Prop19's Indoor/Outdoor 1st Grow Journal

Prop19

Hey Guys, I finally registered! After a while of reading other peoples' journals and entries i decided to join in the fun! This is my first attempt at growing so I have plenty to learn. Hopefully the people here at 420 magazine can help me along my journey! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my journal guys!

Strain: Bagseed
State: Currently in 5th week of Veg
Lighting: 23watt cfl/64watt cfl?
Soil: Miracle Grow (the type that controls the water)
Nutrients: Whatevers in the soil
Schedule: has been on a 18/6

So here it is guys, Ive been vegging for about 5 weeks now and it seems kinda small, I attempted at topping it but i dont think it fully worked :/. The leaves are also curling up a little bit and kinda looked dried out. I misted them last night to see if that would help. I had my plants on a 24/7 schedule for about a week for rapid growth? I read that somewhere that it would help. The plant is under the lights right now but I want to put it outside after I change the lighting to a 12/12 schedule for a bit. Im not sure really how to do this(do i just put the plant outside?) I have a spot thats near my house. If there is any advice that any of you have it is most appreciated. Remember THIS IS MY FIRST GROW so if I act dumb pardon me :). Thanks everyone! Have fun being high! :roorrip:

Here it is :)
Room_0033.JPG

Room_0022.JPG

Room_0042.JPG

Room_0062.JPG

Hey thanks BigSlim for telling me about the pics :) I just re posted them and theyre up now. About transplanting my plant outside, I live in Southern Cali and the temperatures around here in the winter dont get that low, even in the night. I read somewhere that temps below 40 degrees F can ruin crops. Is this true? Ive looked at the average lows and frosts for my area and they are all above 40(except the record lows) Im still not sure if i should transplant them. All the advice is much appreciated! Thanks BigSlim for checking my grow out and posting! :)

no prob i dont kno much myself but have learned everything i do kno from here at 420mag this is a great place

your girl looks nice seems like shes stretched pretty far how close were your lights with those cfls you can put em pretty close and they wont stretch like that instead they will get bushy

Hey Prop, hows the weather. ok enough small talk lol. like the set up, man.

no prob i dont kno much myself but have learned everything i do kno from here at 420mag this is a great place

your girl looks nice seems like shes stretched pretty far how close were your lights with those cfls you can put em pretty close and they wont stretch like that instead they will get bushy

I have my cfls 26w about 2 to 4 inches from the plants, along with a 150w hsp shining above it, so you can get them pretty close and they wont burn.

good luck

Well its about a foot tall right now, I know about letting the plant mature and all but i think i might just flower it in about a week. Everynight theres a fan blowing on it. I also started to LST a bit. Can you LST during flowering?

Can you LST during flowering?

yes you can.. Your cfl's should be about 2-4 inches above your plant. I use cfl's in my current grow.. You should check it out, it's not the best but it could give ya a few pointers.... You should have anywhere between 30 and 50 watts per square foot in your grow area. So if your grow area is 2 foot by 3 foot like mine, you would need a min of 180 watts. I use (4) 42 watters, (3) 13 watters and (1) 32 watt cfl light bulb and it works great. I explain it a little better in my journal....

Hope this helps...

Best of luck with your grow..

Thanks for the info Light-1-up! Im only growing 1 plant at the moment and the pot is probably 1 foot by 1 foot (maybe 1.5 gallon) so I think I have plenty of light. I may be wrong though, I have 1 23watt cfl(smallest cfl i think) and another cfl thats around 64 watts?

again i dont kno from experience but everything ive read the more light the better im currently usin a 4' shop light with 2 80w tubes and 2 26w cfls id love to get a few more

Yea i see your reasoning, is there any tips that anyone could give me about how to go into flowering? Im gonna veg for a couple more days and then switch my light schedule to a 12/12 for a bit before transplanting outdoors, Im not sure if this is smart or not, the temps around here dont get too low and the sunrise and sunset times are like 11 hours apart. Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks guys for stopping by!

Hey guys just another update on my baby :) I checked my calendar yesterday and actually im 1 month and a day into veg from seed! Im pretty sure that im gonna start flowering on sunday or at least switch the lights over. I transplanted it into a bigger pot two days ago and the root system looked very healthy. I used regular potting soil instead of refilling with MG. Should i use some fertalizer during flowering? If so what is a good non expensive kind? Im so amped to see whether or not i have a girl! And tomorrow night im going to see Tribal Seeds so it should be a pretty exciting weekend! Here are some more pictures, if you have any advice feel free to post! Thanks in advance.

Have fun being high :ganjamon:

Room_2_010.JPG
Room_2_008.JPG

Room_2_007.JPG

Room_2_005.JPG

Room_2_001.JPG

Hey man. I would recommend throwing her into the dark for 24 to 36 hours to trigger the flower cycle. That's a sure way to get her to begin flowering. But remember that the dark part of the night is very important for the plant and if it is interupted then the plant will be switched back into veg cycle. I've heard that they are really sensitive when it comes to the the light cycle, which means the even the smallest hint of light can keep it from flowering.

Back
Top Bottom