Purple Bud, Blueberry and Gelat.OG in coco 2020

DrDankness

Hey guys! Im back growing again from a 5 year hiatus. Very excited, but also nervous! Im mainly running a strain called Purple Bud with 1 Blueberry and 2 Gelat.OG seeds i got for free. Purple Bud is Afghani x (Hindu Kush x Purple Kush) so its genetics sound super solid. Im using Canna nutes and coco. I seem to be having some Calmag issues atm. I use a Hydro Logic RO system for 0 EC water. I hadnt been using calmag but bought some a few days ago and have been using it. Im feeding 3x a day for 2 minutes each and getting about 10 - 20% runoff. I have 2 res's, one for fresh water and one for nutes. I keep the fresh one filled so i can readily transfer it to the nute res since the RO system doesnt fill very fast. I would absolutely LOVE any input from the coco growers here as im having a little trouble with calmag atm. Listed below are more of my specs.

Medium/nutes - Canna Coco Coir in 1 gallon pots, Coco A + B, Rhizotonic, Cannazym, PK13/14, Boost and Botanicare Calmag

Light - Growbright Command Series LED 660w

Ph - 5.9/6.0

EC 1.1-1.3

Temp stays under 80 in room. Humidity is usually 45-50%

Plants have been in 1 gallon pots for 2 weeks now

Attachments

• 0510201123_HDR.jpg
    0510201123_HDR.jpg
    760.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 0510201122.jpg
    0510201122.jpg
    752.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 0510201122_HDR.jpg
    0510201122_HDR.jpg
    706.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 0510201123a (1).jpg
    0510201123a (1).jpg
    888 KB · Views: 64
  • 0510201124a.jpg
    0510201124a.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 69
  • 0510201123.jpg
    0510201123.jpg
    760.2 KB · Views: 64
I just cut them back to my light feeding schedule. They are sitting at like 950-1000ppm now. And i dropped my calmag from 3ml / gal to 2ml gal.

Welp I started just doing 5.7
Sometimes 5.8
Used to be 5.9 a month or so ago,
6.0 before that
6.2 before that.
So I have found for my plant needs
5.7-8 to be great.
5.9 is fine.
6.0-2 acceptable
But I’ve read articles of some medical labs growing 5.5 throughout the grow.
So 5.5-6 Might be fine as well. But I’ve read that you don’t want to drop below 5.5

Interesting. I heard higher PH can help with the uptake of calmag which is good in coco which is why i had it at 6.0. Im gonna try to keep my ph at 5.8 from here on out though.

But I do like it at 5.8 just tried going a lil lower after reading that 5.5 medical grow.
Yes I’ve read that as well.
I just like how 5.8 kinda gives room for your ph to shift up a lil and shift down. Without causing Major problems.

Yeah at my stage of flower I’m finding my ph to drop as they drink water, a couple points per quart, but that can be because the solution becoming more concentrated from less water.
The dwarf plant, especially true, I usually fill her up with plain tap water each day. And ph gets to normal ranges. And ec barely dropping.
Whereas the taller plant is eating up ec and water still. So i have a separate buckeT of nutrient solution already made ec 1260 and add those to the buckets if there ec is to low. If not just plain water.

Yea this is my first time growing in 5 years and only my second time with coco so im still trying to get in a groove. Im sure within a grow or 2 ill have a better handle on it.

I’d like to try coco sometime, I’ve only got a few couple of years of terrible what not to do in soil experience XD
And hydro since October. So I’m still reading about growing a lot combing the net, for bits and pieces of info

I grew soil for like 5 years then switched to coco. The growth rate is insane. And i LOVE the control you have. But damn things can go south fast. But you can fix them fast too. I think coco is a perfect middle ground between soil and full on hydro. It has the benefits of both combined!

Yeah I ordered me some hp promix soil
I guess it’s supposed to be similar to coco in that peat holds no nutrients itself. So it should be fed nute water regularly. What I’m hoping is that the hydro nute and ph feeding transfers over To this medium exceptionally well. Any thoughts on the matter as you now have coco and a bit of hydro experience.

Ive heard of promix. My old job (i worked for a medical weed company at the grow facility) used that some. I ran fox farm for my soil and i run canna coco coir now. Dont know much about the promix. I think its pretty close to coco though.

But is there any difference in nute strength for coco, then hydro in your experience? What I’m trying to ask is if I ran my current ec and ph levels for hydro, and just applied them to coco would it burn the plant?

That i couldnt really tell you. I dont know enough about promix/peat. But the nutes are usually pretty different going from soil to soilless as the medium holds and doesnt hold certain things better/worse. Id just do as much research on it as you can. Wish i could help more

My promix isn’t here yet. And haven’t tried coco yet either. In my train of thinking I thought I might try coco first, because it’s a soil/hydro as previously stated, and wanted more control of nutes and ph in a grow. But then if I wanted that then I might as well just jump to straight hydro first and learn how pure hydro systems worked first then step down to coco with a clearer understanding of how nutes and ph Affect plant health overall. So that I’d be better able to read the plants health based on color and other signs like clawing discoloration and what not.

Back
Top Bottom