Pruning in veg or flower?

Fredthesmoker

I got this clone of Critical+ 2, and im interested to hear about you fellow growers, if you have tried pruning your veggin' plants like this, or maybe you can link me a grow journal doing this?

The method is like looking for 8-10 tops, and lettin only these toos grow, and removing anything else. I might pruning them once a week.

My current flower tent are having a lot of covered flowers, even though i have tried to remove the bottom and top fan leaves.
- So i wonder if its results in bigger yield by saving only these 8-10 tops, get a more homogene product?

My favourite technique is scroggin like you see on my pictures. So maybe i should get five instead of only four plants in a 4×4 tent?

Screenshot_20210824-004114_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210824-004109_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210824-004106_Gallery.jpg

This is my first grow so don't take me for a seasoned vet but I decided to do a rigorous high stress training exactly like what you are asking. Once my plants got a certain size I cropped the top, and pulled the main trunk down and then trained the rest of the branches in a spiral to allow light to hit all branches. I pruned branches until I had about 10 good colas then left them to grow accordingly. Every few days I adjusted them so they all have equal spacing and get good light and did leaf pulling to clean up the under canopy and allow bud sites to get light. So far it's going well. I'm growing photo period plants outdoors in pots. I'm in week 5 of flower and all colas are about 8" to 12" tall and still stretching a bit. I like how it's going compared to my neighbour down the road who has left his plant to grow as they want and think I'll get almost as much yield as his without the training, and probably better quality. The buds are super thick and very tightly spaced.

I may not know what most of the people on this forum do but what I have done is looking really good so far. I learned this of course here from the wealth of knowledge of growers that have been very willing to help.

Nice to hear someone got the same OCD symptoms like i do. Love the idea that its cleaned up in the canopy, since i hate those fluffy buds underneath, and the trichomes will never be ready, i think ??. Im usually takin off a lot of leaves both in veg and flower. Mostly strips them off. But it seems like even though a lot of bud sites are not gettin lights..

Do you have pictures of your fine job ? :)

I see many uses schwazzin like a deep defoliation, by removing all leaves in flower. Im talking about only keep the 8-10 tops through all vegetative fase.

Making the stretching period to be the decider of how long the colas should be, and maybe remove some fan leaves when i hit day 21 after flip..

Back
Top Bottom