Proper use of technologies

Jackalope

Recently I found out web sites are using facial recondition to identify people in pictures. ( If I wanted to name people in the pics I post I would have.) Some one needs to adapt that program to work with leaf pictures. Millions of photos out there of known problems shown in leaf color. Why not make a program that you can take a picture of a leaf and submit it. Then the program will scan pic process and give you options to consider. Sounds easy to me but I'm not very tech savvy. I don't figure it would be easy. Nothing ever is. If the technology is already out there then it only needs to be adapted to a different use. Millions are being spent now in marijuana research and DNA mapping. Why can't some tech savvy "Stoner" make a really useful program or App for marijuana growing?

Interesting concept. I am sure it would be widely used by the growing community. I had a program that you could take a picture of a tree leaf and it would identify the type of tree so I am sure the technology is there.

Recently I found out web sites are using facial recondition to identify people in pictures. ( If I wanted to name people in the pics I post I would have.) Some one needs to adapt that program to work with leaf pictures. Millions of photos out there of known problems shown in leaf color. Why not make a program that you can take a picture of a leaf and submit it. Then the program will scan pic process and give you options to consider. Sounds easy to me but I'm not very tech savvy. I don't figure it would be easy. Nothing ever is. If the technology is already out there then it only needs to be adapted to a different use. Millions are being spent now in marijuana research and DNA mapping. Why can't some tech savvy "Stoner" make a really useful program or App for marijuana growing?

As I understand it, the software doesn't' work the way you think it does. Computers do not see things how humans do. Facial recognition uses the eyes and surrounding structure of a person for facial recognition (to identify an individual). If you put sunglasses that wrap around on, that software is useless. Because there are only three strains of cannabis, the computer can not use the structure method to decipher what that individual plant is. Plus, many genotypes make different plants (from the same seeds) that look different.

Sorry, there is no "recognition" software I know of that can do as you want. Not yet.

Still, because a plant can have either trait if its a hybrid, that is a failure point of the system.

Thanks Bonsaiweed. Damn the luck. Any Grow apps out there yet?
I don't know of any grow software. Too bad, because it would be a decent thing to have.

Well it won't be me coming up with it LMAO. No computer experience here at all. Time for some stoner tech guy to put away the 20 piece dab set for awhile and write some software. Probably make a million or two for something like that.

Well it won't be me coming up with it LMAO. No computer experience here at all. Time for some stoner tech guy to put away the 20 piece dab set for awhile and write some software. Probably make a million or two for something like that.

I'll look into it..... I'm not a programmer, but I know of a few people. I'll have to be careful though. Not sure if any are stoners.

There is an app for arborists that helps identify species. Mark my words there will be one or already is made for cannabis just not out yet.

It would be crazy amount of work to try and tackle. Would take everyone having DNA make up sent to lab and pics. Then mutations. Someone or some business will make a crappy one I bet that isn’t so helpful. Have to trust the breeder when buying generitics.

Back
Top Bottom