Pruning in flower cycle?

mistergreen

hi folks, im needing a few questions answered here with pruning in fcycle, any info is greatly appreciated.
im talking about the lower branches that havnt produced signs of significant budding and are receiving restricted light.

can u prune in f cycle?
if so how far into the cycle can you prune?
and will it slow or harm growth at this stage?

another query is about the leaves i dont like the idea of removing them unless they are dead but i have read about people removing a lot of them to get better light penetration to the buds on the plant and improve air flow.

if you can remove leaves for this purpose how much would you remove percentage wise?
and how far into the f cycle would you do this?

any help is greatly appreciated guys

Re: pruning in f cycle??

Its never a good idea to go hacking off healthy leaves. All your doing is hacking off a little energy plant, thats how I look at leaves lol. If there is something wrong with the leave then I would take it off if its more then 50% damaged. Pruning slows chlorophyll production, stresses the plant, and stunts its growth.

You should NOT!!!! prune up to a month before inducing flowering. Pruning diffuses floral hormones, and flowering becomes retarded. If heavily pruned shortly before flowering, harvest is usually delayed by a week or longer. It takes a month or longer for hormones to build up to pre-pruning concentrations. I have seen some people remove larger fan leaves a few weeks to harvest, just to help with the trimming.

Pruning spindly branches and growth is a good thing though. It helps concentrate the auxins in upper branches and will force growth upwards.
Sorry for the long answer lol.

Its never a good idea to go hacking off healthy leaves. All your doing is hacking off a little energy plant, thats how I look at leaves lol. If there is something wrong with the leave then I would take it off if its more then 50% damaged. Pruning slows chlorophyll production, stresses the plant, and stunts its growth.

You should NOT!!!! prune up to a month before inducing flowering. Pruning diffuses floral hormones, and flowering becomes retarded. If heavily pruned shortly before flowering, harvest is usually delayed by a week or longer. It takes a month or longer for hormones to build up to pre-pruning concentrations. I have seen some people remove larger fan leaves a few weeks to harvest, just to help with the trimming.

Pruning spindly branches and growth is a good thing though. It helps concentrate the auxins in upper branches and will force growth upwards.
Sorry for the long answer lol.

what he said......

Hay so im new to the site and growing.
So if i take off the lower small branches that are not getting any light it wouldnt be a problem? Im 3 weeks going into 4th in flowering

I heavy defoliate in week 2 of flower lolly popping them, the reason why i at the 2 week mark after flipping my plants are nearly done stretching so makes it alot clearer where my canopy will be, hope this helps you.

If I find any failed buds and poorly-developed branches low or to the insides of the plants, I trim these off and process their puny buds and leaves into cooking herbs.

They DO have trics, just not very many, but judicial pruning on ANY plant will increase the crop, as the energy isn't wasted on non-productive branches.

I've done this right up through middle flower, esp if I see shaded leaves and minibuds drying on the vine, so to speak.

BTW, I have also taken some good clones from down low, while on flower, with at least 6 nodes and some green on them. It does take them time to switch back to veg, but there's no hurry, is there? ;-)

One caveat, tho, don't overdo it. As was said above, every healthy leaf feeds the buds. You can tuck the fan leaves out fo the way if they are shading buds, or, if you have no other choice, you can trim a few of them out.

Back
Top Bottom