Purple Cheese - LED - 1st Grow

subtlehustle

Hi everyone, I have been lurking around reading threads for a couple years actually. I have my house now and have finally been able to start growing. So with that I made an account here and hope to gain some knowledge.

This is technically me second grow... i didn't make a log for my first because i knew it would be rushed and have a lot of beginner mistakes and such. So i ran one plant already but I'm calling this my first.

SO ANYway... Here's the details on this grow:

Auto Purple Cheese

300watt LED

3gallon pots

Using AN bloom,micro,grow

Organic lite feed soil with mushroom soil/compost on top

24hrs lights on for now

15 days old(from out of soil on 4/24)

These were started outside and were going to stay there but we had a week and a half of constant cloud coverage and they were getting a bit strechy, so i moved them in under the light.

These pics are at 10days
DSCF19064.JPG
DSCF19074.JPG

My current set up is a tad janky... but I have a delivery coming tomorrow with all the stuff to make it pretty. I have an emergency tent from the camping section to keep as much light in as possible.
DSCF19203.JPG
DSCF19213.JPG

Anybody have some advice on light distance?

I'm running a 300w LED, 18" from plant, 24 hrs for veg

My timer and tent show up tomorrow. and I'm thinking first sign of preflowers in move the light to 24" and 18/6 schedule. But I would like to here others thoughts...

Looking good so far and welcome to :420:. Good idea on topping early on. There is another journal that is side by side comparison of topping autos. Topping early made a huge difference in the outcome. They don't look like they stretched too much, so keep it up. :thumb:

Looking good so far! Wish I would have topped as early as you. My LED was a little strong at 18" during the seedling/early veg stage so watch out for light burn.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah i should have put in exactly, it was day 11 she got the chop. I wanted get it done early because the last PC i grew was 8 weeks to the day for harvest. She seems to be taking it pretty well. I've seen impressive stuff both ways so well see what these girls like. I suppose its a bit strain dependent?

Day 21 Update:

I have my tent pretty much complete. I still have to set up the exhaust fan(its just sitting in there now). The tent wont be airtight so im hoping the draft will pull in enough fresh air? any opinions or ways to make sure i'm getting enough?

Also i'm going to pick up an little fan or two to stick to the wall.

Both my girls are looking good. I watered today and up'd the nutes to 2ml/liter(half the recommended). As far as i can tell they arn't wanting for anything.

DSCF19323.JPG

and the topped one:
DSCF19311.JPG
DSCF19331.JPG

the middle two shoots are getting blocked out a bit:
DSCF19355.JPG

So i tied back those top two to spread just a little and get some light in there so they can catch up.
DSCF19383.JPG

Hard to tell from the pic but there is more light getting to them

DSCF19396.JPG
DSCF19302.JPG

Oh yeah!! Those other 6 pots?? those are some beans that went in Thursday night. They're all autos:
3 hijack
2 White widow(free with order)
1 LSD 25

So ill have 8 plants going here soon. i'm going to move half outside after veg. i was going to do some plants outside only but summer is having a hard time getting here and we are still getting down to low 40s at night. so for now i have a packed house :)

So the furnace took a shit and since its summer im holding off on getting it fixed. However its still getting a little cold in the house at night. My tent was getting down into the low 60s. So i put a little heater in there... well the hot air blowing directly on the plants bunt a leaf :(

DSCF19402.JPG

Its just the tip of that one leaf so i think it'll be ok? I moved the heater outside the tent now and I'm keeping it around 82. Up until now its been about 72, I didn't know there would be an advantage to heating it up much more but after only a couple hours my girls are looking perkier.
DSCF19432.JPG

Day 28 update:

DSCF19521.JPG
DSCF19531.JPG
DSCF19542.JPG
DSCF19552.JPG

Nest week ill do an update on the other plants. I planted them in soil that was to dense. After not seeing anything i dug them up... they'd all germinated, but couldn't push through the soil... so i transplanted them to some good organic putting soil like the other two ae in. they're liking it but there is still not much to see. hoping i did the right thing transplanting. i know your not supposed to on autos but i think they wouldn't have made it in the other soil anyway.

So I'm getting a little nervous. my first grow was a purple cheese from the same order as these two. it had started to show pre flowers by the begging of the third week. these will be 5 weeks Sunday and still no signs. my first plant was over watered and developed a nitrogen toxicity dude to my wife's damn cat pissing in my pot... I'm guessing that has a lot to do with it.

i just wanna make sure, since they're autos, they wont live and die in the veg cycle?

They are under 24hr lights right now but so was my other one. im also using advanced nutreint grow,micro, bloom wich i wasnt on my last grow...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

i like your girls and the cactus:volcano-smiley:
i was going to PM you but i haven't reached the 50 post count yet to be allowed...

Im thinking about upgrading my Lighting at the end of summer, maybe fall at the latest. Ill have to stop growing outside for the winter and would like to expand my grow area. Been looking at your lights and i think ill upgrade to one of your pro series lights... I also saw your Grow Bar series and think they would be great for supplemental lighting in my current setup, but saw you only except minimum orders of 100 lights in the 60cm size...

I think with 4 of these bars(2 veg, 2 flower) my current setup could really excel, allowing me to buy one of your bigger lights and make a second larger grow area in another room. Is there anyway you could help me out here with the minimum order thing?

If this is something you could help with it would be greatly appreciated. Since i cant do PMs yet, you can contact me at emcdannell@gmail.com

Thank you

Day 35 update

Topped purple cheese is still inside
DSCF19701.JPG
DSCF19693.JPG

Non topped Purple Cheese was moved outside last evening. got about 3 hoours of sun and then had its first ever dark period over night
DSCF19753.JPG

shes looking awesome, i also moved 2 HJs and a WW outside on friday. theyre also growing great
DSCF19761.JPG
DSCF19772.JPG
DSCF19811.JPG
DSCF19804.JPG

So when i planted the last 6 seeds i planted them strait into the mushroom soil/compost, the same stuff that's on top of my of my other pots. well it was too dense for them to push thru so i ended up re potting them. i think being curled up in that dense soil for a couple days has my girls growing a little strange right now but they are bouncing back, i think...

the second set of leaves on my LSD25 do really come to a point and curl down :( but like i said i think they all pull thru
DSCF19684.JPG
DSCF19673.JPG
DSCF19644.JPG

I would definitely bring that LED down a bit, bring it down as much as you can without feeling heat under your hand while still having enough light coverage for your ladies. Have you started the G-M-B yet?

I would definitely bring that LED down a bit, bring it down as much as you can without feeling heat under your hand while still having enough light coverage for your ladies. Have you started the G-M-B yet?

Yes, right from the begging Ive been running very low amount of GMB. Ill have to drop the light. i had it high because i had 8 plants i was trying to get coverage to but didn't think to drop it once i moved the others out. I think ill go mess with it now and see how close i can get while keeping the heat off.

On your biggest plant, you can work 1/4 strength of G-M-B if your not there already, every second watering. After a week climb up to half strength, then up to full. If you notice a bit of burn dial it down a tad. Cheers !

Back
Top Bottom