Pruned for more light

onestickz

1447361199554.jpg
1447279081439.jpg
1447361242973.jpg
Sup 420

At work today I saw on youtube, a guy cleaning his girls up so that they can get more light to some of the lower sights. I read a lot about pruning while in the flowering stage, and most say not to, but people still do and have great success.
So I started snapping leaves off to get some light to the lower buds. I hope this doesn't hurt my yield.
If anybody has any info on this, please let me know.

Another thing you could do is, NOT remove the growth and wait until harvest time. When you're harvesting the plant, just cut off the top area down to where the smaller buds are located. Then after you've harvested the bigger bud, just let the lower half continue to grow for a few more weeks then harvest the rest of the plant.

Ive actually done it both ways and I haven't really seen anything that different with the final yields of either. But just as others have stated, don't go wild cutting off a lot of growth though. For your next grow, maybe do a little more cutting away growth during the end of the veg cycle. I've done that as well and have had good results as well. Good luck with whatever you do, take care.

I plan on doing this but not to an extreme.
the pics tho!.
what beauties I wanna rool arround in there like a cat on catnip!

i havent had much luck with this. last time i tried pruning my ladies i ended up with some hermies. i don't know, it could have been caused by a different issue i was having but i just don't see the point in it. you can get ladies like this from super cropping, and aren't you just making them work harder at replacing all those big fan leaves instead of putting all her energy into dense fat buds?

i havent had much luck with this. last time i tried pruning my ladies i ended up with some hermies. i don't know, it could have been caused by a different issue i was having but i just don't see the point in it. you can get ladies like this from super cropping, and aren't you just making them work harder at replacing all those big fan leaves instead of putting all her energy into dense fat buds?
I think that's what happened to me, but can't be to sure. Found a little over 40 seeds in my WW during the curing process.

from what I've read. it really depends as to what degree you do this. it can be overdone and cause hermies. the trick is to not shock them by doing it all at one time and don't completely strip them naked. just slowly a little every day remove 1 to 2 fan leafs that are blocking other bud sites. this can be overdone really easy! don't remove it if it's not covering bud sites.

Back
Top Bottom