Project Odyssey - First Time All Natural Grow

Treadstone

Hello, and welcome to my first grow and first grow journal.

Project Odyssey is my first attempt at growing cannabis naturally. This means I will only be using soil, water, sunlight and love. The project began on July 4th, 2013 and it consists of four seeds of an unknown strain. Each seed was planted in its own container filled with all purpose potting soil. Since I have no way of identifying each subject by strain, I have taken the liberty of naming each of my operatives; Achilles, Hector, Priam and Patroclus.

All growing will be done indoors in an area of my living residence where the plants will receive on average around 6-7 hours of morning sunlight each day, and will remain in a well lit area for the remainder of the day.

So far Achilles, Hector and Priam have all begun to sprout. I dug up Achilles and replanted the sprout about a half inch under the surface of the soil. Both Priam and Hector had over an inch of sprouted stem showing already, so instead of burying them completely, I just replanted them until only the tip of the sprout remained above the soil. This is to promote a healthy base for my plants. Still no activity from Patroclus. For watering I plan on keeping an eye on the soil, making sure it's damp, but not saturated with water. I will be watering about every 3-4 days depending on how the soil looks.

As I stated earlier, this is my first time growing cannabis so I'm really just relying on what I already know about gardening in general. I know lights and fertilizers are required for maximum crop output, but I'm not really gunning for a high yield, this is more just for fun and to see if I can do it.

Any comments, questions, concerns and tips are highly welcomed! I want to ensure the survival of my plants, and I will do my best to keep this journal updated. Thank you!

Day 3 since first sprout: Lots of progress was made overnight, both Priam and Hector have developed into tall sprouts, and both of which I know will have sturdy trunks. Achilles activity seems to have halted, and there is still no activity from Patroclus. Which makes me a little sad considering that I now will only have two plants to work with.

Now for some pictures:
ARRdhih.jpg

This is Hector, so far the stronger of the two plants
I7jG11r.jpg

He's beginning to develop some nicer looking leaves, though they're still in the very early stages

Priam is doing alright, though this sprout is not nearly as developed as Hector, it's still quite healthy, despite how the picture looks (I was in a rush while taking them)
oB9EVNi.jpg

Hopefully they only continue to grow stronger and stronger. I plan on moving them to 1 gal pots in 3 days, with fresh soil. It would appear after reading through more and more of these journals that Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil is the way to go, as it provides nutrients for most of the plants life in the soil. So I will need to pick some of that up before transferring my plants into their new homes.

However, if it's recommended that I stick with the same type of soil that I used for the plants initial sprouting phase, then I will just stick with my regular all purpose potting soil. Any and all feedback is welcome!

Patience, is the key to succes! dont over do it, dont under do it, try to find balance in everything, as nature does :) Peace :ganjamon: and good weed.

Day 4 since first sprout: Not much change since yesterday. Hector continues to look strong and its leaves are beginning to stretch out a bit more (though not much). Priam almost looks sickly, though I know he isn't. He could be overwatered, so I will be a little more conservative in their water dosages. I transferred them into their new homes today. They'll stay in these 1 gal pots for the remainder of their lifespan. Again, I'm not going to a high crop yield, and I have limited growing space on my window sill. Remember, I'm not growing with lights or fertilizer. Just sunshine water and love.

Anyway, onto showing the operatives in their new homes!
FPpkX6v.jpg

Hector in his new home.
i5IddNC.jpg

Priam in his new home, and looking a little droopy..
xMi25Kf.jpg

Both of them in their grow spot

I want to thank KingJohnC for subscribing, and thank you to all of you who popped by to check on my agents! Keep smoking

Hey bro, little babes growing nicely! I would try to get my hands on some PH pool test, or tournasol paper, and some ph+ or ph- depending on your water's tendency, in my expirience, soil with wood or bark, or woodchip's tend to be more acid :) it might not seem like its thaat important, but overall it does! even if you dont care about the yield, theres little things that will help you maximize it. Keep it real :ganjamon:

Sinsemillas, thank you for the tip! I will definitely pick some of that up this weekend. I didn't know that about soil with wood chippings in it, I will need to monitor this grow closely. And next time will definitely pick up soil without wood :cheesygrinsmiley:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom