Pruning pruning all the time?

Camer41

I pruned back a ton of foliage on week 2 flower. Now it seems like it’s bushy just like before. I’ve read tons of threads I’m just looking for some advice. Should I just leave these as they are or clear out more leaves ? This is week 4. Any help would be great
35CEFFF7-44DE-4BA4-9EBB-AA9D9265C9EB.jpeg
DCBEAE92-2017-48E2-AB8C-03E0A4310309.jpeg
F3C8D5F8-524F-4DD9-B610-5A5F23C083D7.jpeg
4A33BA2F-1C02-4337-BFE4-AC45193BE2B9.jpeg

I pruned back a ton of foliage on week 2 flower. Now it seems like it’s bushy just like before.

Funny how that works, people chop healthy leaves off of their cannabis plants, and the plants grow new ones...

...for a reason :rolleyes: .

You've got two plants there. Rip all the leaves off of one and don't remove any from the other. See which one produces the most bud, lol.

Funny how that works, people chop healthy leaves off of their cannabis plants, and the plants grow new ones...

...for a reason :rolleyes: .
Thanks for the help just like the other comment you made. If we were all experts like you seem to think you are, then why do these forums exist? I’m sure youve never defoliated before ? Your comments are the reasons people have stopped using 420mag. Seems like you just proved that point to me.

I’m sure youve never defoliated before ?

For no reason? I'm sure, too.

wait.... you dont like dumps now... that wasnt in your original post.

At first, I thought it was some clown posting a thread about raping their plant immediately after another clown posted a thread about the same thing, in the same section of the forum, and answered the one about .00005% more harshly than I probably should have out of frustration at someone being too lazy to read the thread at the top of the section they were getting ready to post in.

Then I saw that both threads were posted by the same person. (I don't know if that makes it better or worse, lol.) I failed to consider that you might be new - both to this forum and to Internet forums in general - and, possibly incorrectly believing that this is some kind of live chat venue and that you should have received an instant reply to your thread... assumed that something had gone wrong with the first one and, therefore, posted the same thing again three minutes later.

So, yeah, if you've only been a member here for a day or two, or even a week, then I apologize for being somewhat lacking in tolerance for stuff like that today.

Man...y’all are mean! As a new Grower I’ve watched thousands of hours of advice. Read everything. The overwhelming opinion is to defoliate. To send the energy to buds. If you don’t agree with this approach, why not kindly state why? Belittling someone doesn’t work. Shaming anyone for what they believe is simply wrong. Everyone was kind on my question. I felt great about this forum until I read this thread. Dude...I’m sorry you got attacked. Your plants are beautiful....

I don't defoliate, but a lot of folks do...It's a personal choice each grower makes.
Nothing to really argue about- ya do or ya don't- they're your plants- grow em how you want.

Well some strains are more leafy than others it is a simple fact & that a little defoliate may well help.

Killer Kush it is OG related strain slight trim before pic.

Same strain a couple weeks early on.

That is what you call a high flower to low leaf ratio which is partly related to how much leaf in your actual flower you have but that particular strain was not leafy at all so no defol was need.

Man...y’all are mean! As a new Grower I’ve watched thousands of hours of advice. Read everything. The overwhelming opinion is to defoliate. To send the energy to buds. If you don’t agree with this approach, why not kindly state why? Belittling someone doesn’t work. Shaming anyone for what they believe is simply wrong. Everyone was kind on my question. I felt great about this forum until I read this thread. Dude...I’m sorry you got attacked. Your plants are beautiful....
That's kinda like saying all 330 million Merikans are all dunderheaded doofuses just because their idiot president is.
While that statement may not be too far off I wouldn't condemn the whole site/country for the whims of a few.

Everyone has a pet peeve, I think defoliation might be TS's

For me personally I see no need to strip bare, I only lollipop just a tiny bit close to the ground and defoliate as few fan leaves as needed to get a little airflow.
The real secret to getting light to the buds is LST.

I pruned back a ton of foliage on week 2 flower. Now it seems like it’s bushy just like before. I’ve read tons of threads I’m just looking for some advice. Should I just leave these as they are or clear out more leaves ? This is week 4. Any help would be great
35CEFFF7-44DE-4BA4-9EBB-AA9D9265C9EB.jpeg
DCBEAE92-2017-48E2-AB8C-03E0A4310309.jpeg
F3C8D5F8-524F-4DD9-B610-5A5F23C083D7.jpeg
4A33BA2F-1C02-4337-BFE4-AC45193BE2B9.jpeg
great looking plants consider this when pruning/defoliation : if you removing leaves the spot you are pruning for has to be at least 2 x's the size of the leaf/s you are pruning or defoliating"

Back
Top Bottom