Pukingpanda's First Grow - Soil - Black Jerry 2014

Re: Pukingpanda's First Grow - Soi l - Black Jerry 2014

for late flower staking take a 4 ft rod/pole get it secure to the pot then use string to tie around 14 inches down and tie to the pole you have to center it and each one will try and pull it away so they will counter balance themselves.you can use a cut up tee shirt to go where the string attaches to the stem so you dont cut into it. so use as padding.i had to tie mine up to my ceiling. Peace and love all.

Got them tied up used earth wire it works best for not cutting stems and is pretty cheap. They are all loving life. The scrog is blowing up so I topped the two tallest nodes just the top most cola and we will see how that goes. Excited they are less then a month away!

Got them tied up used earth wire it works best for not cutting stems and is pretty cheap. They are all loving life. The scrog is blowing up so I topped the two tallest nodes just the top most cola and we will see how that goes. Excited they are less then a month away!

ouch bro. 4 weeks to go and you top'ed? ouch it wont grow bac k its in the final run now. 4 weeks means dont mess with her anymore let her do her thing, the only thing to maybe do is watch for fox tailing and nip the tips off if they try and fox tail. never bro i mean never do anything to them at 4 weeks left to go. Ask us please next time. If you are 6 weeks out its still bad. 10-12 weeks from finish is last time you should do any topping. I hope i am coming across good not trying to be a jerk bro.

Just to clarify. It was my scgroded up Tahoe that just got flipped a few weeks ago that I topped. No way I topped my babies that are almost done

oh okay. i misunderstood. I always top 3-5 days before flipping. gives them time to grow the new branches.

Yeah I also super cropped them a little. I am more trying to get the auxins to promote growth in other areas then the two main colas that are shooting up.

ok friends..... Update time

We're about ten weeks from the flip so we have only a couple more weeks to go. The black jerry girls got their second to last feeding today one more in 6 days then flora kleen then water then dark and harvest. The buds are getting nice and fat now with some getting almost a foot long and I have added a lot of supports to just hold them up.
2014-05-27_22_25_57.jpg
2014-05-27_22_25_21.jpg
2014-05-27_22_25_28.jpg
2014-05-27_22_25_49.jpg
2014-05-27_22_25_44.jpg

Here is my scrogged up Tahoe og which is just killing it
2014-05-27_22_25_37.jpg

The Tahoe plant has just now gotten is pistils coming in and already dusty with trics

Here we have a few shots of the veg space which has a few girls going in it

2014-05-27_22_26_12.jpg

The largest pot in the back has the sour D in it. I am thinking it will just go to flower and I am going to start getting my own genetics after harvest of the black jerry.

Up front in the larger tan fabric pots are the last of the unknowns which have been sprayed a few times for mold so hopefully they will let me finally try that unknown strain

2014-05-27_22_26_15.jpg

The smaller tan pots have my 6 tahoe og clones that will be part of the next run also.

So I am torn as to what to add for lights my options are add one more LED panel now and wait and eventually get a forth or add a 600watt or 1000 watt HPS and with that have the whole room nice and bright! I am leaning towards the 1000watt set up with it in the center of the room and having the led panels on the side.

Please let me know what you would do! the draw back to the hps lights is that I will need an extra fan to handle the heat and all that jazz

if you have the room and heat isnt an issue go with a 1000 watt air cooled with led on the sides like you said. if heat is an issue go with 2 400 watt CMH and surround with led. I like the 400 cmh's they hit uva-uvb as long as you dont stick glass under them.

your ladies look great.

I would add LED panels to your grow room as you upgrade your lighting. For LED lights the lower costs of running them and the lower amount of heat that they make just make sense as the most efficient lighting source.

i will heat my place 12 hrs a day this coming winter with the heat from my room. Bonus. so dont knock cmh/hps since heat is heat. My exhaust will run under my house and be vented to a 3 way split. heat rises right. So i can say is in 8 months i can grow with cmh.hps and cut my heat bill by 40-45%. Just a thought all since we have the gear. use it to our advantage. if you live in say cali or such then led all day. us in the frozen part of the world use hps/cmg and work it.

Sorry for the lack of updates I am out of town this week. Expect the next update will be my flushing then harvest time!

Welllllll here's a shot of my black jerry girls all chopped down and hanging to dry. Didn't get to wash these because the plants were just huge over all when they were done. Had a nice vacation and all that but I am ready for these to dry out.
image10996.jpg

The red stick is a ft long ruler hanging from the same bar as the plants for reference. I still have a fair amount of sugar leaves on the plants and I want to let them dry that way then those will go to oil making. Already have some of that drying in a paper bag. I shift the trim leaves in the paper bags to allow air and an even dry. More pics to come after drying

Congrats Panda...

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom