Prof's Lab: Diary Of A Bedroom Farmer

Thanks for all of the info @syenite @TriangleCheese @Camaro1691. It is most appreciated.

Today we have the usual round of good, bad and ugly news. Lets start with the bad so we end on a high note. We have 2 plant deaths to report on. First is the Doz Z Doz. I decided to risk re-potting it as it was only getting worse in the pot it was already in. This gave me a chance to look at the roots which were brown and slimy. I put it in the fresh coco and ran some H2O2 through it. It just got worse and over the course of 2 days shrivelled up to next to nothing. I threw her out. The second plant to go was the Fro-Yo auto. It broke the surface and then died from damping off. My favourite fungus this year. Don't worry syenite, you're still not off the hook. I have replaced it with not 1 but 3 fems which will be started indoors and put out as soon as I can. We will see something grow outside lol.
The ugly news concerns some minor and not so minor issues regarding the landrace plants. My early opinion on growing landrace genetics is that it is like growing weed but on hard mode. The Balkh has stalled now as well as the Tashkurgan. It would seem that they really hate any kind of trimming. I have barely touched them compared to what I usually do to the hybrids. Just like the Tash, she looks absolutely fine but is frozen in time lol. What I'm thinking of doing is just dropping them into flower soon and rolling with it. I will put my plans to clone them on hold for now as I think I need to get used to what these are all about before dedicating anytime and effort to keeping them around. The Malana's are mostly good and are growing well. A couple are suffering from nutrient issues but other than that they are still good. I will be flowering these soon.
The good news is that everything else is going well. The harvest for the current flowering plants will be on the weekend and after that we have space to go mad and start flowering lots of plants. I'm going to pack the tents and see how It goes. There will be males to remove so I'm going to flower more than I have space to do. Triangle Cheese's The Pineapple Express, Romberry, All the Malana's, The Afghans, The monster-cropped Crumbled Lime and the 2 Barneys autos will all be flowering. Yep, It is going to be fun. After that we will be dropping some of @Lewydeville's crosses and maybe the X18's as well. We still have the Resoli's to get through too. Also I have a funny surprise for you all to reveal at some point. Something I started a long time ago and seemed so stupid I didn't even bother to document or even mention it. Now it looks like it is working. I will let you know what it is shortly. For now though it is time for some pics....

The poor Fro-Yo. This was as far as it got....
DSC03000.JPG
DSC03003.JPG

The Doz Z Doz Looked much worse than this by the end....
DSC03032.JPG

The frozen in time Balkh....
DSC03011.JPG

The frozen in time Tashkurgan....
DSC03033.JPG

The bad leaves on one of the Malana's....
DSC03013.JPG
DSC03014.JPG
DSC03015.JPG

That was the worst of it. Now time for the positive pics.

Continued....

These problems are nothing but a part of a colorful lifestyle :passitleft:

I've lost lots of clones lately because I haven't been cloning for 7 years and I had to try some interesting stuff :Rasta: I've learned a lot about pesticides meanwhile and now feeling confident so I think I won't be having any issues about cloning in the future.

Tashkurgan looks very interesting :)

:rip: Morricone
Nice gardening, mate.
RIP Ennio.
The soundtrack from The Mission was always my favorite. Gabriel's oboe is always the song that I go back to. Will be listening once again tonight.

I know right. I love his work. I'm a spaghetti western fan

Thanks DD. Hope all's well in your world
You ever see the Trinity movies?
They call me Trinity or Trinity is still my name??

These problems are nothing but a part of a colorful lifestyle :passitleft:

I've lost lots of clones lately because I haven't been cloning for 7 years and I had to try some interesting stuff :Rasta: I've learned a lot about pesticides meanwhile and now feeling confident so I think I won't be having any issues about cloning in the future.

Tashkurgan looks very interesting :)
I agree. The way I see it is as there is so much going on there is more chance of seeing both good and bad things. My attention has been spread a little to much I'm my opinion though. I have an opportunity to sort my shit out coming up which I am going to jump on.

The Tashkurgan was looking awesome at one point and had such beautiful leaves. I really hope she sorts herself out. One thing I could do is just flower it and see if that kick starts her into life.
RIP Ennio.
The soundtrack from The Mission was always my favorite. Gabriel's oboe is always the song that I go back to. Will be listening once again tonight.
I really liked the atmospheric score he done for John Carpenters The Thing staring MrSauga Kurt Russel
You ever see the Trinity movies?
They call me Trinity or Trinity is still my name??
I actually haven't though after a quick google search I have heard several of the songs from the movies. Some like Titoli were featured in Django which I love.

I agree. The way I see it is as there is so much going on there is more chance of seeing both good and bad things. My attention has been spread a little to much I'm my opinion though. I have an opportunity to sort my shit out coming up which I am going to jump on.

The Tashkurgan was looking awesome at one point and had such beautiful leaves. I really hope she sorts herself out. One thing I could do is just flower it and see if that kick starts her into life.

I really liked the atmospheric score he done for John Carpenters The Thing staring MrSauga Kurt Russel

I actually haven't though after a quick google search I have heard several of the songs from the movies. Some like Titoli were featured in Django which I love.

That will sound less likely but plants sometimes focus on roots too much. I had time frozen plants for even two weeks. They show almost no sign of grow above the medium. But when I transplanted them I saw monster roots on every single one. If that plant is going through something like that, its better to leave her rootzone pretty much completely dry, like we do in soil until leaves show signs of thirst. I hope the case is like this :smokin:

@ProfessorFlora and @TriangleCheese you guys should have a look at my cloner journal in my sig. it’s died off since my last posting, but gives an idea of how fast my cuts take root and the process in which I use. Hope it’s helpful to anyone who may struggle with cuttlings. It is a misfortune and something I hate seeing people battle.

@ProfessorFlora and @TriangleCheese you guys should have a look at my cloner journal in my sig. it’s died off since my last posting, but gives an idea of how fast my cuts take root and the process in which I use. Hope it’s helpful to anyone who may struggle with cuttlings. It is a misfortune and something I hate seeing people battle.
recently I have been on and off when I comes to cloning. For ages everything was sweet and dandy then I simply started struggling with it. When I first started using the aeroponic cloner I wondered how anyone could mess it up as it was so
easy. Then all the issues started. I will check it out. Thanks for the help Camaro
I was the stunt double but he wanted to do all the scenes. He's a wanker.
:rofl: Classic!
:passitleft:

Hey y'all. Time for some more rapid-fire updates!

The little veg tent....
DSC03054.JPG

The 3 new Afghan landrace seedlings will simply be flowered and nothing else. I have noticed that these really don't like tinkering....
DSC03056.JPG
DSC03058.JPG
DSC03059.JPG

The Tashkurgan looking exactly the same as it always does....
DSC03060.JPG

We will be flowering most of these in a few days time....
DSC03084.JPG
DSC03085.JPG

Then we have this. I have never thrown any seeds in a jar of water before. Normally I just plant straight into dirt/coco. I was inspired the MrSauga and thought why not. We have a tail already. They were put in there last night....
DSC03094.JPG

And some more. These are Lewy's beans and are Chocolatina x Chocolatina....
DSC03093.JPG

I use the word "inspired" loosely of course. I haven't exactly been having the best time germinating my way recently and while cruising through your marvellously informative thread I stumble upon what might be the answer to my most recent issue. How long before you give up on a bean in water? I'm on 30 hours now and only one has a good tail.

How long before you give up on a bean in water? I'm on 30 hours now and only one has a good tail.
Not all seeds will develop a tail from water. You are trying to get them to crack and then into the paper towel. The seed has to buildup moisture to crack and placing in the water for 24-48 hours typically does this. Then you want to go into a paper towel or the media at that point.

Back
Top Bottom