Prohibition Is Over And It's Time To Grow: Budget LED 750 Watts RDWC

Oh yea RO can be a PITA! I read your first hydro journal and your extreme ph drops are exactly what kept happening to me when I used ro, it was like re living my own nightmare ha ha I ended up switching to city water and never really looked back. Back to the buckets I might go with a 2 plant setup with dual 13 gallon buckets and then an 8 gallon bucket for the pump res. I will prolly pick a few up tomorrow and play around with layouts.

Today was a lot of work! You forget this part ha ha . I tried to get my buckets all sterilized and setup today but ran into a few issues.
Compression fitting that goes into the chiller was pretty brittle and cracked as I was tightening it. Dam these are super hard to find, drove an hour away and got skunked at an aquarium shop after they said they hand them.

tore the chiller apart thinking I could change the fittings coming out of the tank but they are moulded to the unit gah .

Ended up trying to epoxy the fitting for a temp fix and have some being sent from Cora life (free of charge:)

next it was time to replace the plastic on the floors, used to run it for a few grows and it was pretty gross even after cleaning so out it went

cleaned and sprayed for mold and in with the new

next my friend came over and moved my fan for me. I dunno why I had it inside my room before but this seems better

after that it was time to clean clay pebbles. Soaked them in bleach for 6 hours then dumped them in my tub and kept soaking and rinsing for a few hours. Finally I boiled them! Hopefully they are clean now ha ha. My wife is starting to look at me funny

lastly I put the chiller back together, cut some new black tubing to replace old stuff that had heavy salt deposits And then filled it up with some vinegar and water. I will let it sit overnight, rinse it in the morning and get it ready for some plants !

Today was a lot of work! You forget this part ha ha . I tried to get my buckets all sterilized and setup today but ran into a few issues.
Compression fitting that goes into the chiller was pretty brittle and cracked as I was tightening it. Dam these are super hard to find, drove an hour away and got skunked at an aquarium shop after they said they hand them.

tore the chiller apart thinking I could change the fittings coming out of the tank but they are moulded to the unit gah .

Ended up trying to epoxy the fitting for a temp fix and have some being sent from Cora life (free of charge:)

next it was time to replace the plastic on the floors, used to run it for a few grows and it was pretty gross even after cleaning so out it went

cleaned and sprayed for mold and in with the new

next my friend came over and moved my fan for me. I dunno why I had it inside my room before but this seems better

after that it was time to clean clay pebbles. Soaked them in bleach for 6 hours then dumped them in my tub and kept soaking and rinsing for a few hours. Finally I boiled them! Hopefully they are clean now ha ha. My wife is starting to look at me funny

lastly I put the chiller back together, cut some new black tubing to replace old stuff that had heavy salt deposits And then filled it up with some vinegar and water. I will let it sit overnight, rinse it in the morning and get it ready for some plants !

You have to love spending so such time on something so small and getting absolutely nowhere. Lmao been there many times. I’m you at least found the part and r getting it sent for free. Sounds like a win.

Full throttle today in the garden, pretty happy to have this hobby back. Had my mixing res filled up last night so throughout the day I slowly mixed my nutes and got the ph dialed in. While I was letting things settle I sterilized everything in my grow system with h202 and then rinsed everything one last time. I also had my pebbles soaking in water at 5.9ph. My friend spent the day helping me organize everything and also setup a new air pump and manifold. The pump gets pretty hot and will need airflow over it. Here are the res numbers and some other pics. Feels good to have the ladies in their proper home :)

Iam spending a lot of time downstairs, my dog is like..

@KCCO 77 what nutes do u run in your buckets? I wanna try something other than DNF.

Full throttle today in the garden, pretty happy to have this hobby back. Had my mixing res filled up last night so throughout the day I slowly mixed my nutes and got the ph dialed in. While I was letting things settle I sterilized everything in my grow system with h202 and then rinsed everything one last time. I also had my pebbles soaking in water at 5.9ph. My friend spent the day helping me organize everything and also setup a new air pump and manifold. The pump gets pretty hot and will need airflow over it. Here are the res numbers and some other pics. Feels good to have the ladies in their proper home :)

@KCCO 77 what nutes do u run in your buckets? I wanna try something other than DNF.
Hey man things r looking like it’s getting serious over there. Good to c a fellow grower back up and running. I used DNF for years and just last year around April I started using Green Planet. I’m very happy with it so far. It is part of a on going test that I am doing between me and a friend. I can post a pic of my flower lineup of nutrient tonight. Enjoy

Another fun filled day. I have been researching Environment controllers for awhile, for a bunch of reasons I chose the Trolmaster hydro x. It was fun to setup and is extremely modular, I will be adding more devices to it in the future. One additional sensor I Already have on order is the smoke detector. Installing and setting up the controller was easy and pretty fun. After looking at VPD charts I Played around with the fan and humidity controls and now VPD is staying in the optimal zone throughout the venting Cycle :) . The app is awesome, I was adjusting temp and humidity levels at work. Some pics

Hey man things r looking like it’s getting serious over there. Good to c a fellow grower back up and running. I used DNF for years and just last year around April I started using Green Planet. I’m very happy with it so far. It is part of a on going test that I am doing between me and a friend. I can post a pic of my flower lineup of nutrient tonight. Enjoy

okay sweet thanks i think i will try them on my next res change. Seems to be stocked at all the shops around here.

Another fun filled day. I have been researching Environment controllers for awhile, for a bunch of reasons I chose the Trolmaster hydro x. It was fun to setup and is extremely modular, I will be adding more devices to it in the future. One additional sensor I Already have on order is the smoke detector. Installing and setting up the controller was easy and pretty fun. After looking at VPD charts I Played around with the fan and humidity controls and now VPD is staying in the optimal zone throughout the venting Cycle :) . The app is awesome, I was adjusting temp and humidity levels at work. Some pics

Hey man I hope all is good. I guessing all is good since you’ve picked up that sweet little environmental controller. How much did it cost? Was it ordered online or picked up at a local shop? I’ve been eyeing one up at my hydro shop because I’m a complete slave to my environment as these season's change.
Here is my veg lineup I’ve been running lately.
The A/B is in French/English and the new bottles look a little different.
Flower lineup
I have been using this stuff on and off and I get a lot of different information on it. Can you do me a solid? If you trust the people you deal with at the shops as far as being knowledgeable can you ask them if I can use these two products together?
I want to know if the H2O2 cancels out the HYGROZYME. I have got so much different information one more option can’t hurt. There is large benefits to both products so I would like to run them together but the cost of the HYGROZYME keeps me from doing so. If you feel they r just trying to sell shit and know nothing that’s cool too. I have come across my share of them as well lmao. Thx play safe and enjoy

One more? Did you plumb this sprinkler yourself??I love it and want some. If you did I have more ? Also your dog is priceless. I get that same look every night after coming up out of my basement.

Almost forgot I thinking of switching the DNF for green planet
It’s the same formula and half the price. The only reason I have not tried it yet is it smells real bad. The DNF is has no smell and the green planet is horrible.(for me anyways) my sniffer is extremely sensitive. If you come across one of these little packets give it a sniff lmao. However same shit half price and is probably a better product. Let me know what you think if you come across it.

Hey man I hope all is good. I guessing all is good since you’ve picked up that sweet little environmental controller. How much did it cost? Was it ordered online or picked up at a local shop? I’ve been eyeing one up at my hydro shop because I’m a complete slave to my environment as these season's change.
Here is my veg lineup I’ve been running lately.
The A/B is in French/English and the new bottles look a little different.
Flower lineup
I have been using this stuff on and off and I get a lot of different information on it. Can you do me a solid? If you trust the people you deal with at the shops as far as being knowledgeable can you ask them if I can use these two products together?
I want to know if the H2O2 cancels out the HYGROZYME. I have got so much different information one more option can’t hurt. There is large benefits to both products so I would like to run them together but the cost of the HYGROZYME keeps me from doing so. If you feel they r just trying to sell shit and know nothing that’s cool too. I have come across my share of them as well lmao. Thx play safe and enjoy
Hi all good over here mate, went skiing today in collingwood it was beautiful and nobody around. I was checking my grow room on the app from the top of the hill lmao.

I bought a few other things with the controller but the Hydro x plus the humidity and temp control plugs was a around 550 cdn with tax. I bought it locally in stock and I really recommend it. Which one were you looking at ?

Iam gonna talk to a few people about your question re h202 and Hygrozyme and I’ll get back to you. I personally have no idea lol.

One more? Did you plumb this sprinkler yourself??I love it and want some. If you did I have more ? Also your dog is priceless. I get that same look every night after coming up out of my basement.

ha ha sorry i missed this, i didn't but i could have, just finished pumbling a massive shower for a friend. but no i didn't because my buddy who works in fire control owed me a favour. i Can probably get you some parts, i just texted him.

ha ha sorry i missed this, i didn't but i could have, just finished pumbling a massive shower for a friend. but no i didn't because my buddy who works in fire control owed me a favour. i Can probably get you some parts, i just texted him.
Hey man good morning. Nice pics from the journey yesterday. I love the fact your checking out your numbers on the ski hill that’s what I’m talking about.
So about those sprinkler heads, can they be attached to a 3/4 inch pex or do they require you to attach them with copper pipe. I’m no plumber but I do have some knowledge around plumbing. Being on a well I have a very extensive water system that I have pretty much built my self. I swapped all the copper out and ran 3/4 pex through my whole house as my copper was getting brittle. If they can be hooked up to pex what kinda pressure do they need? I run a 30/50 switch on my pressure tank. So I only have between 30 and 50 psi at any time and would this be enough? If not I could swap out my pressure switch for a 40/60 if needed. I will have to look into this a little and c what I come up with. If you could just ask your friend when you’re talking to him whats the minimum pressure they will work under and can they b hooked to pex? Thx man.
Have you seen any Mold on your other clones? Did the spray contain it?? FYI that controller is top of my list for Xmas and they wife just rolled her eyes at me lmao. She knows I’m getting one even if she doesn’t get it for me. Play safe and enjoy

Hey man good morning. Nice pics from the journey yesterday. I love the fact your checking out your numbers on the ski hill that’s what I’m talking about.
So about those sprinkler heads, can they be attached to a 3/4 inch pex or do they require you to attach them with copper pipe. I’m no plumber but I do have some knowledge around plumbing. Being on a well I have a very extensive water system that I have pretty much built my self. I swapped all the copper out and ran 3/4 pex through my whole house as my copper was getting brittle. If they can be hooked up to pex what kinda pressure do they need? I run a 30/50 switch on my pressure tank. So I only have between 30 and 50 psi at any time and would this be enough? If not I could swap out my pressure switch for a 40/60 if needed. I will have to look into this a little and c what I come up with. If you could just ask your friend when you’re talking to him whats the minimum pressure they will work under and can they b hooked to pex? Thx man.
Have you seen any Mold on your other clones? Did the spray contain it?? FYI that controller is top of my list for Xmas and they wife just rolled her eyes at me lmao. She knows I’m getting one even if she doesn’t get it for me. Play safe and enjoy

hey so my friend got back to me with a bunch of Info. Min pressure For sprinkler heads is 7psi , my house is 60 so you are good there. For industrial code it should be 1/2“ k class copper, Lubitrol plastic (google blaze master pipe) or black steel. But he says if it’s a DIY project for yourself pex is 100% ok. 1 sprinkler head covers a 12ft diameter or 144 square feet. If you need more than one head they will need to be at least 6 feet apart. He’s an encyclopedia all things fire protection if you any more questions.
Regarding the mold, the runt looking plant in my dwc is fighting the same mold right now. I have sprayed it with h202 a few times which has helped. I have a healthier clone in the cloner, I might swap them out tomorrow. The mold is really pissing me off...The other 3 plants at least look big and healthy enough to survive.

lol who told you to do that?
pro tip
put bag in shower,
cut top of bag open,
turn on shower and let it fill up the bag

after its full, stab a hole or two at the bottom by the corners
let it run like that for maybe half hour or so and they are fine

Back
Top Bottom