Purple Buds

The Mad Toker

My outdoor plants turn purple or red. How can I do this inside? Does lowering the temperature work?

Seedz,

Internet

Plants of some varieties turn purple when temperatures dip down to the low 50'sºF (12-13ºC). Since the variety that you have been growing outdoors has this characteristic, you can induce it to change color by lowering the temperature of the grow space during the dark period. Bring the temperature down for several hours daily for about a week. Your plants will purple.

Hummm interesting. I just thought some strains were purple just like flowers on other plants. So that shit is true?

I thoroughly enjoyed that. I found that very funny and interesting. Also I learned from it which is a big bonus in my book. Thank you for that great comic Mad Toker.

nice info maN

i luv purple the same amount i luv greeen

Thank you for posting that! I've been argueing with people about that for some time. They assume just because the dealer says its 'purple' that its worth so much more and is alot better.

There was some purple around for awhile that everyone was so excited about. When I tryed it, I wasn't at all impressed. I told my friend this was just outdoor regs that got too cold and wasn't worth anymore then any other regs, but ofcourse everyone still thought it was great. :hmmmm:

good find man

Ya I also think it has somewhat of a placebo effect on people too. Seeing they see purple bud they are really excited and expecting it to be the boomest shit. So when they do smoke it the brain sorta tricks them into believing that they are really really stoned.

:HMMMM: I think I will turn my AC down at night so it will get hella cold and leave the curtain up so that the room can get more of the cold air flow...
It'd be nice to try at least....
;)

Nice find and yea purple buds seems to get a lot more attention around here but when it comes down to the high, taste and smell it usualy is pretty good but can be crap too. In the end everything comes down to environment factors, how healty the plants are, how they were grown and most important... genetics.

Purple.. schmurple.. If it works it doesn't matter.:cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

Yea, i heard u can turn any bud purple if the plant is exposed to harsh climate conditions. Some of the times some dealers say its purple, but really its some "frozen" weed! You can tell because the color is not natural, not visible on the veins or other places, and the taste is totally different. Also I have heard of people dying there bud sometimes u can see that the stem is purple! Still there r true purple strains just like there are other strains with major characteristics.

Back
Top Bottom