Pure CBD to combat Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - CRPS

FeloniousPunk

If she has a medicinal licence she can signup to many of the LP's (licenced producers) provided by health canada.

To name a few:

Tweed
Mettrum
Bedrocan
Canna-Farms

They all sell CBD oils and dry strains a 1:1 ratio is better or close to it... Example: 10% THC with 13% CBD or 8% THC with 12% CBD. I do know for a fact Tweed and Mettrum have Dry strains that are just CBD around 11-12% range.

THC a little is helpful for inflamation and CBD for Pain, but some people like it the other way around.

If she is a first time user i would recommend a Indica Dominant strain its more relaxing not so much the side effects of panic attack, but again everyone is different.. Indica is relaxing no pain where Sativa is more up and up and no pain.

I haven't come across this one yet Felonius, but I can tell you from the start that CBD works best with some THC. It's the THC that modifies the current pain signals as the CBD goes to work on inflammation. Cannabinoids are known neural protectors. It's tragic that a woman in a country that has legalized medicinal cannabis hasn't come into contact with the healing influence of the herb. If euphoria is a concern suppositories, properly administered, can remove this altogether.

I'll do some looking around, see what I can find out. If it were me I'd be looking for a balanced strain, or an oil that was balanced, with another with higher THC levels. You add in the THC to get more pain relief, as you search for the patient's sweet spot, the optimal therapeutic dose. Many people in chronic pain respond favorably to a strain with a 1:1 or 1:2 THC:CBD ratio, but the relief is an individual expression, so more of either component may be needed.

The CBD Critical Cure that I grow comes in between 1:1 and 1:2. Easy to grow, good for chronic pain, anxiety, depression, symptoms of PTSD. I process into infused oils and make capsules.

Me Again,

From Rachael's friends:

Hello, I will ask Rachael and get back to you on the specifics she tried. She did try medical, and can get, but we tried to hard to find 0% THC, a lot of people say its 0% but then we find out there is THC in it - if you can send me to someone that has this in oil, patch of even to smoke that would be amazing!

Any thoughts? Anybody have experience with Hemp oil?

Peace. :peace:

I already posted which ones and the best bet is tweed or mettrum for CBD oils, its only CBD, sure some may have 0.01 THC but thats like a 0.01 % out of 30ml of CBD that will not even affect a baby mouse.. lol

I haven't come across this one yet Felonius, but I can tell you from the start that CBD works best with some THC. It's the THC that modifies the current pain signals as the CBD goes to work on inflammation. Cannabinoids are known neural protectors. It's tragic that a woman in a country that has legalized medicinal cannabis hasn't come into contact with the healing influence of the herb. If euphoria is a concern suppositories, properly administered, can remove this altogether.

I'll do some looking around, see what I can find out. If it were me I'd be looking for a balanced strain, or an oil that was balanced, with another with higher THC levels. You add in the THC to get more pain relief, as you search for the patient's sweet spot, the optimal therapeutic dose. Many people in chronic pain respond favorably to a strain with a 1:1 or 1:2 THC:CBD ratio, but the relief is an individual expression, so more of either component may be needed.

The CBD Critical Cure that I grow comes in between 1:1 and 1:2. Easy to grow, good for chronic pain, anxiety, depression, symptoms of PTSD. I process into infused oils and make capsules.

Hi SweetSue,

Don't get me wrong, while we canucks are blessed with a Supreme Court that actually makes decisions based on rights and principals, not ideology, there is much work to be done.

Mostly the advocacy work for medical cannabis has been done out west (British Columbia) and moved eastward. But the fight has been long and hard. And the old "reefer madness" is very ingrained in our society. And I see it in people who need to explore this medicine but won't because of what they have been told. It is because of these people I reached out to Rachael. I'm hoping the resources contained in 420 can help. Maybe a success here can lead to other successes.

Thanks for all you do...

Me Again,

From Rachael's friends:

Hello, I will ask Rachael and get back to you on the specifics she tried. She did try medical, and can get, but we tried to hard to find 0% THC, a lot of people say its 0% but then we find out there is THC in it - if you can send me to someone that has this in oil, patch of even to smoke that would be amazing!

Any thoughts? Anybody have experience with Hemp oil?

No experience of my own, but I've listened to dispensary owners speak of the limitations of pure CBD from hemp products. Many aren't what they advertise to be, but the most important point is that CBD needs THC and vice-versa to get the maximum benefit from cannabinoids, and you won't find the rich store of terpenes and flavinoids in hemp that you will in cannabis. It's the terpenes that direct the action of the cannabinoids. Choosing a medication without the range of benefit cannabis offers is severely limiting your healing potential IMHO.

A meager amount of THC in proper ratio to the needed CBD won't have a euphoric effect.

The tragedy of the propaganda wars is that the laws instituted to make cannabis illegal were based on lies and maintained on the backs of even more deception and subterfuge, designed to protect the industries of plastic, oil and paper, not at all tied to the dangers of cannabis. There is no danger to cannabis, and this forum proves that being under the influence of cannabis in no way limits the productive potential of the individual enjoying the cannabinoid therapy.

Hi All,

I ran across an article that said you can juice cannabis leaves and the resulting liquid would have CBDs and THCa, not THC. Anybody have experience with this? Using dry bud to make an oil, butter or a tincture should result in the same profile as long as we don't decarb the bud, right?

Here is the article.

The Importance of THC free Cannabis - Cannabis Digest

Rachael appears to be allergic to THC. She did not have this allergy before she got CRPS. Her friend is looking into this and I have volunteered to help with a trial run of leaf juice sans THC.

Hi All,

Last October I froze the fan leaves off our Hash Plants. I stuck them in a smallish plastic container and placed them in the freezer. There is some ice in the container, but these are the best leaves I have right now. Is there any reason they wont be good in a juicer? Any fresh leaves I have are not nearly as healthy as the Hash Plant leaves from last fall. I have never juiced before so I could use some advice.

Hi All,

Last October I froze the fan leaves off our Hash Plants. I stuck them in a smallish plastic container and placed them in the freezer. There is some ice in the container, but these are the best leaves I have right now. Is there any reason they wont be good in a juicer? Any fresh leaves I have are not nearly as healthy as the Hash Plant leaves from last fall. I have never juiced before so I could use some advice.

Absolutely. Freezing simply helps break down the cellular structure. Use them in good health. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Wish I were in a position to help, but I'm simply not. Gawd knows there's others who have helped me in times of great need. Wink. Wink. But my harvest hasn't finished yet and it looks like there won't be much of a harvest from my high CBD low THC plants (Big Bud) anyway, just from my high THC plants (Pineapple Express). I had so many problems with this grow it'll be a miracle if I get anything at all! Come to me at the end of summer and I may be in a better position to help. As long as I don't get busted before then. hahaha. or not a laughing matter.

Either way, if there's still more help needed at the end of summer (say, October) then please contact me again and I'll gladly help out if my summer grow goes well.

Good luck with this, Felonious. Your heart, as alwasy, is in the very right place. You're a good man, and no one should fault you for it.

Thanks Magnus, you are too kind. But this is what we do. This is our community and we are always looking for ways to expand it and share it's resources to those that need it.

Thanks for your support!

Hey Magnus,

While sharing the fan leaves of your grow with Rachael isn't practical, I hope you see that they may be useful to you as a green juice that you would have thrown away. Not sure if it would help with your condition, but you might want to give it a go.

Very interesting read. Wow, Rachel has suffered for long enough. I'm educating myself as I muddle along here, I sure hope you guys can help out. In the future, I do have Royal kush CBD seeds in my possession......I had hoped to start at least one next go around. If anyone needs any seeds, I'd be glad to help. Rachel story hits home as I grew up in Thornhill and may (non directly), know the family. Once again the 420 family kicks ass. ....Sue, Felonius, old bear you guys are all amazing!!!

Hi All,

Unfortunately I have no news. I hope Rachael and friends stop by occasionally to see the level of concern and support. I hope they can give us an update at some point, good bad or indifferent.

Peace and Laughter. :peace: :rofl:

If they do come by, here's the recipe I used this week:

IVe been experimenting with cbd isolate this week.

Sparing the details .... Making my own cbd tincture is a good way to use it.

I mixed 20 ml of extraction oils ( 15 olive 5 LSL) with 200 mg cbd crystals. Simmered in water bath for 15 stirring a few times. Put it in 25 ml dropper bottle. This cost me $20 which compares well with purchased cbd products.

I can add it to anything to change the cbd level. This is a 10to1 mix but it could be higher.

Edit to add: I was always uncertain if hemp extracted cbd was as good as from cannabis strains. Oh yes I can confirm that now. Very pleasant.

Hi All,

I got to speak to Rachael today. She is pretty amazing and we tried to figure out her way forward. She is going to mull over our conversation and get back to me. It is so sad that the THC causes her MORE pain. Hopefully we can find something that works.

Back
Top Bottom