dried buds before rolling each joint lol. It really was dirty. I'm grateful I didn't have to wash a lot lol
:passitleft::passitleft:

All is well in my world thanks bro :passitleft:

Totally agreed and I'll even take thrips to high humidity any day :laugh: I've noticed the PE and will be watching her closely :) I must tell you that I am an incredibly lucky person, eventhough I don't believe in luck at all. I think that PE needs my mojo :morenutes:

I've never tried peroxide on moldy buds but I know that is a common remedy. Still, I think extracts are way too underrated when it comes to salvaging and properly processing your trim. That almost pure stuff is amazing but if the nugs can be ready to smoke after a few dunks in h202, who's gonna bother right :smokin: I just enjoy extracts more than the nug itself. I literally live to smoke hashish, charas or oil. But the joint wouldn't be complete without some coarsely ground weed and some tobacco. I think I'll make some oil tomorrow :drool:

Your garden is so diverse and everytime I visit here, I just end up looking for plane tickets and checking which genetics are available for me to buy from Amsterdam. With that being said, I'll go and check some Dutch seedbanks if you excuse me :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom