Proper way to decarboxylize

Thanx once again Motoco
I have one last question
I checked my wife's supplier and their website shows they have a high CBD cannabis available.
It is 6.1 THC & 11.9 CDB
From what I read the THC cooks off in the Decarb, and you want the CBD for the medical benefits. Should I have her order some if this high CBD bud to make our concentrate?

Your welcome,

Yes, get the high CBD strain, the stats are very good. Don't know where you read about THC cooks off in the decarb, not so unless who put that out there did their decarb around 290 degrees. I finish my decarb off at 250 degrees and with high end bud I'm getting around 92% THC or higher. Get your info from the oil making tutorial and the dosing tutorial. Basic tutorials that make a great med and how to use it. I take a high end sativa dominant strain harvested at peak THC, then take the high cbd strain and mix together in the mixing container before the quick wash and that is my daytime med. 1oz of high THC to 1/2 oz of high cbd. Doesn't get better than that for anything that is of health concern from cancer to pain to auto immune issues and many many other things. Taken correctly no euphoria and your health gets better day by day. One last mention, as close to pure Indica you can get for sleep. Best package and health regimen available, bar none.

Thanx once again Motoco
I have one last question
I checked my wife's supplier and their website shows they have a high CBD cannabis available.
It is 6.1 THC & 11.9 CDB
From what I read the THC cooks off in the Decarb, and you want the CBD for the medical benefits. Should I have her order some if this high CBD bud to make our concentrate?

Awesome, I will have her order some of the high CBD, and mix 1/2 oz of it with a 1/2 oz of her high THC stuff (22-24% THC) and make it with that for my initial ounce test run.
Motoco, I can't thank you enough for all your help & patience.

Your welcome. Getting your strains correct at the start for your meds is key. You will have an awesome med! Glad to help a brother out anytime. Just a tip on cbd strains; only way you can tell if its not tested for cbd% is when you make the oil, no pain its a go, if not its old or not grown correctly. I learned the hard way and got 2oz. that was under the lights for a few months at a dispensary. It was old and when argued the concentrate didn't do nothing for pain their comeback was it doesn't make you high when you smoke it :). Last time I got old cbd. Bet you can't wait for your meds you got described:high-five:

Awesome, I will have her order some of the high CBD, and mix 1/2 oz of it with a 1/3 oz of her high THC stuff (22-24% THC) and make it with that for my initial ounce test run.
Motoco, I can't thank you enough for all your help & patience.

I have everything I need to make my wife her concentrate. I ordered a Salton ID1293 induction cooktop from Amazon and waiting for delivery, and on Tuesday my wife will order 45 grams of high THC & 45 grams of high CBD, and I plan on making 3 batches, if the first goes well.

Rethink the Salton asap. My friend got me one to help make his oil for parkinson's. It has pre-set tempts and the one I got didn't work properly. Even took it apart and tried to adjust the rheostat (that was the issue). For that price range the closest thing I would get is the Nuwave because it adjust in 10 degree increments. Amazon has those also. The reviews are mixed, but remember, they sell a boat load of these. As mentioned before a wise choice starting out would be the cuisinart fondue maker as it cooks and decarbs also. Your call brother. If you got good flower you will have good oil, and all will be well. Have a great weekend and enjoy.

I have everything I need to make my wife her concentrate. I ordered a Salton ID1293 induction cooktop from Amazon and waiting for delivery, and on Tuesday my wife will order 45 grams of high THC & 45 grams of high CBD, and I plan on making 3 batches, if the first goes well.

Ok, I cancelled the Salton cooktop. Is this the right fondue maker? CFO-3SSC
You say it cooks & decarbs at the same time, so how do I alter the directions? Do I just cook it right down without double boiling?
This is where I get confused.
Do I still cook it down in the rice cooker
Then transfer to the metal measuring cup
Then use the fondue as the double boiler??

Hi toolman,

Yes that is the correct fondue maker. Instead of using the rice cooker use the fondue maker. When the oil is cooked down pour into the ss measuring cup, carefully take the cup inside and set down on a counter top. Fetch the fondue maker pour some ISO 71%/91% and clean out with some paper towels. Wipe clean with paper towels. Take a few paper towels, wet with water ring out and wipe the inside down. Then take the fondue maker inside, set it up, add about 1/2" of olive oil. Insert ss measuring cup in the middle (if handle is too long bend up if its the thinner ones or trim down the handle to fit if need be using a hacksaw or grinder (do this first before you even start the cook down). Turn the temp to 4. As it heats up check with your thermometer. Normally mine is set right at 4 1/4 on the temp dial. Don't worry if the oil in the pan is over 250 degrees (the temp in the ss cup will be about 10 degrees lower. If it climbs a tad hi back off the temp a little. Then when its completely done moving (normally after 30 minutes) carefully remove it with a hot glove or even clean leather gloves. Use a small funnel when the oil has cooled down and pour back in the olive oil bottle for next time. This is the best way to decarb and the most efficient. The fondue cooker is much more efficient than the rice cooker. However if your familiar with the rice cooker you can use that to cook down and already have your fondue cooker with the oil heated up ready to go. Your decarb could take a little longer than 30 minutes, just remember when it is flat and smooth its done. Hope this helps.

Ok, I'll order the fondue maker and take back the rice cooker. I'mjust a show me, hands on learner, easier for me to grasp than reading. Thank you for your patience

4 1/2. When it gets down to a cup or so control the heat simply by turning it down until it clicks when it cools a tad turn up until it clicks. Cook down to about a 1/2 cup pour and decarb. This is uber safe so no chance of burning. Any alcohol left over will completely burn off on the decarb. The alcohol burns first, then the decarb starts. 30 minutes keeping an eye out every 5-10 minute. Time is a guideline, when its done moving remove the cup and set it on some paper napkins to absorb the olive oil on the bottom of the cup. Syringe or store in a container (syringe preferably to keep track of the amount pulled and used). Almost there!
Your getting a great start with the correct tools. I enjoy helping people who ask questions especially when making quality meds. Your doing it correctly. I won't be able to check the forums until tomorrow evening. Have a great evening.

ps I'm the same type of learner, now I have to write about it, lolol. Saves time and money so others do not have to make mistakes by trail and error. Rice cookers vary in so many ways and no one seems to like the on/off switch. The fondue cookers heat control make it shine in its price class. Don't be fooled by the small size, if making a larger batch wait till it cooks down halfway and add more from you catchers that hold filtered carrier. So the more catchers you have that have been filtered the more you can make at one time. My favorite apparatus is the fondue cooker.

Just thought of something, what do I set the fondue temp to when I'm boiling down the wash.

I think you'll nail it and have a great product.

I think I have a good comprehension of what to do. Will try it next week when her "delivery" arrives

The wash is done, it is now in the cuisinart starting the cook down. I did a one ounce wash of high THC (Purple Mazar) then a one ounce wash of high CBD (Blue Mammoth). Hope these strains will produce some good medication.

Sweet! Just make sure when 'tacking' do very small dots, 3-4, take your time and get it all on your gums avoiding teeth. Once this is done, wait 15 minutes, then apply a half grain of rice, again, getting as much as possible on the gums. Why the 15 minute wait? This insures no euphoric as the small tacks done properly go to your CB1 receptors. Then when taking the half grain of rice even if there is a boo boo (swallowing) it will be controlled by what is already in your CB1 receptors. Don't feel anything after the first dose? Awesome, your doing it correctly. Once seated completely in your system (3-5 days) you start feeling better and better. Any issues, don't hesitate and post your problems. Nice job toolman!

Finished! Hopefully it will bring her some much needed relief. She will start a tacking regimen.

Starting out a 1/2 grain of rice broken down into 2-3 'tacks'. Have her take her time on each tack pressing firmly on her gum per dosing instructions. Hold for 15-20 seconds, slowly rock the index finger, when it feels sticky remove the finger, look where the oil has moved and reapply in a location right next to the first one. Keep doing this until its all tacked. It will get much easier, just getting started is the most important. Done correctly her pain should start dissipating in short order with no euphoria. If euphoria does happen a couple of hours later, simply 'tack' a couple of small dots again properly and she will start coming down.
Mornings are the ideal time to start a dosing regimen. Half grain of rice in the a.m. and a half grain of rice after lunch. Always dose after eating and brushing teeth. Try to keep the oil off the teeth. Hydrate, eat snacks in between meals. After a couple of days we will see if it needs to be boosted or stay the same.

Ok, how many time a day should she apply the 1/2 grain tack?

Back
Top Bottom