Proposed NJ grow law workable?

jaymay

The proposed New Jersey MMJ law that just passed out of committee this week limits a patient who wants to grow their own to:
a) no more than six plants
and
b) no more than one ounce of "usable marijuana" at any given time
NJ: Corzine Says He Would Sign Medical Marijuana Legislation

I would really like to 100% comply with the law if it passes,but I can't figure out if it's do-able. Assuming one of the 6 plants would be a mother, that leaves 5 plants to work with- and they're probably counting a cutting in soil as a plant.

I use about 3/4gram to a gram a day, so just about an ounce per month.Considering growcycle times,with only 5 plants to work with wouldn't I need to grow them large enough to yield at least 2-3 oz. at harvest to have a steady supply until the next harvest? Which means I would be exceeding the 1 ounce limit. As it is, I've worked out a continuous grow system that would keep me within the 1 ounce of "usable material" limit, but uses a total of about 18 plants to maintain it(double that if you count rooting/rooted cuttings in cellpaks)

Essentially what I'm getting at is to me the 6 plant limit and 1 ounce limit seem mutually exclusive, and will make the law impossible to comply with. I think they're basing the 6 plants on the Oregon law, which I understand is six flowering plants, which I can see as do-able.

The State Senator sponsoring the legislation is going to be interviwed on a radio show tonight and take call-in questions. I'm really considering calling in about these growing provisions.

Any input would be appreciated, or if you can 'talk me down' with a way these rules could work even better.

Store anything over an ounce of bud off site somewhere if possible :)

Personally I like the new Dutch law that limits you to 5 plants but does not impose any "dried product" limitations. If I read that correctly. You could have 1 plant ready for harvest every 2 - 3 weeks or so If you cycled them that way.

One you would need to do is have a veg room where you keep a mother and clones and move them one by one into a flowering room. If you move one plant into the flowering room each month, then another after a month, you'll be harvesting one plant each month from which you should easily be able to pull 1 ounces off of. This is a perpetual harvest system with no more than 2 plants in flower at any time and 1 harvest every month. This seems like it may be your best option. Is there any verbage allowing MMJ patients the option to allow another MMJ patient to grow their medicine for them as in California law???

Me and one of my dudes that grow have been talking about a system like this where he keeps a mother plant and some clones at his place under like a 400w MH and once we're ready to flower, transporting them in rubbermaid containers to my grow room to flower under a 600w all the while he takes more clones and vegges them til they're ready to flower....

Back
Top Bottom