Prof's Lab: Diary Of A Bedroom Farmer

Thailand and Laos have a common border, I believe it’s one big population growing in that region. There’s a book called the Thaistick Book that gives tons of info on the region and the pot they were growing.
Thanks for that. Learn something new every day.
We will make it. I'm sure that it'll even be usable by then. Pics of the up-pot to follow!
Hi prof, looking good. I'd like to grow an Asian sativa soon.
Smile and stay stoneder
Do it Fred! It's been pretty good so far, that is if you look past her shabby appearance.

Wave and say hi...err...higher.
:laughtwo: :rofl::laughtwo::rofl::laughtwo:

I didn't do that but I just heated up my Mighty to vape some hash and forgot all about it. I hate that.
How do you like the Mighty? I wanted one but I didn't like the idea of sharing so we went for 2 slightly cheaper vaporizers instead.
I'll take a look at their genetics.

Glad you are transplanting her. She'll love the extra leg room. Thought she would eventually get too tipsy.
I'm doing it for me, VG! I can't be bothered with watering her everyday. If the tempreture suddenly rises then she will need feeding multiple times a day. Then she will die lol. I'll be putting her in a 3lt pot shortly.

I found a collector called Seeds Of Africa. They have a few interesting landrace strains. They did have Durban Poison but it sold out immediately.
:passitleft:

Don't worry, I've not forgotten about you @Heavenly Hybrid. Here's the new vaporizer....
DSC05442.JPG

That's the back of it as the company name is on the front. I don't want this to sound like a product review.

It has about a 0.20g chamber which is fine by me. Way less than I would put in a joint but will last a couple sessions. The sessions are either 5 or 10 minutes depending on the setting. The second session starts out ok but the flavour will become like burnt popcorn halfway through but your still getting some really good effects. I like to keep it at around 185c to 190c for most of the first and second session and then push it up to 200c for some big hits to finish it up....
DSC05445.JPG
DSC05444.JPG

It's really simple to use and has a few cool features though nothing too fancy.
DSC05449.JPG
DSC05447.JPG

One cool thing is the powerful and removable 3500mah Samsung battery. The heat up time is less than 30 seconds....
DSC05450.JPG

I've been keeping all the bud from each use to make edibles with, which is pretty cool. I'm gonna get high twice!

Anyway, it seems pretty good and does the job for me. I can't compare it to any others as I haven't really tried any. One thing I will say is that it is good enough for me for now and I don't feel like I need to look for anything better.

Here's what I'm just to about to load it with. Chocolatina X Cheap Trick....
DSC05440.JPG
DSC05441.JPG

That way you'll know how long you've been glued to the couch (if you can still remember the start time). :)
I'm not even sure if it's my couch.

Patiently waiting for transplant pics...
:nomo:
You asked for it!....
DSC05451.JPG

The rootball was definitely bound. Now there should be room to breath and more time in between dehydration....
DSC05452.JPG

Nice vape Prof! Thanks for the info on it, it looks pretty friggin sweet. Mr h has an old hand me down pax, so maybe I should think on getting him a new one?

Congrats on the uppot, she’ll be a happy lil camper now!

It's a tradition!
Say no more! You know how quick I am to get it out. Unless it's past midnight!...
DSC05455.JPG

Wait for it....
DSC05458.JPG

Ta da!....
DSC05459.JPG

Nice vape Prof! Thanks for the info on it, it looks pretty friggin sweet. Mr h has an old hand me down pax, so maybe I should think on getting him a new one?

Congrats on the uppot, she’ll be a happy lil camper now!
Thanks HH. I was looking at the Pax 3 but I didn't like the idea of having an app to work it properly. This one is a little bit cheaper than the Pax but apparently (according to reviews) is similar. The Pax does look pretty good though.

Hopefully the Highland can relax a little. The larger pot has nudged up the RH as well, but only while the tent is sealed.
:passitleft:

How do you like the Mighty? I wanted one but I didn't like the idea of sharing so we went for 2 slightly cheaper vaporizers instead.

I like The Mighty as it's so versatile. You can vape flower, oil (hash, honey, etc.) and hash with it but I especially like it for vaping hash but I also have an Arizer Solo that also works with hash but I love smoking hash better than vaping it.

I got into the habit of using my bubbler to smoke flower and hash and I haven't been able to fully wean myself off the smoking yet. I don't mind vaping flower but I much prefer smoking hash.

I like The Mighty as it's so versatile. You can vape flower, oil (hash, honey, etc.) and hash with it but I especially like it for vaping hash but I also have an Arizer Solo that also works with hash but I love smoking hash better than vaping it.

I got into the habit of using my bubbler to smoke flower and hash and I haven't been able to fully wean myself off the smoking yet. I don't mind vaping flower but I much prefer smoking hash.
I've not vaped any hash yet but look forward to trying it. Apparently my vaporizer can handle it but I'm not so sure. I have just cleaned my grinders though so we will see what this stuff is like later....
DSC05456.JPG

Vaping isn't without its issues but I haven't smoked since getting it which is the longest I haven't smoked for in probably a decade. I've been smoke free for a week now and feel pretty good already.
I'd like to try one of the high-end models like the Mighty at some point but I'll have to save some more cash first. Good to hear that you like yours.
Cheers HashGirl.

Blue Cindy Strain Review

Hey 420. Today I thought that we could do a double strain review. We have 2 from G13 Labs so let's get them done.

Firsts up we have the Blue Cindy. The Blue Cindy is a crossing between Blueberry and Cinderella 99 and is a sativa dominant hybrid. This is an easy to grow strain which can produce decent sized flowers in a relatively short space of time. I found growing her to be reasonably stress free though there were a couple things of concern.

Growth.

This plant grows nicely with what feels like minimal effort. The stems are all strong and become wood-like during flower meaning that you want to get any training done as early as possible. It is potentially a tall plant but I kept mine short. The large flowers dragged the branches down to open the plant up naturally which was convenient. It had more of a sativa appearance but with chunky flowers spaced evenly down each stem. The leaves were also quite Indica looking early on but became more narrow fingered as the time went on.
When the time came for harvest, this plant had had gone a very yellow and looked ready. The trichomes were thick and looked very sticky and I was very concerned about mould as 3 other plants had some found on them. Despite being very frosty and having large and dense flowers, we somehow avoided loosing any flower. The humidity was far to high so she really was tested.
I liked the growth and overall shape and appearance of this plant. It was easy to maintain and trim at harvest.

Smell and flavour.

This plant has a recognizable blueberry scent with dessert-like cream hints. It is quite strong when growing but mellows out after being cured. The flavour is quite like the smell. It's a quite fruity experience overall but there are other more subtle notes on the exhale. It is a tiny bit floral but it's not enough to take away from the creamy berry fruit.
I very much enjoyed medicating with this flower for its flavours, more so than for its effects.

Effects.

The effects of this strain are advertised as being more on the sativa side but I felt quite relaxed with mine. It was a clear, mellow feeling though and there was little in the way of couch lock if consumed at lower levels. I like to push things though and did indeed manage to achieve more sedating effects from it.
This is perfect daytime medication for those who want to relax without feeling the need to sleep. There also isn't much appetite stimulation so it's good for those on the go. Use too much though and it becomes more of a typical indica stone though it still isn't great for eating.

Overall I like it. It was a hit with my family as the flavours were nice without being too much, like some of the strains I grow. It had some good effects and is useful as a day time medication.
The plant was easy to grow and generous with her yields making for a mostly all-round good experience.
I do have one negative I thought worth mentioning. There were a small amount of nanners which appeared during the final third of flowering which were easy to keep a handle on. Other than that, things went pretty smoothly.
Time for some pics....

Pineapple Express #2.

The second strain from G13 Labs we will be reviewing today is the Pineapple Express #2. The genetic make-up of this one is Pineapple Express (Big Bud X Hawaiian Skunk) X Skunk. It is essentially a more indica version of their Pineapple Express.

Growth

This plant is stocky and low growing when compared with G13's original Pineapple Express. It is fast, strong and has branches which are covered in some very impressive flowers. The plant feels and looks like an indica and is very easy to grow. Although the flowers are big, they aren't the largest I've grown. However, there are so many of them packed into each branch that even a small plant can yield more than other strains of a larger size. This is a bud machine which is easy to maintain.
It is a very pretty plant with dark colours and nice fade. The flowers are really tight and have a great look to them. This stuff looks great in the jar.

Smell and flavour.

This plant has a tropical, skunky scent which is very strong. It's not the most interesting or unique scent but it is of a good quality and is familiar.
The taste is pretty good. It's a citrus, almost lemon tasting skunk which is very nice. It is again familiar and enjoyable. Deep, fruity Skunk is the best way to describe the cured flowers.

Effects
The effects are quite well balanced but slightly relaxing in my opinion. They aren't fully relaxing but will put you to sleep after having too much in the evening. It is possible to use as a daytime medication but saps energy with each use causing laziness late in the day. I felt hungry and thirsty when using this strain but I also had dry mouth and dry eyes. Having something to drink when medicating was something I needed to do.

Overall I very much liked the Pineapple Express #2. I personally prefer this one over the first PE because of its shorter and tighter growing nature. The heavy flower production makes this a plant a great contender for those who care about getting the most from their gardens. It's easy as well and seems to be quite forgiving making it a good choice for new growers who want to play it safe and still be impressed.
Very nice strain indeed....

A couple more strain reviews and then I can knock this one on the head. Here's a sneak peek at what I have been brewing....
DSC05472.JPG

First we have the Bubba's Breath. This thing is crazy squat! It's a fem so I'm happy with her lol....
DSC05473.JPG
DSC05474.JPG

Next is the last Chocolatina X Wedding Cake. Two have already gone as males and this final plant has only just begun to give us any clues as to what it is. In my opinion, it doesn't look good....
DSC05475.JPG
DSC05476.JPG

Very different plant....
DSC05477.JPG

What do you reckon? Male or female? I vote male....
DSC05478.JPG
DSC05479.JPG

I do have a replacement if it is a male but it would be a shame to lose as this is a nice plant. That would also mean that all of the Chocolatina X Wedding Cake and the Chocolatina X Guicy Banger's were male.

Wilma!!!
DSC05460.JPG

I personally don't understand why anyone would buy unfeminized seeds. They're so expensive. Wouldn't you prefer a sure thing when planting rather than a 50% chance?

I know that unfeminized seeds can be less expensive but if they're boys and you're not planning on pollinating anything, what's the point?

I agree with you on the Chocalatina being a boy.

Back
Top Bottom