Proof outdoor is just plain better, in all ways!

Now before I piss off all the indoor growers, just let me explain my reasoning. First the lighting, nothing can beat the the Sun, it has every spectrum all plants want and need. Secondly, lets try taste, as an example, ever eaten one of those poor cloned Hothouse tomatoes, or any other vegetable grown indoors compared to one that is grown outside, naturally in the Sun. There is no comparison, the outdoor grown veggies ALWAYS taste a thousand times better. Same goes for Herb, now some people believe that indoor is so much prettier than outdoor, which I guess if all you have ever been around is indoor Herb, or some crappy bricked up Mexican, or outdoor that was not grown in a climate it is acclimated to, this could be true. As they say perception is reality. But if you were to see Primo Herb that I and many other knowledgeable growers from my area grow, I think you might just change your mind. Besides, since when has Herb been judged by how it looks alone? And as far as taste is concerned, see tomatoes and veggie comparison above. I have seen a lot of quality Herb in my day, indoor and outdoor, and the outdoor always, in all ways, is much more superior to indoor. Plus the yields are far above and beyond what you can get indoor, all in one season! For those of you that say outdoor is to risky because of the possibilities of it getting seeded, I say BS! I have been growing a long time, and unless I wanted something seeded, I assure it does not happen because I know what I am doing, and it is quite easy to determine a Male or Hermaphrodite from a Female. The only time you get a random seed, is if a Bee or some other random Bug comes along and pollinates a flower, and in all my years of growing, I have only ever found, in almost 20 yrs I mind you, like maybe ten random seeds out of more pounds than I care to put down in writing. If I can figure it out, I will post some of my crop pictures in this thread, if not, just go to my gallery, and there are 30 nice pictures there. Herb should be judged first on the high, secondly on ambience(SMELL, FLAVOR AND TASTE) and last, but not always least, LOOKS or BAG APPEAL. I know people that claim to know, I mean really KNOW their Herb, and they cannot tell the difference between my outdoor and quality indoor. And they claim to be experts! I guarantee you I can tell the difference betwixt the two! So not to sound like an arrogant bastard, I have smoked some KILLER indoor Herb, but next to the finest, or even not the finest outdoor, I always choose the outdoor. There is even something to be said for the herb coming out of Mexico these days, I would rather smoke quality Mex than indoor Herb. Then there is the question of pests, all indoor growers know and fear this blight, between the Spider Mites, White Flies, Aphids etc etc. They live in a world of constant fear of their indoor grow becoming infected. As an outdoor grower I have never had to deal with ANY of these problems. Reason being, nature polices herself, Lady Bugs and Wasps or Hornets love Spider Mites and whatever else their hungry little bodies can eat, including Grasshoppers, which the Wasps, Hornets, Spiders and whatever other Predatory Bugs and Birds just love to devour! I have never in all my yrs had an infestation, nor have I ever sprayed for pests, Nature does the work all for me!! I am interested in hearing what some of you think of my statements, and hope we can have an enlightened discussion on the topic, not a pissing contest! Everything i have written is true, and based on empirical evidence I have learned over the years, now if I can just figure out how to post some pictures to give evidence to this thread. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN. Cannot figure out how to post pictures along with thread, anyone care to enlighten me, please?

Re: Proof outdoor is just plain better, in all ways!!

You got me there stonerheid, living in California makes one tend to forget about that! How can I post my pictures to an old thread, I have 40 pictures in my gallery and would love to post them, I just cannot seem to understand the HELP section, I am not stupid, just ignorant, can you please help me, or find someone that will? I will be eternally grateful Scotland Forever!!! SINCERELY JAMESTHEGREEN.

How can I post my pictures to an old thread, I have 40 pictures in my gallery and would love to post them, I just cannot seem to understand the HELP section, I am not stupid, just ignorant, can you please help me, or find someone that will? QUOTE]

in the lower left click on "my photos" choose one and it will put the link in for you

your posts and information seem contradictory ... I hope I am not feeding a troll

I am typing this in the quick reply at the bottom of the page ... in the lower left of the box I am typing in there is a square button that says "my photos" or you could use the icon along the top of the box

If you mean because of my military service that I may be Troll, well you can forget that. When i deploy I have family that comes in and takes over for me while I am away. I only have a few months to go then i am a free man once again. I hope that because I chose to be honest that you do not think of me as a troll. I am an idiot apparently because i cannot find the damn button. Maybe if I post a new thread it will be there. Hope you do not think I am just here to be playing around, and messing with your mind, cause I am not, nor would ever do such a thing. I believe in honor, and would like to believe I have some sir. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

If you mean because of my military service that I may be Troll, well you can forget that. When i deploy I have family that comes in and takes over for me while I am away. I only have a few months to go then i am a free man once again. I hope that because I chose to be honest that you do not think of me as a troll. I am an idiot apparently because i cannot find the damn button. Maybe if I post a new thread it will be there. Hope you do not think I am just here to be playing around, and messing with your mind, cause I am not, nor would ever do such a thing. I believe in honor, and would like to believe I have some sir. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

I am ex-military it has nothing to do with being a troll I was also enlisted so there is no need to sir me. I have looked at your profile and it says you use yet you are still serving. Those two things don't go together so it made me read your posts and in one it says you don't use plus your water post makes me wonder why a 20 year growing vet does not know his water use... those are a couple of things I found to be contradictory

A troll is someone who posts with the primary intent of provoking readers to respond usually for a reason.

If you are not a troll and you are sincere you might want to CYOA and take care of your profile.

I am not a Troll, and I checked my postings, and no where does it say I use regularly, I posted that I use when it is the right time, like R&R, or just after a pee test. I would never use on duty, PERIOD. And I used to be a daily smoker before I joined. Sorry if I have confused you, or said something inappropriate. Why will I not receive any more answers to my posts, is this because I said something wrong? If so let me know, I'll clean it up. SINCERELY JAMESTHEGREEN.

I have never, ever had to figure out per gallon how much water I use. We use a well and do not pay for the water, and in my earlier grows we used a water pump at the riverside. I always just watered till it was well watered, and then moved on to the next plant.

Why will I not receive any more answers to my posts, is this because I said something wrong?

Not really. This place is pretty laid back, you came in this forum with both guns blazing, that puts folks off. I respect your opinion for outdoor growing and wish you luck with the water asshole ... I had a thought about that, just measure your water by watering from a bucket just one plant or water one plant and time it, then fill buckets for the same time and see how many gallons you use.

Thank you both, you made me feel alot better about everything. Because i use 100 gallon containers, it would be next to impossible to water every plant that way, when it is between 85-105 degrees outside, watering by 5 gallon buckets per plant at a time is just way to much work, at least at my age. i think the WATER ASSHOLE is just going to have to live up to his prior agreements and let me police my own watering, I'll just water half the garden at a time, which in reality comes out to about 350-500gallons of water per watering, depending on how dry i let the containers get, plus the temperature,wind and the size of the plants as they get older, as the larger they get the more of everything they consume, from water to nutrients to time and patience. I wish you guys would check out my gallery, i have about 40 pictures posted, and I think you could see what I mean by there is no telling how much water i use. plus the pictures are nice, and i am very proud of them, would love to hear your opinions on my trees/garden. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

018236.JPG

04651.JPG

04265.JPG

101310.JPG
9781.JPG

62710.JPG

9792.JPG

04750.JPG

09815.JPG

NYC_DIESEL_010.JPG

NYC_DIESEL_016.JPG

09416.JPG

9821.JPG

10561.JPG

10431.JPG

101510.JPG
I hope this worked. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

I see your point, but that would still take forever using 5 gallon buckets, to do every plant. I enjoy watering by hand, it makes sure I get just the right amount, as everyday is different Temperature wise, it would be impossible to just have one set of amount of water to give each plant. Plus some of my Daughters are in different parts of the garden and require different amounts on any given day to satisfy them. And to be honest, when I moved in, HE, said I could have access to as much water as I needed,PERIOD! Now he wants to flip the game on me, he is manipulative, bossy to everyone, including his Wife,Kids, who all moved away as a matter of fact for just this reason(THE KIDS), all of his helpers etc,etc, I just want him to stand by his word. You see he has this trick that he uses to keep control, He is always changing up the rules. Well I refuse to let him do this to me one more time, especially since I built for the property a $6,000 in US currency, garden, along with purchasing a 1,000 gallon water tank, so I could always have plenty of water, and I never use 1,000 gallons of water in a day. Maybe 2,000 over a ten period day, if it is super hot, like 105 to 115 degrees, which thankfully usually happens only a few weeks out of the summer. Our average mean Temp on the mountain I live on is like between 85-95 degrees,Fahrenheit. I also rented a backhoe to flatten out my garden area, and give it a slight angle so all the water goes one direction towards our run off stream bed, that is dry most of the year. The Backhoe alone cost me more money to rent per day than I care to print, as I am afraid you will think me mad! THANK YOU BUCKSHOT, for trying to help, but I believe I must stand my ground on the water issue, it is far too important, and my foolish pride does not wish to allow him to win. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN. I also understand what you mean by doing it all with just one plant and one bucket, to get an empirical set in stone amount of what one such plant does this way with the amount of soil I keep in the 100gallon container, That way I could just measure things out and no problems. But the problem is that each plant after a different point in their rapid growth, require markedly different amounts of water. I have had some plants that take on 30 gallons, and the one next to it wont be happy till it gets 55-60, then the following week the plant that wanted little water, has a greater than normal thirst, or it has been windy, and it takes 50-55 gallons of water. So as you can see there is no magic solution to this problem. Just a lot of watching and working to do. Keeps me in shape!

Photo's: I think you have to post a certain amout of times before you can send a photo. They want to to be involved with the group. I'm new too but as you can see have many blogs and what you cant see is a "my photos" botton on the bottom of all my replys that I hit and I can choose which pics from the gallery I want to post.

Outdoor: Grew it on the big island for years. 3/4 tubing ever where running from the water sheads. But come on, outdoor is a rough way of life. I do Indo and Outdo now. California is amazing.

go to reply, at the bottom of the type box will be a link that says "go advanced" click on that and go to the attachment tab,click that and upload your photos, you may have to resize them depending on the size limitations but this will allow you to post ur pics

018236.JPG

Isn't California GREAT, a State that actually lets it's people decide for themselves, truly awesome! I LOVE living here. And you are right, the WORK is backbreaking, rewarding, hard,dirty,humbling. a great form of exercise and worth every bit to keep my wife happy!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN. Why are there 3 pictures of the same plant?

Back
Top Bottom