Pruning

maui454

My plants are getting extremely bushy, I can't even see the stalk anymore. Is there any benefit in pruning? Like the lower shit that doesn't get light? I've been trying to keep them short but they keep getting bigger. They're only in 5 gallon smart pots too.

Attachments

• 20180805_203123.jpg
    20180805_203123.jpg
    818 KB · Views: 73
  • 20180805_203040.jpg
    20180805_203040.jpg
    965.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 20180805_203015.jpg
    20180805_203015.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
I would say they look good. You can clean up the inside but don't go crazy. Everybody I know is in 1st or 2nd week of flower. Its too late imo to do any high stress pruning.
They look good and healthy

Hi Maui, I am a heavy defoliator in the tent but this year I'm in the yard and are picking leaves that are blocking sun to the new growth that will become bud sites. Just a hand full a day. It's my first time outside and my hydro store guy is coaching me this way. He said not to take too many but to keep some space inside the plant. Different girls have different needs. Good Luck

Depends on what your undergrowth is like...if it is crowded and a lot of bud sites are shaded, you can trim them out. I don't see any pre-flowering in those photos (if in flower leave it alone).

We did some light pruning this year to the lower/shaded leaves. Next year we plan to prune a tad more than we did this year. We didn't notice any harm to the plants due to pruning.

Excellent looking plants!

If you're anywhere where mildew or rot might be a prob. between now and harvest, it's a very good idea to prune leaves to improve air flow.

If you wish you can save the leaves & make oil that will get ya buzzed.

Nice work on those lovely plants.

Back
Top Bottom