Pukingpanda's First Grow - Soil - Black Jerry 2014

PukingPanda

Hey y'all,
Starting my first legal grow here in colorado.
Hoping to have some big girls in the end and a nicely built flower room which is still to be constructed.

What strain is it?
4 random clones and 4 black jerry(headband mixed with ??) I will find out genetics the black jerry will be my main focus for this journal.
Currently the black jerry has been vegging for a week while the unknowns have been not given enough light until I got them a week ago.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 6 plants in fox farm bush doctor 2 in some random potting soil they came in(probably transplanting into different soil soon)
If soil... What size pot? #7 smart pots
Size of light? One 8 tube 4' designer t-5 and one 2' 2 tube designer t-5
Is it aircooled? Small oscillating fan
Temp? Around 73
Any Pests ? Two dogs
How often are you watering? Every other day or every 3 days right now
Type and strength of ferts used? Using 1/2 tsp per gal flora nova grow solution right now

Currently I'm vegging in a spare closet we have and things are looking great so far I think! Using designer t-5 lights to veg then moving up to some hids. I'm thinking about also trying to feed from the bottom with my smart pots. Has anyone done this before? I'm going to let these girls veg for a while as I am slowly piecing my flower room together. I will be also journaling the building of my flower room. Right now, I am planning on it being 8'x8' and going to start with 2-4 600 watt hps air cooled lights for the flower. All hand framed and that good stuff. This is my first grow so I'm hoping all will pan out :thanks:
Thanks for looking and if I can improve my journal please just let me know how!:Namaste:

Re: Pukingpanda first time grow soil- black jerry 2014

image8223.jpg

image8222.jpg

Some shots of the whole garden sorry for the little lens cover it's my iPad case.

The four in the white pan are the black jerry girls. Thanks again for looking!

Re: Pukingpanda's First Grow - Soi l - Black Jerry 2014

Does anyone have any recommendations for air cooled hoods for some 600 watt lights? I have gone into complete overload with the options.

i would love to see some one flower under a MH there supposed to produce a much more potent product due to the small amount of uvb emited from the metal halide but only if you remove the glass from your air cooled hood uvb does not travel through glass due to its short wave length every one does the same thing be diffrent and if your going for yield use hps but if your going for quality use mh or add some uvb with reptile bulbs not much of a answer on what air cooled hood but just some good food for thought

I'm leaning towards the LEDs just for the cost... I've got a buddy doing mh and he isn't as happy as he was with the hps. He is going to try a couple more strains next time around that he thinks will do better.

Really I'm just jealous of your pannel haha thinking of starting with two of those 1200 watts for these 8 and running half my room then after harvest invest in two more.

that would be sick two 1200s and very possible to grab a few more if you get a good harvest and i think you will if you use the mars II and dont cut corners

Your set up has me inspired haha. What do you think about supplemental cfl or t-5 lights? I've seen it done in the past. Have you seen any info on yields off those 1200 watts? I've looked around but can't find much. Thanks for your comments and ideas.

i have no idea on yield yet but i will in about 45 days it sucks i looked for solid info about yield on the 1200w mars and didnt come up with much alot of people are using the 400w or 700w i never came across any one documenting a 1200w grow so i guess we just gota be patient it will be dry for 4-20-14 and thats the shit

Those look great! I thought about going with four of the 700 or 900s but I'm thinking of just doing the two 1200s and seeing how it works out. Really looking to keep the whole room under a grand without any co2 and not needing a huge inline fan with the LEDs and the ducting will save a good chunk of that. What is the footprint for your 1200?

thanks for stopping by. Your girls look great I'm interested in watching how much the autoflower turns out. I think its an interesting concept I would like to see how big someone can make an auto flowering plant... seen any crazy yields off some? The billion dollar plant will be the 2lb autoflower but i guess thats just an outdoor crop
:tokin: highdeas for 200 bucks please!

Copped some close up shots of all the girls. Sadly two of them aren't doing so hot. The little one was pretty bad off when I got her and she is finally starting to grow again. Also if someone can tell me how to rotate these pictures I would gladly do so looks like all my pics are gonna d this. I tried rotating then re-saving the jpg and it didn't work. Anyways lock your orientations or turn your computers on their sides and enjoy!

unknown_1_3:3.JPG

Unknown_shitty_kitty_4_3:3.JPG

This was the girl that was neglected

Unknown_3_3:3.JPG

Above: Unknown strains- Really love how the two good ones are bushing up.

Below: Black Jerry- finally really back to noticable growing since the transplant about a week ago. Got a little over zealous with the water at one point which I think caused the little tip burn. The smart pots drain really well though.

Black_jerry_2_3:3.JPG

Black_Jerry_4.JPG

Black_Jerry_1_3:3.JPG

Trying a little Low Stress Training (LST) for this one so I can keep the T-5 sitting all level.

Black_Jerry_3_3:3.JPG

as far as my oter plant that is not doing very well I for some reason cant get the photo of it to upload so I will try again later. I think it has nute lock from the crappy soil it was given to me in. its about 10-12" tall and has light green droopy leaves and a very purple stem I think it was also overwatered before I got it and still hasn't recovered. Im hoping to get a Ph meter tomorrow or wednesday to more properly diagnose her. I'm thinking if its the Ph I will flush the soil in it then transfer to better dirt.

I'm still looking for more info on bottom feeding in smart pots. Do I need a nylon wick? I would think the pots themselves work as a wick. I have the four Black Jerry girls sitting in one tub so I could flood that with 2-3 gallons of water. It is a washing machine basin so it has some raises in the bottom and the pots don't 100% sit on the ground but they do suck run off up pretty quickly. I'm thinking salt build up would be my biggest problem.

Decided that I would train all of the girls to the sides and get them to bush out more. One got a little damaged in a small split in part of the stem. Tied her back together and she should be stronger for it! Didn't look like it even got to the inner tissue of the plant.

Talked with Sara Hu at TopLedGrowlight and after that I have to decide to run 2x 900watt Mars II leds for my flower tent. After harvest I will probably add another two and start a more perpetual garden.

Got a few new girls today! 3 Tahoe OG clones from my bros down the street. Got them out of a bubble cloner and the root structures on all three of them are just out of this world.
photo_3297.JPG
photo_1427.JPG
photo_2366.JPG

Heres a few shots of the whole garden including one plant that I was LST'ing and got kinked..... guess its high stress now. I stabilized her with some little bamboo sticks just so she wouldn't hamper the stems uptake.
photo578.JPG

photo_5163.JPG
photo_4238.JPG

My one plant I think is nute locked might get dead if I run out of room for viable plants. It looks like it is coming around though. Any suggestions as to how to fix her? I trained her down really gently and there is some new growth growing again. The leaves are really pretty slowly clawing. I'll have a Ph meter tomorrow to test the soil it is in. Im not 100% sure what kind of dirt its in but it doesn't drain that well I haven't watered it in a few days and the soil is still pretty damp a thumbnails length in.

nute_lock.JPG

Thanks again for looking and any advice is always welcomed!!

Back
Top Bottom