Proper Grow Journal: Soma's NYCD

doobiedoo

Fellow travelers,

I have decided to start a proper grow journal from seedling to harvest for Soma's New York City Diesel. Following are particulars about the grow:

Temperature Average (Day): 80 Deg. F
Temperature Average (Night): Unknown
Relative Humidity: 22%
Light Schedule: 18/6
Type of Light: Metal Halide 400w
Type of Medium: Soil (mixture of Fox Farm's Ocean and Forest with Fox Farm's Light Warrior)
Air Intake: Water cooler, A/C-heat vent
Air Outtake: Carbon Filter/Can-Fan
Vegetating Nutrients: Soil Only
Flowering Nutrients: Advanced Nutrients Organic Line (Iguana Bloom as Base)

Pictures of seedlings uploaded and will be posted upon approval.

Cheers! :bongrip:

EDIT: Pics!

Seedling #1 Day 5
nycd1_12-29-07.JPG

Seedling #2 Day 5
nycd2_12-29-07.JPG

Ripmax, I have these two, yes. I also have three more seeds of the same strain germinating. They are in the adjacent container. I have also decided to try my hand at cloning for the first time. I am tired of growing from seed to harvest every time! I am looking into a humidity dome and Olivia's Rooting Solution. Ever heard of it? I've read good things about that product.

Medical Marijuana, glad to hear you will be joining me again! I have great respect for your growing skills, and I look forward to learning more from you along the way. Growing is such a great hobby!

I also have Greenhouse's Neville's Haze and some Columbian Red Haze seeds from the dopeseeds.com breeder. Anybody try growing these?

Hello, mates!

This is an update for day 26 of vegetating. All three seedlings are coming on slowly. I would have expected heights of at least 6 inches in this time period. What could be the culprit? I have not been feeding any nutrients as I am growing in FFOF soil.

Seedling A:
d3.JPG

Seedling B:
b7.JPG

Seedlings B and C:
cd.JPG

Seedling C:
a7.JPG

Cheers,
Doob :bongrip:

Howdy, Boss! I have not measured the pH of the soil medium, but I make sure that my waterings are at 6.4ish pH. I may hit them with a veg nute soon. What do you think?

You should water in whats called a wet/dry cycle. After you water, do not water again till the soil an inch below the surface is almost dry. Then water till you get some drainage out the bottom.

I would dilute the nutes as suggested, but only use a cup of the mix around the plants, then let the soil almost dry and do the whole watering with the mixure.

Hello there, Berry!

Yes, patience is definitely the key. After letting my seedlings go through a proper wet/dry cycle, I gave them a moderate dose of organic fertilizer (Iguana Juice - Grow). They have grown so much faster over the past week compared to the past month of growing.

Pics will be up either tonight or tomorrow!

Hey Guys, I had a similar problem with my first grow and decided to add a humidifier as my humidity was about 30%. Once I got humidity up around 65% I noticed that my plant was growing better. Berrydizzle, Boss, I have seen you two quite a bit on this site and respect both of your opinions, do you think his humidity at 22% is way too low?

Also, Doobie, did you ever have the seedlings under a humidity dome? I have found that my seedlings do better if for the first two weeks or so I use a humidity dome.

Back
Top Bottom