Prohibition Is Over And It's Time To Grow: Budget LED 750 Watts RDWC

Keep the updates coming. Lights r looking great in there
You ask I deliver lol . Mounted up the drivers, dimmers are just temporary obviously have a type f light adapter and wiring harness ordered so I can control all the lights via the Trolmaster app and then will auto dim if temperature gets to hot... speaking of the Trolmaster i remounted it. slightly addicted to tech, I know it’s not needed but this is a hobby for me.

I have the lights 21 inches above the plant and dimmed to 50 percent on the post. You think that’s okay to start off ?

Oh boy its going to be a good one. Wife’s trying to get me in on it but I’m staying strong. Soo those lights man your plants r going to love you for that and fantastic job on @Budget LED end. I will definitely send some business over there when the time is correct.
yea man the light coverage is insane, puts my metal halide to shame. i have these at 50% and it seems like there is way more light in the room than the metal halide running @750w

yea man the light coverage is insane, puts my metal halide to shame. i have these at 50% and it seems like there is way more light in the room than the metal halide running @750w
Hey man I hope your enjoying the weekend. Nice job on mounting all light drivers and environment controller. You can never have too much tec these days and your setup will kill it. As far as turning up the lights light = energy so as soon as they look like they adapted to the switch from HID to LED start turning it up slowly. Just keep them high enough not to upset them as those lights r blinding. I myself mount mine high then get it up to speed. Once the plants settle I lower it slowly into the perfect height for coverage. Since you don’t have to worry about coverage so much with your spread lmao just turn them up slowly when the plants look good.
How the plants looking today??

Hey man I hope your enjoying the weekend. Nice job on mounting all light drivers and environment controller. You can never have too much tec these days and your setup will kill it. As far as turning up the lights light = energy so as soon as they look like they adapted to the switch from HID to LED start turning it up slowly. Just keep them high enough not to upset them as those lights r blinding. I myself mount mine high then get it up to speed. Once the plants settle I lower it slowly into the perfect height for coverage. Since you don’t have to worry about coverage so much with your spread lmao just turn them up slowly when the plants look good.
How the plants looking today??
Hey slow start to the morning , just checked they look good up top but the roots look prolly the worst they have ever looked gah.

You ask I deliver lol . Mounted up the drivers, dimmers are just temporary obviously have a type f light adapter and wiring harness ordered so I can control all the lights via the Trolmaster app and then will auto dim if temperature gets to hot... speaking of the Trolmaster i remounted it. slightly addicted to tech, I know it’s not needed but this is a hobby for me.

I have the lights 21 inches above the plant and dimmed to 50 percent on the post. You think that’s okay to start off ?

Wow. Love the setup and layout of that. Very clean. Nice job!

Like others have said, just watch the height for a bit. It's an adjustment from MH to LED. May want to raise it to 24 to 30. Just depends on how the plants are reacting to it.

Haven't updated this in a few days because things have been on hydroponic cruise control.. just kidding.
i haven't posted because i have been in the fight of my life against pythium and haven't really had a moment to breath since Friday. i had a big camping trip planned since august, canceled everything to fight the rot lol. I lost count of the number of res changes i have done since friday but i think its 4 complete res changes. once i replaced 50% of the tubing and another time i replaced everything including the pump. I took the chiller out of the loop, i put it in the loop. I used H202 and hygrozyme with RO water, i tried hydo sparkle, i basically tried everything locally available. Yesterday things got really bad. the roots were COVERED in white and translucent snot that i couldnt clean off. Left them in a bath with H202 from 2pm until 8:30 pm while fairly violently agitating the roots. After hours of soaking i started to get the crap off the roots and got them pretty clean again in the end. I mixed up a fresh batch of 1/2 strength nutes using tap water instead of RO and UC roots @ 5ML per gallon. This am my res is as clean as it has ever looked and the roots look much better than yesterday, i have been fooled before so i ll keep a very close eye on things today and get ready for another battle if necessary. Sorry for this verbal nonsense i am spewing, need to get it down so i can remember what i did, if this ever happens again. And an assortment of horrible and gross photographs in no particular order.

Somehow up top things aren't looking so bad. Some drooping i think from the light switch but they are perking back up now. Also a cal/mag def on some of the older growth i think but that seems like not such a big deal right now.

have a great day .

PS my house looks like a tractor trailer full of hydroponic growing equipment veered off the road, flipped on its side and spewed its contents into my basement.

Haven't updated this in a few days because things have been on hydroponic cruise control.. just kidding.
i haven't posted because i have been in the fight of my life against pythium and haven't really had a moment to breath since Friday. i had a big camping trip planned since august, canceled everything to fight the rot lol. I lost count of the number of res changes i have done since friday but i think its 4 complete res changes. once i replaced 50% of the tubing and another time i replaced everything including the pump. I took the chiller out of the loop, i put it in the loop. I used H202 and hygrozyme with RO water, i tried hydo sparkle, i basically tried everything locally available. Yesterday things got really bad. the roots were COVERED in white and translucent snot that i couldnt clean off. Left them in a bath with H202 from 2pm until 8:30 pm while fairly violently agitating the roots. After hours of soaking i started to get the crap off the roots and got them pretty clean again in the end. I mixed up a fresh batch of 1/2 strength nutes using tap water instead of RO and UC roots @ 5ML per gallon. This am my res is as clean as it has ever looked and the roots look much better than yesterday, i have been fooled before so i ll keep a very close eye on things today and get ready for another battle if necessary. Sorry for this verbal nonsense i am spewing, need to get it down so i can remember what i did, if this ever happens again. And an assortment of horrible and gross photographs in no particular order.

Somehow up top things aren't looking so bad. Some drooping i think from the light switch but they are perking back up now. Also a cal/mag def on some of the older growth i think but that seems like not such a big deal right now.

have a great day .

PS my house looks like a tractor trailer full of hydroponic growing equipment veered off the road, flipped on its side and spewed its contents into my basement.
I hope this works fingers crossed. I know you could use a serious win now.

I hope this works fingers crossed. I know you could use a serious win now.

thanks dude, just checked in on the ladies and can hardly believe my eyes. Every res change before this after 24 hrs the water has been disgusting. I’d drink outta this lol
Root mass is pathetic but I cannot see any signs of new gunk and the roots actually look pretty good all things considered for the first time in a week. I will most likely give them another h202 soak tomorrow to try and kill anything that might still be growing in the root mass or net pots.

up top plants r getting used to the lights and continuing to perk up. Iam back up to 50% power. Will probably start lowering lights tomorrow.

thanks dude, just checked in on the ladies and can hardly believe my eyes. Every res change before this after 24 hrs the water has been disgusting. I’d drink outta this lol
Root mass is pathetic but I cannot see any signs of new gunk and the roots actually look pretty good all things considered for the first time in a week. I will most likely give them another h202 soak tomorrow to try and kill anything that might still be growing in the root mass or net pots.

up top plants r getting used to the lights and continuing to perk up. Iam back up to 50% power. Will probably start lowering lights tomorrow.
Well shit that’s fucking amazing. I know you wanted to use RO but it seems all the garbage they put in tap water is working out in your favour. Fingers crossed it holds long enough to clean the system and get those plants back on track.

Well shit that’s fucking amazing. I know you wanted to use RO but it seems all the garbage they put in tap water is working out in your favour. Fingers crossed it holds long enough to clean the system and get those plants back on track.
Yep great call on the tap water thx !

Still ultra clean in the buckets, feels great not breaking my back tearing down system 1x per day. Going to try and bump the nutes up today as they are on a very light dose right now. I am scared to add anything because the more nutes and cal mag I have in there the more possibilities for this to come back. I have a lot of nice clean roots coming out of the net pots which is a good sign I hope . have been top feeding them a bit as they don’t have many roots in the water, they seem to enjoy this.
Iam still waiting for my trolmaster lighting parts to arrive at the hydro shop, but I have enough on my plate as it is right now.

Normally the little business my brother and I run is super dead this time of year but we have had an insanely busy month, coupled with this root battle and man Iam getting burned out lol. If the rot comes back again I will prolly accept defeat and start from scratch.

have a great day :)

Still ultra clean in the buckets, feels great not breaking my back tearing down system 1x per day. Going to try and bump the nutes up today as they are on a very light dose right now. I am scared to add anything because the more nutes and cal mag I have in there the more possibilities for this to come back. I have a lot of nice clean roots coming out of the net pots which is a good sign I hope . have been top feeding them a bit as they don’t have many roots in the water, they seem to enjoy this.
Iam still waiting for my trolmaster lighting parts to arrive at the hydro shop, but I have enough on my plate as it is right now.

Normally the little business my brother and I run is super dead this time of year but we have had an insanely busy month, coupled with this root battle and man Iam getting burned out lol. If the rot comes back again I will prolly accept defeat and start from scratch.

have a great day :)
Hey man that’s great having a booming business as long as your taking care of yourself. Good to see the water is holding and as long as the plants stabilize you should be able to turn this around. Just keep the lights high and slowly increase the light and they will turn around. Take it easy man and get some deserved relaxation.

Good morning 420, still clean and green in the grow room when I checked early this am .
seems the plants can’t handle much light. On Tuesday night I turned them up a bit and by yesterday morning the plants were very droopy, the leaves were curling under themselves and looked like they wanted out of the light. Last night I dimmed them back down and the leaves unfurled themselves over night. maybe related to the small root mass. This one basically had zero roots sticking out on Tuesday after their battle with root rot. It’s starting to push some nice clean roots now.
And the room

Good morning 420, still clean and green in the grow room when I checked early this am .
seems the plants can’t handle much light. On Tuesday night I turned them up a bit and by yesterday morning the plants were very droopy, the leaves were curling under themselves and looked like they wanted out of the light. Last night I dimmed them back down and the leaves unfurled themselves over night. maybe related to the small root mass. This one basically had zero roots sticking out on Tuesday after their battle with root rot. It’s starting to push some nice clean roots now.
And the room
Hey man I hope all is good. Nice to see the water is holding. Good catch on the lights and responding to the plants needs in a instant. They should start to respond well to those lights soon.

The only thing that has caused dramatic root rot for me like that is a light leak .
I run dirty SOUP and they just LOVE it, but water changes no less than 2 weeks apart.
I know your buckets are wrapped and I’m super glad your tap water is working for you ! But I don’t know that the ‘gunk’ was your problem?

Maybe stop pulling your plants out and let the roots settle for a few days too ?
Anyways glad things are looking up for you! Namaste

Back
Top Bottom