Purpinator reviews?

Purpinator (and Terpinator) don't list their ingredients, other than potassium sulfate,and magnesium sulfate, which are readily available much cheaper. Purpinator is supposed to increase purple color in the leaves/buds (in those strains that have the purple phenotype) and terpines, but that doesn't equate to more THC, just color and perhaps smell. Since they don't list all ingredients (proprietary) there's no way to tell if there is any scientific evidence to say it helps. Anecdotal evidence is the worst, since you often see or smell what you want to (experimentor bias). The reviews I read were mixed, many say it didn't do a thing, a few said it added a lemon smell, some said it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. The problem with many on-line reviews is that they're bogus and people are paid to post them by the company. Overall the concensus was "a definite maybe". 0-0-4 fertilizer. It can't hurt, but is it worth the price?

Purpinator (and Terpinator) don't list their ingredients, other than potassium sulfate,and magnesium sulfate, which are readily available much cheaper. Purpinator is supposed to increase purple color in the leaves/buds (in those strains that have the purple phenotype) and terpines, but that doesn't equate to more THC, just color and perhaps smell. Since they don't list all ingredients (proprietary) there's no way to tell if there is any scientific evidence to say it helps. Anecdotal evidence is the worst, since you often see or smell what you want to (experimentor bias). The reviews I read were mixed, many say it didn't do a thing, a few said it added a lemon smell, some said it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. The problem with many on-line reviews is that they're bogus and people are paid to post them by the company. Overall the concensus was "a definite maybe". 0-0-4 fertilizer. It can't hurt, but is it worth the price?
Damn, see, these are the things people should know! Thanks for your input! Stuff is super pricey, and there's more than one (cheaper) way to trick some plants purple if that's what the goal is. I'm always down to try new things, but like you said is it worth the investment? Even for my little 1/2 plant tent, I'm going with no:D:Namaste:

Overall the concensus was "a definite maybe". 0-0-4 fertilizer. It can't hurt, but is it worth the price?
I know this is an old thread so don't laugh; I'm just following the topic.

Good comment there. If it helps a little bit and gives the grower confidence that something is working then that confidence might be what is working and not just the advertised product.

Back
Top Bottom