Pterostychus: The Never Ending Story, Now Jack Herer

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

I am proud to introduce my next grow.

It will be my first journal here but it is my fourth grow.
The star of this show is going to be a Purple Kush Auto Feminised, it is a freebie seed I got with my Blue Dream Auto by Humboldt seeds order, since I order from a retailer website (one that offers many known brands along side their discounter housebrand) the free seeds they offer are their housebrands but they get good reviews and you get to pick what strain you'll get ...

Before we go to more practical information I would like to explain how I chose this particular strain.
My goal is to get a 120g yield of 1 plant, my goal for this plant is going to be equal or more as my last Blue Dream Auto which yielded 85g or 3oz in 95 days seed to harvest.
I achieved that in normal gardencenter preferted potting soil with Plagron Alga Series nutrients (100% bio).
Now i hear you think why not grow same strain well ...easy... i dont have 95 days :p
So i picked purple kush for it being faster ... i hope ... heh...

beside this if i had the time i would have done the same strain but it is what it is.

Anyway for this grow i will change my approach to keep pushing the yield up ... thats why I ran to the growshop today and got me some nice hi grade coco substrate and coco A+B nutrients from Plagron.
I will treat this cocos grow as a hydro grow as in i will feed everyday at least once till runoff ... allthough this is new for me i am convinced it will push my yield in the right direction...

more technical details will be given when they present themselves throughout the grow for now enjoy these pictures of day zero :
IMG_018857.JPG
IMG_018758.JPG
IMG_018648.JPG

Hope to meet many new people and also some people i am already acquainted with...

laters

PT

re: Pterostychus' Purple Kush Auto - 270W LED & 110W CFL - Coco Grow Journal

Subscribe?
I'm growing purple kush feminized but not auto, i'll what you are going to do !
120gr is a big yield goal :)

dont get me wrong I'll be happy with anything on this strain as I never grew this strain before, but ... if i can get 85g from a bluedream auto in soil and bio nutes ... coco will push the size and vigor of the plant upwards so ... better aim high ...
My progress curve was 8g first grow, 23g for next and then last was 85g ...

btw here some pics of the substrate and nutrients:
IMG_018957.JPG
IMG_019062.JPG

peace

Pt

I plan to plant it directly in a 15L round pot as soon as the bean cracks and shows it taproot ... i wont alow it to grow to long as capillary hairs on taproots will start to grow in the papertowel and that might cause unnecessary stress from the early beginning hehe ...
I want to see how the cocos and the hydro feed regiment affects size and vigor

If anyone wants to chip in with experience with this particular strain or just has some general tips please do not hesitate.
You guys will form my hive mind.

anyway ... anyone has experience with purple kush auto ? I wonder how hard it will smell :p

Pt

Well, I subbed, but I gotta tell ya I'm feeling a little neutered over here. I got like 150 grams off my whole 5 plant harvest and you're getting 80 something off one?! Good job :p

Never heard of the soil or nutes you're using.

Well, I subbed, but I gotta tell ya I'm feeling a little neutered over here. I got like 150 grams off my whole 5 plant harvest and you're getting 80 something off one?! Good job :p

Never heard of the soil or nutes you're using.

Alot has to do with genetics i guess... i made mistakes and still get 85g ... genetics...!

Pt

Hey there. How exciting. I would love To see how these nutes work. I am just finishing up two auto Purple Kushes myself that are current in a 72 Hour dark phase getting ready to do a bud wash and hang to dry. These autos took over 11 weeks. I hope I can follow along to see how yours go. Good luck!
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom