Propane CO2

Re: propane/ co2

Hey CG, I just spoke with Glen at exhale, he is a great guy.. funny, but he is wholesaling to a couple of my grow shop buddies.. nice they never mentioned the product to me.. could be new and I don't get to that part of the state often.. but he was very helpful and I'm buying 4 bags for my next grow... will update a few months from now with results.. maybe.. ;)

Hey CG, I just spoke with Glen at exhale, he is a great guy.. funny, but he is wholesaling to a couple of my grow shop buddies.. nice they never mentioned the product to me.. could be new and I don't get to that part of the state often.. but he was very helpful and I'm buying 4 bags for my next grow... will update a few months from now with results.. maybe.. ;)

Very Cool!

Best of luck and I would love to hear your comments with pix of results of possible.

Happy Growing

CGs :goodluck:

yea that was just an idea.
just use what ever works for your budget.
ive been doing alot of grilling near my air intake. 2000ppm+
w/ exhast fan duct blowing back into the grow room.
i do that till it hits around 88-90f then then exhaust outside the grow room.
then i exhaust into the chimney to a 7"to 4" reducer and attatch my 4" line to it. less odor. but the grow room will always be stanky.:smokin:

I have been sticking an alcohol burner in my box during the day.
Makes CO2 and water as combustion products.
Haven't even thought about getting the meter out of the tool shop and checking actual PPM.
The alcohol burner is safe, as my box is in the room with me during the day, and I keep an eye on it, and don't leave it unattended.
Got me a ghetto Rubbermaid tub with 5 CFLs 23 watts each, 4 6500k and 1 2700k. Mounted the lights on the bottom, and have the plants sitting on stands to bring them to the lights. Have the whole thing on a table in my den.
So being the inquisitive type, I cut a big huge piece out the side so I can look at them grow, plus it makes for easy access for when I water or take them outside for a dose of real sun light.

And did the guy asking about the mini-split get it wired? If you didn't send me a PM. I am currently unemployed and am bored most days.

New to this site and loving it allready. Am going to try these ideas out. Could it really be that simple? Really love the brainstorming that goes on here. Thanx to all

I have been using Co2boost for years but decided to give the Exhale bags a run, they are bunk.. it's basically a mushroom growing kit in a bag and it doesn't work as well as my boost. If you're looking for alternative Co2, I suggest the boost- works wonders on my plants

very good info thanx. I use a natural gas c02 generator with controller, buffing the heat is expencive and Im always looking to be more efficient, the bags could help and I may try them. I run a mini split and the first thing I did to it during install was to install a low ambiant fan controller and a crank case heater, due to our need to run a.c. 24/7/365 even when its freezing outside. I will likely try and adapt a relay to the co2 gen. to trigger a regulator, but if the bags or boots systems augment levels enough I will tell all who are interested.:nicethread:

I bought the bags about a month ago.. just switched to 12/12 last week... so far I have not noticed any differnce from my last grow(same plant)?

I have decided to fill and use my tank reg. towards the end. see if that helps fill them out?

With the bags, I shut down all air flow during night time, I know they don't utilize CO2 during the night, but what options do I have? During their daylight, I need to have at least the hood blowers on... I figure they will collect and eat up any left over O2 during the begining of day light??

Back to sloggin those damned tanks twice a week i guess?

Re: Propane/ co2

This thread needs a bump.

I just tested the blow torch method in a 8X5X8 space and measuring using a C.A.P. PPM-1c, easily got it up to 1500 PPM in about 4-5 minutes on medium. I definitely would not advise blasting it on full in most of your small tents or grow spaces. If I felt strong heat within about 2 feet of my hand I brought it down some.

Not a bad option until I get a tank.

This thread needs a bump.

I just tested the blow torch method in a 8X5X8 space and measuring using a C.A.P. PPM-1c, easily got it up to 1500 PPM in about 4-5 minutes on medium. I definitely would not advise blasting it on full in most of your small tents or grow spaces. If I felt strong heat within about 2 feet of my hand I brought it down some.

Not a bad option until I get a tank.

hey in the wind 'ive been doing the propane thing because it fills the room fast. my room is 12x8x8. and yes I wouldn't use it unless I had a big space. not for tents. I run it for 5 min. w/ the exhaust fan off. then just close the door behind me. during 18/6 I probly do it 4 to 6 times. during flower 2-3 times a day.
im using exhale now. I bought 4 bags. theres not much room in the flower room at this time so ididnt want to burn down my crops. so I broke down and got the exhale. myco2 claims 3000ppm for 3 months. that's not bad and you get to eat the mushrooms. take care itw.:thumb:

propane is 2 bucks a bottle when bought by the case of 12.
also keeps the grow area warm.
good for larger grow rooms.
not for tents or smaller grow rooms. you need at least 3 feet of clearance. while running the torch.
make sure nothing flammable like papers wood plastic etc. are near you.
run torch while exhaust fan is off and osilating fans on. 5-7 min.
I know its not a coveient method. but it does work.
myco2/exhale bags is very convenient. and safer. but I see co2 generators for big bucks. w/ 4 burners 8 burners etc. using propane. a propane torch is just a smaller scale of generating co2. buring propane produces co2 just like the co2 generators for 200.00-300.00. propane is propane.
:thumb:

i have a wall mounted e-sense CO2 meter.(0 to 2000ppms) looks like a regular thermostat.
i also have one for CO w/ an alarm. its digital and is used for indoor air quality. im lic. in cali and nyc to do iaq. the meters are approx. 250 bucks but well worth it.
i used to do iaq, and microscopy for asbestos, and lead paint in schools and low income housing. i used to work at l.a. unified school dist. as an independent contractor. testing the air.:welcome:
i had alot of cool toys like refridgerant leak meters, gas meters. vacuuum pumps, microscopes. etc.
i was out in cali for 8 years doing iaq.
had to return to the east coast cause my dad had a major heart attack, to help my mom.
man i miss cali.
Not to be an ass but stay there!!! There are already to many idiot`s in California

Back
Top Bottom