Pstarsr - 2016 - 3rd Round LED Cabinet Grow

Start of week 4, she's thirsty everyday now. Stretch seems to have halted somewhat. The canopy seems flat, only small tweaks to LST strings.

Included an overall for size. It's only half the box, this time I tried alittle gentle persuasion. And it seems to have helped a lot. The stretch went horizontal, rather than vertical. Might mean I can LST, and veg another week, then switch and probably not outgrow the box.

She is now getting fragrent, it's not skunks but smells "fresh" not like cut grass, just fresh slightly citrus.

Scored some mature soul assassin seeds from a bag I got while waiting on my grow. So next grow I will know the genetics!

image16576.jpeg
image16577.jpeg
image16578.jpeg
image16579.jpeg

You have those LED's closer than I would have imagined safe.

What is the minimum distance recommended on those Quazar LED's?
(Hopefully mine will be here soon.)

Well when yours arrives I'd like to know if you find any info on minimum height. I too thought I would have gotten a recommended height, but litterally I got two cardboard boxes that said quazar. And only had lights in them, no instructions nothing. The description kind of hints at veg/ bloom switch, this has none of that.

So I started thinking about the watts, this is ~80 watts. The led, my king 1000 said it needed a minimum of 24", they also Use the same instruction set for other lower watt models, so they had a chart stating that 300watt version only needed to be 10-12". Now 80watts........ 5-6" ( my estimation ) seems reasonable to me.

I dropped em and watched carefully for any sign of light burn, I never got any. I treated the LEDs like CFL. Keeping them hovering around 6-8" above. They are slightly higher than the CFL, where I measure my height from. So add an inch maybe.

I wish it had instructions that gave par values at distances so we could make sure it's in the sweet spot.

I watched a video of a guy growing a tomato plant with a full spectrum, vs a red/blue spectrum 50watt on boards chip LED light. Basically the quazar. It was a two part thing, part 1 he talks about the two spectrums. Part 2 shows it working.
White LED vs Red/Blue LED Grow light Grow Test - Part 2 (The Grow Results!) - YouTube

He hovered them about the same distance as me, and the plants grew fine.

I'm glad you said something, because I kinda felt like I was doing something wrong with lowering the LEDs this close. But the plant doesn't seem to be saying that

Just took her out and fondled her a bit. Tucked some leaves, checked if I wanted to prune. So I snapped a few in "natural" light.

Last photo is something I have meant to mention. The led strip light. I can't really tell if it's helping or not. Don't think it's hurting. The picture shows what happens only when a leaf rests/pressed into the walls of the cab. It has to be literally right on top. It makes these kinda cool circles, sadly it's burning the plant to do it. But I guess that's too close for those LEDs haha

image16626.jpeg
image16627.jpeg
image16628.jpeg

Yea I dug around Dealzer, saw that it "didn't need to be moved " comment also. Which is why I kinda wondered. I got mine on Amazon, but Dealzer was the seller. It's had slightly different description on Amazon, like the veg bloom switch I think. But couldn't find par numbers, or any light intensity at distance charts.

And while I was digging for intel on the Quasar, I went ahead and ordered a second one, now that I know it will fit, and not cook my plants.

If it gets cold in there as fall sets in here in my yurt, I'll hang my MarsHydro-Mars300 inside. I know that will warm things up in there!

It won't ever cook them by means of radiant heat let off from the electronics even with two.

Hahah yea that would defiantly warm it up, what's the recommended height on the mars? I'm interested in trying one out soon, maybe couple grows down the road.

what's the recommended height on the mars?

I never bother to look it up myself, but the word I got from my bud who gave it to me was "Mars Hydro recommended 12"-18"", so I've got plenty of headroom for it with these stubby Afghan Auto Fems that are in there now....

Got a notice in the post box that my package (with the first Quasar) is awaiting pick-up at the local post office.

Yea yea yeah go get it.......

when I was trying to put the king led in the cabinet I did some measuring. Because of the hanging brackets on the led we have to leave a bit for that, airflow would be stagnant if it was above the exhaust fan. So I measured

hydro box lid to top of the box was 26", that's the leftover after you out the tub in.
max up still probably dips down 6-7" for hangers etc. 20" left, once it starts to grown upwards it's over.

Plants would have to be 6-8" tall at harvest, unless I'm measuring wrong. Always needing 12-18" makes it almost impossible in the box

My last hydro,plant grew to 5.5" after 2.5 weeks veg. Grew to 25" tall with CFL, and CFL within 6" almost all the time

Yea yea yeah go get it.......
Always needing 12-18" makes it almost impossible in the box

That is why I was thinking about modifying the box and cutting a hole in the top to set my Mars-300 on top of.
It would buy me almost an additional foot of safety margin, and not overwhelming the stock cabinet fan.

My last hydro,plant grew to 5.5" after 2.5 weeks veg. Grew to 25" tall with CFL, and CFL within 6" almost all the time

In my opinion, this cabinet definately lends itself nicely to discreet personal-use production utilizing Auto's, Low-Riders, and LST/SOG. It definately has it's limitations, but for an out of the box, plug and play system, it fits the niche nicely.

Plants would have to be 6-8" tall at harvest, unless I'm measuring wrong. Always needing 12-18" makes it almost impossible in the box

You motivated me to do some measuring from the very top of the box down to my current canopy level, and if I install my "Sunroof", I have room for the colas to grow another foot. I believe cutting a hole in the top is a viable option with the 12-18" safety zone of the Mars-300, at least with my current crop of LST'd Auto's, and I'm doing it!

Great grow! Did you just lst or did you top also? Can't wait to see what the harvest will be. Maybe not a lot but definitely looks to be great fresh quality! To me that is the most important part. Not the financial gain but to really push the plant to produce the best harvest. Great work and sorry to get on board late in the game but all in on this one!!

Great grow! Did you just lst or did you top also? Can't wait to see what the harvest will be. Maybe not a lot but definitely looks to be great fresh quality! To me that is the most important part. Not the financial gain but to really push the plant to produce the best harvest. Great work and sorry to get on board late in the game but all in on this one!!

I topped, yea this grow is going really well thanks, the harvest already looks way better than my last two attempts that's for sure. And it's looking healthy. I'm trying to grow enough for me, and the size of the box makes it a challenge for vertical growth. I'm just trying to find what works. Your not late, I've been mostly talking to myself. Haha

Oh and I still got 3 weeks on flower left! I was counting, 8 healthy flower sites or colas, 1 or 2 smaller ones.

Everything looks good! I think the sunroof for you Mars sounds like a easy modification to your box that would really step things up. Give you something to look forward to on your next grow.

While trying to sleuth out some specs on the Dealzer Quasar, I found these whic look suspiciously farmiliar, but at half the Dealzer "sale" price!

61Ho3zssdQL_SL1000_.jpg

Whoa, yea the quazar comes with a sticker over the ip65. Bet it's all the same

Everything looks good! I think the sunroof for you Mars sounds like a easy modification to your box that would really step things up. Give you something to look forward to on your next grow.

That was PTSd, idea for a sunroof. Which he has done on his grow journal. We are not the same person

Back
Top Bottom