Prozone

Boss

I just picked up 2 of these that mom had laying around at her house. I have had them running a day and a half, I have to say, I am amazed :)

Here are the specs I found:
Picture_0049.jpg

Upgrade the air quality in your room with this simple, compact and self-contained Prozone Air Purifier. Just plug your Prozone purifier in and let it clear the air in your bedroom, office, kitchen or other room. And, since it's as easy to clean as it is to operate, this purifier is the hassle-free way to make a noticeable difference in the air you breathe.

Prozone Air Purifier Features:

Removes odors - smoke, urine, dust, pet odors, pollen, dander and allergens
Helps destroy mold, bacteria, fungus, spores and pollen
Helps purify the air
Has scientific technology to remove odors
Advanced oxidation to clean the air
Brings the same process mother nature uses to purify the air
Covers up to 800 sq. ft.
Self-contained unit with no filters or plates to change
Measures approx. 6"L x 3-3/4"W x 6-1/2"H
Model #PZ6

All I have to say is, I smell nothing but Ozone.. it is incredible.

Anyone else have one?

be verry careful with those ozone generators they can be very dangerous to your health they recommend that you have a window open when running. they do wonders with the smell though.

my recommendation is to turn it off any time that you go down in to your room and switch back on when you leave

just thought id give u some info on it.... my brother is a doctor and has seen a few ppl come in to the ER with respiratory problems, in all cases there were ozone generators being used in houses.

From Wikpedia-

Ozone

Physical properties

Ozone is a pale-blue poisonous gas with a sharp, irritating odor. Most people can detect about 0.01 ppm in air. Exposure to 0.1 to 1 ppm produces headaches, burning eyes, and irritation to the respiratory passages.[3]

At -112 °C, it forms a dark blue liquid. At temperatures below -193 °C, it forms a violet-black solid.[4]

[edit] Structure
The structure of ozone, according to experimental evidence from microwave spectroscopy, is bent, with C2v symmetry (similar to the water molecule), O – O distance of 127.2 pm and O – O – O angle of 116.78°.[5] The central atom forms an sp² hybridization with one lone pair. Ozone is a polar molecule with a dipole moment of 0.5337 D.[6] The bonding is single bond on one side and double bond on the other side, and these bonds are blended to become known as resonance structures. The bond order is 1.5 for each side.

[edit] Chemistry
Ozone is a powerful oxidizing agent, far better than dioxygen. It is also unstable at high concentrations, decaying to ordinary diatomic oxygen (in about half an hour in atmospheric conditions[7]):

2 O3 → 3 O2.
This reaction proceeds more rapidly with increasing temperature and decreasing pressure. Deflagration of ozone can be triggered by a spark, and can occur in ozone concentrations of 10 wt% or higher. Ozone will oxidize metals (except gold, platinum, and iridium) to oxides of the metals in their highest oxidation state:

2 Cu2+(aq) + 2 H3O+(aq) + O3(g) → 2 Cu3+(aq) + 3 H2O(l) + O2(g)
Ozone also increases the oxidation number of oxides:

NO + O3 → NO2 + O2
The above reaction is accompanied by chemiluminescence. The NO2 can be further oxidized:

NO2 + O3 → NO3 + O2
The NO3 formed can react with NO2 to form N2O5:

NO2 + NO3 → N2O5
Ozone reacts with carbon to form carbon dioxide, even at room temperature:

C + 2 O3 → CO2 + 2 O2
Ozone does not react with ammonium salts but it reacts with ammonia to form ammonium nitrate:

2 NH3 + 4 O3 → NH4NO3 + 4 O2 + H2O
Ozone reacts with sulfides to make sulfates:

PbS + 4 O3 → PbSO4 + 4 O2
Sulfuric acid can be produced from ozone, starting either from elemental sulfur or from sulfur dioxide:

S + H2O + O3 → H2SO4
3 SO2 + 3 H2O + O3 → 3 H2SO4
All three atoms of ozone may also react, as in the reaction with tin(II) chloride and hydrochloric acidand NaCl along with Ammonium Nitrate:

3 SnCl2 + 6 HCl + O3 → 3 SnCl4 + 3 H2O
In the gas phase, ozone reacts with hydrogen sulfide to form sulfur dioxide:

H2S + O3 → SO2 + H2O
In an aqueous solution, however, two competing simultaneous reactions occur, one to produce elemental sulfur, and one to produce sulfuric acid:

H2S + O3 → S + O2 + H2O
3 H2S + 4 O3 → 3 H2SO4
Iodine perchlorate can be made by treating iodine dissolved in cold anhydrous perchloric acid with ozone:

I2 + 6 HClO4 + O3 → 2 I(ClO4)3 + 3 H2O
Solid nitryl perchllorate can be made from NO2, ClO2, and O3 gases:

2 NO2 + 2 ClO2 + 2 O3 → 2 NO2ClO4 + O2
Ozone can be used for combustion reactions and combusting gases in ozone provides higher temperatures than combusting in dioxygen (O2). Following is a reaction for the combustion of carbon subnitride which can also cause lower temperatures:

3 C4N2 + 4 O3 → 12 CO + 3 N2
Ozone can react at cryogenic temperatures. At 77 K (-196 °C), atomic hydrogen reacts with liquid ozone to form a hydrogen superoxide radical, which dimerizes:[8]

H + O3 → HO2 + O
2 HO2 → H2O4
Ozonides can be formed, which contain the ozonide anion, O3-. These compounds are explosive and must be stored at cryogenic temperatures. Ozonides for all the alkali metals are known. KO3, RbO3, and CsO3 can be prepared from their respective superoxides:

KO2 + O3 → KO3 + O2
Although KO3 can be formed as above, it can also be formed from potassium hydroxide and ozone:[9]

2 KOH + 5 O3 → 2 KO3 + 5 O2 + H2O
NaO3 and LiO3 must be prepared by action of CsO3 in liquid NH3 on an ion exchange resin containing Na+ or Li+ ions:[10]

CsO3 + Na+ → Cs+ + NaO3
Treatment with ozone of calcium dissolved in ammonia leads to ammonium ozonide and not calcium ozonide:[11]

3 Ca + 10 NH3 + 6 O3 → Ca•6NH3 + Ca(OH)2 + Ca(NO3)2 + 2 NH4O3 + 2 O2 + H2
Ozone can be used to remove manganese from the water, forming a precipitate which can be filtered:

2 Mn2+ + 2 O3 + 4 H2O → 2 MnO(OH)2 (s) + 2 O2 + 4 H+
Ozone will also turn cyanides to the one thousand times less toxic cyanates:

CN- + O3 → CNO- + O2
Finally, ozone will also completely decompose urea:[12]

Ozone generators shouldn't be used in the actual room where one is growing. It can affect the smell and taste of the bud itself as well as be harmful to people. To use a ozone generator properly for growing purposes one should have the ozone generator in a seperate area like a attic or crawl space or even a box. The air needing to be treated should be pumped into the space and then treated and exhausted. All can be controlled with timers. Bare in mind that ozone treated air is just as noticeable to LEO as pot smelling air so constant treatment and exhaust will produce a constant ozone smell. What's the purpose to scrub away pot smell only to replace it with another noticeable smell? Carbon filters are best and leave nothing to notice when there done cleaning the air. Ozone is also not good for rubber products like some hoses and air tubing. It decays it at a rapid rate.

I just did some more research on these and on all Ozone machines, and I see where the caution comes from.

Industrial machines that create Ozone are designed to "Sterilize" the area it's in through oxidation by creating "Ozone". It kills or chemically alters biological odors, bacteria and chemicals.

In general, even the larger industrial ozone makers that are designed to "Shock" clean the areas they are in, cannot produce enough Ozone to harm anything or anyone unless left in a poorly ventilated room for weeks.

These units can produce side effects like coughing, sore throat and headache if you are exposed to too much for too long.

In general, ozone machines are recommended for "Shock Treatments" short burst of ozone that eliminate an odor, then shut down. For the smaller machines, sure as the "Prozone" they can (and have to be) left on longer then larger machines to achieve the same results.

These tiny ozone machines are not capable of producing the 20 ppm required to cause side effects, unless the room is closed off and you used more then one machine for more then a week in a single room. They produce .01% of the required ozone to produce problems. Even the large industrials only put out 40% of the required amounts to cause problems.

Even though this is what the EPA and Ozone machine makers say about it, I recommend using these machines for short "Shock burts" in the home, near an intake vent, for not more than 2 hours at a time. This will give you the desired effect, without having to worry about harming anything or anyone.

Do not use in the same room as your garden, it will have a negative effect on the plants.

As for curing, I have no idea if there is an effect on buds during hanging, but I will know in a week or so. I have a whole plant hanging in an ozone room, waiting to be bagged then jarred. So we will see if the actual bud flavor or potency is effected.

If you ozone correctly, there will be little or no "Ozone" smell in the house. It will smell like steril air. If the concentration is too high, you will smell the strange odor of ozone.

Interesting. Very interesting. Any detail about the negative effects? They seem to be a generally good idea. Racefans circulation idea sounds interesting, also.

I'm nearing the end of my 4th grow. every time I use an enaly ozone gen I got on ebay. I have a stealth grow in a cab in my closet and have no way to vent air outside. I use the ozone gen in the same room as the plants, but the plants do just fine. the gen has 9 settings so it runs 30 sec and off for 4.5 min. on 1 and continues up till it runs full time on setting 9. the plants are big, dense, and covered in trichs. they smell great when I chop them down, but after I dry them they smell like hay. I don't know if it was the way I dried them, too fast, or the ozone gen.

Boss,
did you notice an affect on drying them in a room with ozone? either way I really don't have a choice. If I use a carbon scrubber it would have to be outside of the cab and then I loose the stealth. the weed is some of the best I ever smoked, but it smells like hay or musty. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I worked at a water bottling plant where the water is filtered with ozone and got ozone poisoning 2x. Not pleasant. Somewhat afeared of it now.

Great reasearch information posted here by our staff> if you have got ill twice as you say from where you work, than caution is in the wind> But having your buds smell like Hay, then maybe remove the Ozone Gen for one time crop if you can and see what happens> I did not see how you are drying your herb above, please eloaborate on yopur procedure.

workED workED... no more work for me :)
Anyone tried a 'passive' ozone effect ie: put the machine in the room/attic where you vent to instead of in the room with your plants?

There seems to be a lot of the stuff that smells like dry grass going about.. i wonder if it is true hmmmm

Just got to say i have been reading your grow report frm the start and have got here a couple of hours later and Wow. ! nice grow! and as others have said before, nice photo's!
Some of them had me reachin for my shades, they were that crystalizzzed lol
Anyway, im off to finish reading the last bit of your journal.. cant wait to see how it all looked dried :)
Nuf Respect Mate

:peace:

oh and if u could maybe check my journal out i would really appreciate any advice :)

all the best

I have heard too much ozone can effect your plants. As well as be bad for health.

They are supposed to be great for getting rid of smell. I'm much to paranoid to use them myself (also, cheap)... If I found them free though, heck I would find a good safe use for them! Hopefully carbon filters will be enough for me..

It's great when you post or make threads. Then I have the opportunity to "like a boss". ;)
Man, my brother has that stupid song stuck in my head!

Back
Top Bottom