Pruning and Topping Question?

I want to start pruning and topping my 2 week veg plant but dont know where to start. I want to pull clones from this plant so Im not sure if I should wait until I start cutting for clones. Im following the FloraNova schedule and it says turn to 12/12 on week 4. I know you shouldnt take clones are top when its put into flower. So should I veg longer than 3 weeks or should I start topping/pruning/cloning now? Its so short I dont know If I should start now

IMG_0108_1_.JPG
IMG_0109_1_1.JPG
IMG_0110_1_.JPG

I think youre supposed to wait till after the 4th node for clones, but someone can correct me if Im wrong.

agreed with waiting till the 4rth node. but it looks like you are there, dont think she is ready to take a clone yet.
but if you want pinch the top with new groth off and she will give you 2 new tops.
after she gets a bit bigger you will see enough groth for a clone.
you need to have a stem with more stems growing out of it for a clone.

Thanks, Shes on her 6th node. I doesnt seem like it cause shes short, this the shortest one ive ever grown. What about pruning? Or should I wait also? Shes very bushy.

I wouldnt pune her yet let her get some size on her pruning now will just slow groth.

I wouldnt pune her yet let her get some size on her pruning now will just slow groth.

Wouldnt that be the same as topping? If I top her will it slow her growth? I planned on F.I.M. so that she can grow 4 tops or should I just start her off with two?

tHIS THE TOP OF THE PLANT. Is this some type of deficiency? The orange color on the new leaves?
IMG_0118_1_1.JPG
IMG_0119_1_1.JPG

Wouldnt that be the same as topping? If I top her will it slow her growth? I planned on F.I.M. so that she can grow 4 tops or should I just start her off with two?

I know this sounds strange but yes you are right about slowing growth by toppin and pruneing but by topping you encourage new groth with less stress if you prune you are just giving stress with little chance of new groth. I know this sounds silly as exsposing light to the inside of the plant will help. but you would do better tucking the leaves under the area that you want to exspose. still helping to feed her while she grows.
now if you let her get taller and choose to lollipop her she will be more productive. its kind of hard for me to explain so its just what I would do.
as far as wanting 4 colas or more, after you Fim her the first time let that new tops grow then repeat by topping the 2 new sites and so on till you are ready to flower.
I wait to do any serious pruning till day 21 and day 45 of flower.
and if nothing else try one plant one way and do another some other way till you see what is best for you.
good luck bro

Yeah I would wait until it's at least one foot tall or more.

Depending how many clones you want, you'll definitely be going past week 4. What type of soil is that in?

I just topped it today, so i dont know if it will get to 1ft? Its coco coir/organic soil. I just did my homework on some new soil i want, "master pride", or " Dr. Earth" since its rich in bat guano and other things. Ive been adding magnesium and calcium to the feed sice i know coco and organic lacks those

Back
Top Bottom