Proper CFL use for 1 plant

BlaziNoob

Hey guys, noob is back with yet another query, those who have answered my queries earlier knew that I had 3 plants. However I just pulled 2 of those plants bcuz they turned out to be male. Fortunately third is a female confirmed.

I currently have 3, 32w CFLs, 2 of which are white and 1 is yellow. I was planning on getting more lights tomorrow but found the male balls just in time. My question is that will the current 3 lights be enough to grow a single plant, ive put them 1.5 to 2 inches away from the plant from 3 sides and aimed the fan at the plant from the 1 open side. I also have a small seedling growing alongside in a small separate pot and germinating other seeds too.

My grow setup is not that of a grow box or closet but instead they are growing in one corner of my room. I use cardboard and aluminum foil to cover them from the top and side leaving just a bit open for the fan to blow.

Any help would be much appreciated, my first grow is dedicated to all the helpful people on here..

Thanks for the input buddy. If I may ask,how much light do i need for the germinating-seedling stage, like for the first 2 weeks

1 23W or 100W equivalent CFL is enough for that. Just hang it straight above the plant and only a few inches away.

For veg i would think 6-23w cfls should suffice and i use 8-23w CFLs for flowering but i also cram more then one plant into my flowering box. I micro grow so it works lol

Thanks for the input fanleaf.

Lexort, im using 32w CFLs so I think 4 for veg and 6 for flower if I go according to your setup. One thing I did not understand is what is a microgrow ? And how do you cram more plants in the same area, I'm using a clay pot and kept the three CFLs 1-1.5 inch away from the sides , so how can I cram another plant there.

I purposely restrict root space by growing in 2-liter soda bottles i LST the crap out of them to keep them low. What I meant by i cram more plants into my flowering box is only that you said you had 1 plant and you were looking for how much lighting you would need for that one plant, last grow i had 3 plants flowering under 8-23w CFLs. I believe that when it comes to growing with CFL lights it is best to keep the plants low and small to get better use out of the cfls due to their lack of penetration. I don't feel its efficient to grow big trees with cfls as it would require lots of side lighting and then you would always be readjusting them to ensure the plant is recieving adequate lighting and to me that is just a pain in my ass lol. That's just my opinion though.

Photo00482.jpg

Here's a photo to give you a idea of how i grow

Those are some beauties lexort. Ive kept the plants under 12/12 since they were 2 weeks old. The males turned to 1 feet tall in 5 weeks in total and started growing a fuckload of balls, so I moved them to the other side of my house bcuz I didn't have the heart to kill the two strongest plants I had. The female is about an inch or two shorter than the males and just started showing amazing white strands where the male balls were. I have heard about LSTing them but am afraid to try since I have only 1 female. The friend who gave me the seeds said it was indica strain , a mix between satori and C99, haven't heard of either strains ever.so no idea how tall they will grow I wish there was a chance to make them short and Hella bushy which will allow Me to use the lights better, just like you said, and get me a helluva harvest.

I dont have a scale but my last harvest i did the math and i figure i got 2-2.5oz total of the three plants i had. I figured it like this a eighth lasts me 3-4 days and my plants produced enough to keep me smoking for 2 months every day all day. Im currently working on getting a perpetual grow going. Depending on a few things you might be able to clone your plant but you would need a second chamber ya kno one for veg one for flower the veg chamber can double as a clone chamber too. If you are in flowering you could do one of three things either flip back to veg and wait a couple weeks then take clones or if you are early enough in flowering just take a couple clones put them in their own box and wait for it to root and make it a mother plant since you know its female or last but not least reveg your girl after harvest and once she starts growing good again take clones. As far as keeping them short and bushy lst and topping/fimming are the way to go but you could get away with just lst for that. Like I said tho im unsure how far into flowering you are and lst and topping are best in veg however i lst til they stop stretching in flower. Plenty of options in the world of cannabis lol take it easy

In Pakistan, we usually smoke Hash which is dirt cheap $50 to 75 for 50 gram, growing weed as a delicacy here bcuz if you want to buy quality bud here it'll cost you 1000-1500$ USD. Hoping to get Atleast an ounce to last me 2 months.

I thought about taking clones, but no branch is big or leafy enough for me to take a clone, plus I am Fuck scared of damaging the mother and the clone/s. LSTing is the same bcuz I'm afraid of permanent damage to the plant. Even I am unsure how long has it been under flowering bcuz I've just grown it from seedling under 12/12.

Most importantly, I've heard if you just harvest the buds and leave the fan leaves, bigger leaves and the plant intact, the plant starts the cycle again and will give you bud again. Is that true. If so what is the proper procedure, id just love growing this strong baby. Had no hope for her due to extremely slow growth and just growing 1 huge leaf and staying that way for about 1 week,but she fought and made her place

Basically what I did to reveg was put the plant back on a 24/0 lighting schedule and i left all the bottom growth even a few popcorn buds because they were before flowering growth tips technically o and i started it back on veg nutrients. Now I know that technically you are supposed cut the plant so that only the bottom growth is there but i didn't because I was only revegging so I could clone it and once my clones rooted i tossed the original cause it was in pretty rough shape. If i was you I would Google search "cannabis how to rejuvenate after harvest" and read up on how to do it and maybe watch some YouTube videos cause its a little confusing at first but its pretty simple when you wrap your head around it. I don't do the best at explaining it.

Back
Top Bottom