PumasPyjamas' Grow Room: Multiple Strains, Coco, 600W HPS, LST & HST

PumasPyjamas

Hey y'all, this journal will start off as an image dump. This grow has started on 27.03.2020.
I will copy paste the good stuff from my original journal, it's mostly pretty low effort videos.

I'll update this journal as the grow progresses. If there's any questions, feel free to ask!

First off, the setup.

Seeds:
4x Cream of the Crop - Hybrid X
1x Barney's Farm - Gorilla Zkittlez
5x Random bagseeds. Probably three different strains.

The gear:
Tent: 120x120x200cm
Lighting: 600w HPS
Nutes: Advanced Nutrients Grow, Bloom, Micro, Voodoo Juice, Nirvana, Bud Candy
Medium: Atami High Porosity Cocos + Perlite
The pots: 5x 16 litre pots for coco hempys and 5x 16 litre root pouches.

What have I been up to?
The plants got plain water for the first few weeks. Then I started adding 1ml per litre of grow and micro.
Today the dosage is about 2ml of grow and 3ml of micro. I do not get run off as I water the hempys.

The plants got FIMmed at the 8th node or so. Then I fimmed the branches as they got their 4th node or so.
Lots of tying down for Skittles and less for the others. Three out of four Hybrids have been tied into a bow-like shape.
One of the bigger randoms have also been tied to a bow and topped heavily.
Basically what you need to know at this point is that I mix LST, FIM, Defoliation and bending to achieve my results.
We are in the last days of veg right now, and I'll flip the light cycles any day now. I'll just do my last trimmings and then flip.

One of the Hybrids has a mutation on two of her branches. Four leaves instead of two!
6HEWc6f.jpg

Skittles' training working out well.
BQH4dbA.jpg

One of the randoms got a bit too tall, so I tied it down.
yZHcTYW.jpg

Skittles is heavily tied down at this point.
c6qW98A.jpg

Live action footage of me bending Skittles. She doesn't really mind me messing with her.

This is the current situation. This concludes the image dump. Now you are all up to speed!

Hi Pumas,

Plants are looking good, especially the tree trunk! BTW what are those white odd shaped containers?.

Cheers

Thanks! The tree trunk is my favorite as well! Those white containers are the hempys I made out of hardware store trashcans. I punched a lot of holes to the sides in order to make a poormans version of an airpot that directs roots to the bottom reservoir.

Quick video of whats going on. I think all of the Hybrid X's have shown pistils at this point.

Damn, I'm starting to suspect that one of the randoms is a male. Can't be sure yet, just have to wait and see, but it's not looking good right now. Wishing I had a macro lens or something, I just can't get the camera to focus on those tiny things well enough to see whats actually going on.
Q90ncKG.jpg

tJII0XM.jpg

Same spot with flash enabled. Those things look like nuts to me.
A shame if I have to chop this one, because it was one of the strong and big plants. :(
6piEUwE.jpg

Update on the suspicious random: It was a male. Had to chop him down. RIP in pepperoni.

Well, at least now I have more room to move around in. Tbh, it was pretty crowded in there.

Heres some shots of them hairs. You can also see some of the bends in action.

As a bonus:
This is what happens when some branches become too tall. I'm trying my best to keep an even canopy. Some branches get tied towards the middle and some get tied away. Kinda depends on the situation.

Very nice odds. :thumb: I’ve been checking the my mother plant to my clones every lights on since I flipped it a few days ago to find out the sex. I figure I still have 2-5 days before finding out. I’m itching to get the clones transferred to my RDWC or to drop some backup seeds.

Very nice odds. :thumb: I’ve been checking the my mother plant to my clones every lights on since I flipped it a few days ago to find out the sex. I figure I still have 2-5 days before finding out. I’m itching to get the clones transferred to my RDWC or to drop some backup seeds.

Those waiting days feel way longer than they should. Hope it turns out to be a she!

So far two males from the random beans. They've been cut and there's only one random remaining that hasn't shown pistils or nuts. Guess I'll find out in a couple or days or so. The other two randoms are confirmed females.

I made some re-arrangements. One of the root pouch Hybrid X's went from the center into the backline and gave some room to Skittles. I took the two smaller randoms to the front in order to keep an eye on them in case they go hermi.

I also put a basket under Skittles' bucket to lift her up closer to the other plants canopy.

4xF5UDZ.jpg

towWoKt.jpg

C96MQkA.jpg

One of Skittles' many "main branches".
fvIEIOj.jpg

Did a lot of defoliation recently. I also bent one of the randoms and tied down Skittles quite a bit.
Lots of wonderful smells. Skittles reeks the most and is very fruity. The randoms all seem to have a tropical fruit thing going on and the Hybrids smell mostly the same, a very mild citrus + menthol. I'm really looking forward to fermenting these.

Just a quick pic dump.

Just one of the few "weird" things I did to Skittles while training her. I bundled up a few branches, tied em together and FIM'ed them.
B02eHLy.jpg

One of the Hybrids has some mutations going on with her branches. One does three leaves, and one does four. This one is the "triplet". Looks like its gonna pack some decent weight.
lEAXOP7.jpg

This Hybrid definitely packs on more frost than the other ones. Smells really delicious as well!
O46daEt.jpg

One of the randoms. This one has the biggest colas at the moment. Not really surprising considering it has two "main branches" and very little undergrowth. Every day I grow more and more curious on what this strain is. Too bad there's no way of finding out.
GprZbuv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom