Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Strain Name: Purple Erkel

From River Valley Collective

When: Dec. 2009

Grade: A+

Type: Indica

Price: $50/8th, $95/qtr., $190/half, $360/oz.

Looks: Light green popcorn buds with hints of purple color. Buds were tight and frosty.

Smell: Sweet fruity smell – the purple/grape scent is prevalent.

Taste: The smoke is smooth and fruity, with the tell tale grape flavor of the “Purple Strains”. A very sweet tasting smoke with very little expansion.

Buzz Type: A strong head and body buzz. Uplifting and happy.

Buzz Length: Long – lasted a good 2-4 hours.

Overall: This is probably the BEST of the “Purple Strains” in my opinion. Extremely strong medicine that will wipe out the inexperienced toker. I have a high tolerance and after 2 bong hits I’m plenty high, with a few more I’m done for the night. I LOVE this strain for evenings and will go out of my way to track this down.

(sorry for the image quality - one of my earlier photo set attempts)

PurpleErkle11.jpg

PurpleErkle21.jpg

PurpleErkle31.jpg

Strain Name: Purple Erkle

When: March 2011

Grade: B+

Type: Indica

Price: $95/quarter oz

Looks: Tight purple and green buds with nice trich coverage

Smell: Slight grape scent to the fresh greens smell

Taste: Very grape like on the exhale, however non-descript on the inhale. Not as smooth as other purple strains I've had — causing the slightly lower grade.

Buzz Type: Indica body stone

Buzz Length: 2 hours

Best Medicinal Use: Insomnia and general pain relief in joints

Overall: Another sample of a very strong purple indica strain. This one is a favorite for evening medication when I need sleep or have sore joints (not necessarily muscle aches). Doesn't take much, and there is no creeping nature to the buzz...just a few bong hits or puffs on a pipe and I'm more than buzzed. While the buzz starts with a familiar numbing of my head and drooping of my eyelids, just a few minutes later the pain in my knee and shoulder eased to the point I really didn't notice it.

PurpleErkle_RVC_3-2011-1.jpg

PurpleErkle_RVC_3-2011-2.jpg

PurpleErkle_RVC_3-2011-5.jpg

PurpleErkle_RVC_3-2011-1m.jpg

PurpleErkle_RVC_3-2011-2m.jpg

PurpleErkle_RVC_3-2011-3m.jpg

420 cyclist...I cant seem to find this strain in seed form from some of the banks...and would love to try it..any Ideas where I may be able to locate some beans?..nice review by the way..cant wait to try it out

Back
Top Bottom