Properly use an LED with both veg & bloom switches

Well I'm growing gorilla glue, blue dream and mku in a 4 by 8 by 8. I have 8 plants in there and it's getting kinda crowded so next time it will only be 4 plants. But all My plants are doing great with only the veg light! I mean My plants are 7 weeks old and 23" tall. I won't be using the full spectrum until they go into bud,Which I started 24 hours ago. They will have total darkness for 12 more hours! 36 hours of darkness altogether. They all looked Great when I closed up the tent and I'll know more tomorrow!

I have a 300w full spectrum LED grow light that has switches for both bloom and veg but I think I may be using it wrong. I'm in week 3 of flower and I've been running only the bloom switch which has just red and orange lights. My concern is that perhaps this isn't enough though? Should I be running the light with BOTH switches on? Is it bad for the light if I run both switches?
It is wrong. More light more buds. Your only using half power. Flip both them switches on for full power!

IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. IM NOT SURE WHICH SWITCH MODE TO USE. I READ UP ON IT AND LEARNED BOTH SWITCHES ARE TO BE USED. SO YES. RUN BOTH VEG AND BLOOM SWITCHES. IN THE LAST COUPLE WEEKS OF FLOWER FLIP ONLY THE BLOOM SWITCH ON. JUST READ ON IT A LITTLE OR THE BEST THING TO DO IS CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER. GOOD LUCK!
Both switches on for bud. You want the most power possible for buds.

It's 300 watts with both switches. Why would you want to knock it down to 150 watt for budding. Those switches are only to save you money on vegging. When you start budding put as many watts on them as possible

28-32 inches until they sprout. Then keep the distance the same for at least another week.
I keep mine about 2 feet off the top at all times. Full power for flower. I have a separate veg area.

IMG_20201212_123708024_HDR.jpg

I
I grow with both on. It makes no difference if you are afraid of going into bloom to quick. That won’t happen until you reduce the amount of time you have lights on, you add right nutrients. Best thing I can tell anyone be patient. Don’t try to switch to bloom to quick. Let those plants grow. Right now I am growing more super skunk. I grow about 12 plants at a time and keep a rotation where every 30 days I am harvesting. This takes two spaces, one for veg, one to bloom. My harvest avg is right at 20 oz per plant. This takes about 11-12 weeks. Then dry and cure so a total of about 120 days before they are ready for consumption. You ask why super skunk and not latest greatest? Well I know everyone likes it. I have it down to a science of how to make it grow indoors. If you want to know more on the formula and how exactly and what I use I am happy to share the plan. Just ask me.
I’d like to know more. How you set up your rotation. Are you using cuttings ? Or clones ? How are you doing it ?
I have a fairly good light, tent will set up in a few weeks. Just now in a box with foil. Think had lights too close. Fat leaves with no stretch. 4”. Just moved to 7”. To see if I get a stretch. Veg and bloom on.
Happy for tips and pointers to get good yields.

I

I’d like to know more. How you set up your rotation. Are you using cuttings ? Or clones ? How are you doing it ?
I have a fairly good light, tent will set up in a few weeks. Just now in a box with foil. Think had lights too close. Fat leaves with no stretch. 4”. Just moved to 7”. To see if I get a stretch. Veg and bloom on.
Happy for tips and pointers to get good yields.
Hi @Holla4me , Unfortunately this thread died last year, you might be lucky and get an answer, but I would suggest searching around a bit more. You could have look and ask a question here Frequently Asked Questions

Welcome to 420 magazine though, pop over to the introduction page Introduce Yourself and say a quick hello and list what answers you are looking for, you will soon be inundated with help and guidance.
If you are still stuck, give me a "holla" using @Paul Squiggle I will see what I can do to guide you to the right answers

Take care
Speak soon
Paul

I just planted my seeds in the soil and I want to know how far should I place my Platinum LED light from the plant and also how much how often should I water them
If your LED lamp has a switch for VEG and a switch for BLOOM, you can put them as close as 6 inches away in VEG. The closer I put my lights the bushier my plants seem to get...much bushier than outside grown plants. Practice is about all you can do, live and learn. Don't fret when things go wrong, and things will go wrong. As they say, you're not a knowledgeable gardener until you've killed a thousand plants. There's truth in that statement.

Everything depends on what type of led design, optics, efficiency, ppe, ppfd, Spd (spectrum), ect... you're using. Environment is key. But what is "Full Spectrum"? Pretty sure it's not "Full Spectrum". Many burple manufacturers call their light Full Spectrum as do many white manufacturers of led so called grow lights. Be careful what you believe because neither is full spectrum. It actually takes the right ratios & combination of both to produce a full spectrum light & even then, thats only in the visible frequencies,not anything similar to the Electromagnetic spectrum of the sun.
A combination of whites & properly tuned monochromatic diodes allows one a Horticultural spectrum that is broad, yet targeted from 365nm-780/800nm ideally.
Veg+Bloom mode on burples are usually best always being used together as one is typically blue & the other red. Alone both are lacking but together they will work better. Just dim or raise your light for veg to wipe the hight that you use in flower. If burple, a few white led flood lights around it (K-Temp depending on existing spd) will help dramatically.
Old thread but still applies to several using budget lights.

If your LED lamp has a switch for VEG and a switch for BLOOM, you can put them as close as 6 inches away in VEG. The closer I put my lights the bushier my plants seem to get...much bushier than outside grown plants. Practice is about all you can do, live and learn. Don't fret when things go wrong, and things will go wrong. As they say, you're not a knowledgeable gardener until you've killed a thousand plants. There's truth in that statement.
Everything depends on what type of led design, optics, efficiency, ppe, ppfd, Spd (spectrum), ect... you're using. Environment is key. But what is "Full Spectrum"? Pretty sure it's not "Full Spectrum". Many burple manufacturers call their light Full Spectrum as do many white manufacturers of led so called grow lights. Be careful what you believe because neither is full spectrum. It actually takes the right ratios & combination of both to produce a full spectrum light & even then, thats only in the visible frequencies,not anything similar to the Electromagnetic spectrum of the sun.
A combination of whites & properly tuned monochromatic diodes allows one a Horticultural spectrum that is broad, yet targeted from 365nm-780/800nm ideally.
Veg+Bloom mode on burples are usually best always being used together as one is typically blue & the other red. Alone both are lacking but together they will work better. Just dim or raise your light for veg to wipe the hight that you use in flower. If burple, a few white led flood lights around it (K-Temp depending on existing spd) will help dramatically.
Old thread but still applies to several using budget lights.
Sorry my braddahs but this is one old thread, always be sure for check dates on thread postings. I'm sure the OP figured it out by now.

What about when coming into bloom though what light do I use

if you're running one of those old dual switch lights, then just run the thing full up. most run them full up through both veg and flower, and change height to control intensity. no matter how you approach it, always run both in flower when you switch to 12 / 12.

IMG_108745.jpg

Hey,
I am a newbie with LED's but, when I put mine on full spectrum my seedlings perked up and went nuts!. After 6 weeks they are 12" high and nice and thick. Indica. This is the O.G. Kush 2 weeks into flowering, both Veg and Bloom on. After talking to quite a few people about the slower growth for me with only the VEG switch on....they said that was more of a power consumption issue and they all used full spectrum during the entire life of the plant. They just change the dark and light times. I have had great success with both switches on for the entire cycle. I also have two 250 watt CFL side fills. 6500K for Veg and 2700K for flowering. Those seem to help as well. Get the hammered texture mylar. Reflects light better. But they all love the LED light. Listened to some guy on tube who said to put the LED as close as possible and got light burn my first time. With LED's it doesn't show up right away. It is a fine line between extra yield and light burn. So, I just give my ladies room to grow. Don't forget Fox Farms, cloth grow bags, and grow stone gnat nix if you're using soil.
you use fox at veg. state

Back
Top Bottom