Prof's Lab: Diary Of A Bedroom Farmer

And this is the Jack Herer that took 2 weeks to pop and was a pissed off b*tch when she finally did lmao

Attachments

• B74CF01D-AD2A-4A9B-BEE7-F1673017BAB4.jpeg
    B74CF01D-AD2A-4A9B-BEE7-F1673017BAB4.jpeg
    760.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 4A23C1FA-2F20-489C-A70B-F1FBF93BB248.jpeg
    4A23C1FA-2F20-489C-A70B-F1FBF93BB248.jpeg
    832.4 KB · Views: 43
And apparently my fat thumb clicked on a deer picture I had gotten as well (facepalm) late night stoner moments :smokin:
I was going to mention your plant looks like a deer but you found that out already ;)
Thanks for the information on germinating :thumb:

From my own personal experience and stubbornness, I can confirm that seeds can take upwards of 2 WEEKS to germinate. They don’t take up much space to let them try at life. And I personally start my seeds in clay pebbles, it’s a tedious method, but I’ve had extremely good germ rates. And sometimes I’ll wait till there’s a taproot and stem long enough to stick it in a cloner plug, and toss it in the ezcloner with some clonex to boost the root growth before it finds its way to its final home. This is how i germ my seeds
Germination was something I never used to have a problem with. I used to pride myself on how good my germ rate was right up until earlier this year. I think the move to coco is what it is. I'm not sure if it is wet feet or contamination but I went from losing maybe a seed or 2 a year to 20+ in a couple months. First was all of the seeds that were chosen by members on the site and several others here and there. Then we lost 10 autos over in my Barneys Farm thread. There's been a few more since then as well. It could be the move to the bedroom which is the cause. Maybe it is my socks.

Thanks for the info on the clay pebbles method. I crushed up some clay pebbles and put them in a 2" net pot last year and that seeds started very well

Well, the harvest was completed last night and it wasn't too arduous. As it didn't look like a lot I didn't start chopping until a bit later than I normally would so I was still exhausted by the end. We got it done though and I must say that there was more bud in there than I thought there would be. This light kicks ass and I think it could stand up against my much more expensive grow light which is 3 times the price. The flowers are bigger and seem much healthier than what was produced by the 100w light I used before. Seems Shed was right and a 200w light will beat a 100w light despite the latter being "designed" for plant growth. I must state though that it isn't a cheap floodlight but it is much cheaper than grow lights of the same power.
For anyone just joining the party this is what we used for the grow....

200W 4000K high bay LED light which uses Cree SMD's
MegaCrop (version 2)
60cm x 80cm Gorilla Lite grow tent
Coco coir which was bottom fed and not flushed once at all throughout flower
5ltr plastic pots

Here are some pics of the harvest....
DSC03118.JPG
DSC03131.JPG

Hashplant D....
DSC03123.JPG
DSC03127.JPG

Fat Purple....
DSC03124.JPG
DSC03128.JPG

Tropicanna Banana....
DSC03125.JPG
DSC03129.JPG

Critical Jack....
DSC03126.JPG
DSC03130.JPG

All trimmed up....
DSC03154.JPG

Fat Purple, Obviously....
DSC03155.JPG

Critical Jack on the top of the rack....
DSC03157.JPG

Hashplant D. Solid nugs....
DSC03156.JPG

The Tropicanna Banana gets a rack to herself....
DSC03158.JPG

Fat purple nugs have some lovely colour....
DSC03162.JPG

The Tropicanna Banana buds bigger than a shoe!....
DSC03163.JPG

Not really!....
DSC03164.JPG

They are not bad though....
DSC03165.JPG
DSC03166.JPG

Congrats. I'm sure it didn't come soon enough. I know you've been waiting on some produce.

I'll never say this again. Good job on the gross banana plant. It looks really good.
:love: :love: :love:

Congrats. I'm sure it didn't come soon enough. I know you've been waiting on some produce.

I'll never say this again. Good job on the gross banana plant. It looks really good.
:love: :love: :love:
Thanks VG. Tonight I will be doing a hash run so I can have something to smoke by tomorrow. The weather is not in my favour so I expect it will take a little while longer to dry.
Oof.
On a smellier note your harvest looks stinky! Nice looking colors and glad to see you're filling your jars again.
I can't wait to be holding a full jar of buds again. I have been offered the opportunity to purchase some recently but I said no as it would have been expensive and probably turd. A little tolerance break was probably needed anyway. I had a bit of scissor hash last night and I could really feel it. My eyes went heavy and I just felt so warm and happy. Time to go and wash some socks!

:passitleft::passitleft:

Glad you will get something ASAP.

Being dankrupt is the worst.
I'm guarding that bag of trim lol. It isn't as impressive as the last bag but I should be able to get around 6g of good quality hash from it

This plant was bred for photo's. My camera is being funny again though and I dont think the pics are as good as they could be. I'm trying to get some of the reds I can see with my eye to show in the pics....
DSC03145.JPG
DSC03178.JPG
DSC03179.JPG
DSC03180.JPG
DSC03181.JPG
DSC03182.JPG
DSC03183.JPG
DSC03184.JPG
DSC03185.JPG
Seeing all the tasty buds is making me want to pop some new beans when I get home now ‍♂️ Hahaha

Congrats on the harvests Prof! Man that fat purple is gorgeous! Some of those pics, it almost looked like a rose. A real beauty there. Exciting news about the room switch! We did the same thing just before my current bloom group. Still getting things dialed in environment-wise, but other than that, a very good decision. Wives are smart ;) lol!

Hey prof. Love your work.
I was enjoying your crumbled lime review (I normally quite enjoy your journalistic forays), and then got totally confused by something about a comedown being a bonus and I lost the thread of the gist of the thing altogether.
At that point I thought if you’re not going to take this seriously then..
Fuck me that's a scary thought! Are you familiar with dog videos on YouTube? You will be
The other use for it being music videos.
Which reminded me..
:peace: :love:

Seeing all the tasty buds is making me want to pop some new beans when I get home now ‍♂ Hahaha
DO IT!
It’s all your fault Prof. :rofl::blunt:Tossed in a Cherry Garcia bean as well as GMO last night around 9:30. Both are bag seeds from dispensary bags, soo fingers crossed for 2 b*tches
Jealous lol. Not heard of Cherry Garcia but GMO is something I really want to grow. Good luck with those two
Congrats on the harvests Prof! Man that fat purple is gorgeous! Some of those pics, it almost looked like a rose. A real beauty there. Exciting news about the room switch! We did the same thing just before my current bloom group. Still getting things dialed in environment-wise, but other than that, a very good decision. Wives are smart ;) lol!
Thanks HH. It is much better again but there have been some issues which I have had to sort out so things aren't going quite as planned. We'll get it sorted though....Fingers crossed.

Congrats on the harvest.
Thanks Penny. Its still drying. We've had crazy humidity and I'm struggling to get it to dry without rushing it. The last thing I need is for it to go mouldy. The weather is on the change again so I'm hoping it will be done in the next couple of days.
Hey prof. Love your work.
I was enjoying your crumbled lime review (I normally quite enjoy your journalistic forays), and then got totally confused by something about a comedown being a bonus and I lost the thread of the gist of the thing altogether.
At that point I thought if you’re not going to take this seriously then..

The other use for it being music videos.
Which reminded me..
:peace: :love:
Lol. I like a nice comedown. After a trip to the moon there's nothing like putting your feet back down on terra firma only to get back in the rocket again. I didn't mean like an alcohol hangover comedown which is not nice.

The missus liked the dog in the vid

:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom