Proper Indoor Heater

... I need one, the one I have is undersized and can't be run on an atmospheric controller because it has it's own humidistat. (spelled wrong)
So peeps, the question is, what heaters are you guys using and why you like it... I need one to outfit a room that is 20x12x10.6... Just one that will supplement the heat during lights out!

Help me out here... babies need shoes... LOL :thumb:

I use a cheap shop heater with a low/high setting and an adjustable knob. No environmental controller used. I simply monitor my hygrometers and leave the heater at the position that's results in the desired temp range. I just have to be sure to toggle the dial when the lights come on. Wish I had some better or more technologically sound advice for you, but I can only speak from my experience. I hope this helps some. I never set the dial slightly over half power.

Thank you both for the input... I only need the heater when the lights are off Prarie, just enough to try and keep as stable a temp as possible!

I am pretty much doing the same thing BWC... I do have a CAP4 though, so I am looking for some ideas of what is out there that peeps have used.
I figured there would be various ideas and I'm glad you stopped by to chat... cheers!

Hmm..I might also be looking for a small heater to raise temps when the lights are off. I grow in a cabinet so I didn't know if setting the heater outside the cabinet would be effective enough. I have a sentinel MDT-1 that includes a lights out outlet so I think any heater with it own thermostat will work. I would prefer a radiant heat over a heater that blows as they are usually concider less of a fire risk.
Do you vent your lights out of the room?

i use a $30 ceramic heater with a temp control that i put on a separate timer to come on about an hour after lights off.

Thank you both for the input... I only need the heater when the lights are off Prarie, just enough to try and keep as stable a temp as possible!

I can understand that.

How big of a swing are you seeing? Just my 2 cents, but I would think 20 to 30 degree difference would be fine. And the plants might like a some swing in temps, just not too much.

Prairie

Do you vent your lights out of the room?

I don't have the luxery YET... I do have my ballasts up in the attic, out of the room!

i use a $30 ceramic heater with a temp control that i put on a separate timer to come on about an hour after lights off.

I've looked at a couple of those, hard to find one that works on an atmospheric controller, I know they are out there, just don't see them... LOL

I can understand that.

How big of a swing are you seeing? Just my 2 cents, but I would think 20 to 30 degree difference would be fine. And the plants might like a some swing in temps, just not too much.

Prairie

Usually a swing of about 20-25, that's if it's not too cold outside and I get in there when the lights go out and turn the heater on!
I would rather the temp swing stay in the frame of about a 10 degree swing... I have read that it's best to keep them at as stable a temp as possible to keep them in optimal growth!

Back
Top Bottom