Purple Kush clone flowering early -need advice

Hey Aston...
How's it going buddy? :)

Well the ladies are doing fine.
My Sativa and shorty are still vegging. My Blue Dream is starting to produce white hairs. I think it might be moving into the beginning flowering period. Both are about
4 feet tall now. I need to start bending them down again since I don't want them creeping up over the fence.

I did some serious trimming today and cleared out about a shopping bag full of trim.
I want to continue trimming to provide the lollipop effect to some degree. I am also cutting a lot of the bottom garbage off and small branches.. I was using a kind of dull pair of cutters today and after cutting a small branch it kind of pulled a little bit of membrane from the main branch (eeeeeck!). I am hoping that will be kind of like a little HST and it will benefit in some way from that.

In my class last week I did some more cloning and actually got the honor of capturing a White Widow clone :). If all goes well I should be able to take her home next week.
Not sure though what I will do with her. I don't have my indoor grow setup yet and hate to just drop her under a pair of fluorescent grow lights. When I can get a budget together I would like to get a 400w HPS. I think for my purpose it would be just fine for me.

Well nice talking to you brotha...
Keep me up on your grow.
Sorry I've been scarce in the last couple weeks, as I've been in serious painting mode.
I've also been jumping in on my favorite TV series... "Breaking Bad!" Have you ever seen it? Awsome show.

Anyway... Gotta run to go do a :roorrip: .
I pulled out my spare "Fire OG" stash.. mmmm still nice and fresh.
I had it sitting in the fridge in a special ziplock encapsilated in a tupperware jar :) .

Hey Captain,

How's your ladies doing?
Mine are still coming along.
One now has white hairs and looks like it may be easing into the flowering stage.
My next nutes will be a bloom formula to help them along. I've been lucky so far with the bug situation. All I could find is one little grass hopper that has been eating the fan leaves. I seen him the other day chomping on a leaf and tried to grab him, but missed :( . Oh well, as long as it is just him, I will let him have some food.

Hey Aston...
How's it going buddy? :)

Well the ladies are doing fine.
My Sativa and shorty are still vegging. My Blue Dream is starting to produce white hairs. I think it might be moving into the beginning flowering period. Both are about
4 feet tall now. I need to start bending them down again since I don't want them creeping up over the fence.

I did some serious trimming today and cleared out about a shopping bag full of trim.
I want to continue trimming to provide the lollipop effect to some degree. I am also cutting a lot of the bottom garbage off and small branches.. I was using a kind of dull pair of cutters today and after cutting a small branch it kind of pulled a little bit of membrane from the main branch (eeeeeck!). I am hoping that will be kind of like a little HST and it will benefit in some way from that.

In my class last week I did some more cloning and actually got the honor of capturing a White Widow clone :). If all goes well I should be able to take her home next week.
Not sure though what I will do with her. I don't have my indoor grow setup yet and hate to just drop her under a pair of fluorescent grow lights. When I can get a budget together I would like to get a 400w HPS. I think for my purpose it would be just fine for me.

Well nice talking to you brotha...
Keep me up on your grow.
Sorry I've been scarce in the last couple weeks, as I've been in serious painting mode.
I've also been jumping in on my favorite TV series... "Breaking Bad!" Have you ever seen it? Awsome show.

Anyway... Gotta run to go do a :roorrip: .
I pulled out my spare "Fire OG" stash.. mmmm still nice and fresh.
I had it sitting in the fridge in a special ziplock encapsilated in a tupperware jar :) .

MAN, what does a guy have to do to get a picture update with the description of pistols popping out??? lol hey man sounds like everything is everything!!! glad to hear it!!! how many rounds of LST have you done or have you?? right now I have 2 rounds of LST going!!! your still not done wit all that painting yet??? breaking bad?? what channel??? whats it about, PM me on that cus its not 420 related!!! anyways, I take offense on that comment with the CFL's!!! LOL thats what my first indoor and my next indoor that should be starting up next weekend is and is gonna be under!!! lol i know what you mean though, i want a HPS so bad!!! but i want to do a bigger setup for that!! gotta get a house with a garage for that!!! cant wait!! but anyways, dude, now i know you havent been keeping up with the journal!!! I will be doing an exclusive grow journal now, sponsored by Blue Planet Nutrients!!! I am getting all the Farmer's Pride Organic line!!! So be ready to see some major flowers!!!

:peacetwo:

MAN, what does a guy have to do to get a picture update with the description of pistols popping out??? lol hey man sounds like everything is everything!!! glad to hear it!!! how many rounds of LST have you done or have you?? right now I have 2 rounds of LST going!!! your still not done wit all that painting yet??? breaking bad?? what channel??? whats it about, PM me on that cus its not 420 related!!! anyways, I take offense on that comment with the CFL's!!! LOL thats what my first indoor and my next indoor that should be starting up next weekend is and is gonna be under!!! lol i know what you mean though, i want a HPS so bad!!! but i want to do a bigger setup for that!! gotta get a house with a garage for that!!! cant wait!! but anyways, dude, now i know you havent been keeping up with the journal!!! I will be doing an exclusive grow journal now, sponsored by Blue Planet Nutrients!!! I am getting all the Farmer's Pride Organic line!!! So be ready to see some major flowers!!!

:peacetwo:

Well my brotha, I did like 2-3 rounds of LST (nothing major). I was in the process of doing another round, but for the most part the sun seemed to be getting through nicely with adequete spacing and now that the flowering stage has begun on one plant I didn't want to disrupt it at this stage.

As for the painting, I finished the hardest parts, but still have trim to do on the sides of my house. It's a slow gruelling process with 1 guy. Not to mention that I am a profectionist. I have to putty and sand and putty and sand and putty and sand so I see no blemishes... LOL... Not quite that bad, but I do take the extra measure to do a good job.

I will certainly fill you in on all the non 420 stuff by PM.

Yeah CFL lighting can be limited. The setup surely doesn't produce the benefits that the sun and HPS provide. I am thinking I will go with a 400w HPS. I had considered 1000w, but I think for my needs and for the benefit of lower heat distribution, the 400 will work just right. I don't plan on growing more than 3-4 at a time. I think I am going to try a closet setup where I can build an exhaust fan directly into the ceiling and tap the ducting directly into my existing bathroom fan ducting.

Congrats on your sponsored grow.
Sounds like a fun and educational experience.
Heck! and you get free nutes to try. Can't go wrong there my friend.

Well here are some pictures of my ladies in case you were interested.
I gave all of them a major trimming and will continue small trimmings through the floweing stage. I want to create a nice lollipop manicure as much as possible.

This is Shorty... She Has grown a bit since you last seen her.....
DSC010584.JPG

DSC010575.JPG

DSC010564.JPG

DSC010661.JPG

DSC010652.JPG

DSC010595.JPG

DSC010693.JPG

DSC010684.JPG

DSC010672.JPG

I am doing a greenhouse grow a dozen miles north of you using natural light and I have found that I can trigger flowering with just shade cloth. I put in clones and seeded sprouts in April and had the clones flower almost immediately, rolling back the shade cloth sent them back into veg. A couple of weeks ago I rolled the shade back down and they all went into bloom. In this case it was more a case of the "effective"light period as opposed to simply the sunrise and sunset times in an almanac. My house and trees also shade the greenhouse at dawn and dusk which alter the amount of light reaching the plants. Another thing to remember is that clones are sexually mature and are capable of flowering no matter how small they are, where as seedlings must grow for 5 or 6 weeks before they mature enough to flower. Thus if you want an early start to the season, start with seedlings in May and by the time June Gloom moves off extending the effective day period, your plants will not have wasted their energy going into an early or false flowering like clones would.

Hey Vytas,

Thanks for your info.

My preflowering child has since turned around with a little nitrogen boost, and has been in veg state every since. I believe it should return to preflowering any day now.
The bottom of it however matured first and the buds remain pretty mature and swollen (weird thing it is).

I definitely learned a lesson about planting to early.
You make a good point about considering the grow and maturity timing of the clones verses from seed. This will definitely play a factor.

As for the plants photo period, I have learned about its sensitivity, and how to self induce flowering as you mention. The beauty of the outdoor grow is that the sun is free :) , I want to get the most from the veg state and let nature make the flowering happen.. (just not to early).

I really learned a lot from this years grow.
I hope not to make the same mistakes on next years.
I will be a lot more scientific you might say and not take anything for granite,
such as not taking preventative measures against the bug attacks. I am now learning the hard way and getting attacked by mites. I am trying my best to fight them off.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom