Purple Kush deficiency in veg stage: Need help please!

Emilya, I have been. Calmag is what i had in mind until i found this thread. What do u recommend for flowering? I transplanted the plants after 10 days, The roots were great, when i cut the solo cup open the roots were molded around where the cup let it, so i moved them to 3 gallon buckets with new soil. I just wanna be prepared incase something something along the lines of this thread happens i'm prepared.
Calmag is good stuff, because our plants are very magnesium hungry. It however is not an all purpose fertilizer. I just stop feeding magnesium to my plants at week 6, because magnesium is one of the big factors in harsh tasting smoke at the end... I want it all out of the system and look forward to the first signs of a deficiency showing right at the end.

As far as general nutrition needs to produce big buds, I had good luck with the FoxFarm line for many years. I am a big fan of the trio and the 3 solubles, and I used them exactly as suggested along with FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil for some of the most successful grows I did back then. I have gotten away from all that now though, and now I try to brew or ferment all of my nutrients organically. So, when you ask what I recommend, for ease of use, the ability to use city water, and not have to constantly be brewing or fermenting smelly mixes, I definitely recommend the entire Fox Farm line of nutrients and soils, but if you want to grow the best pot possible, no matter the extra work it would involve, I recommend going 100% organic.

Thank you! That was the most useful information i received. This is my first time growing and i am thankful you helped! I never would of thought to stop the supplements for taste.

Thank you! That was the most useful information i received. This is my first time growing and i am thankful you helped! I never would of thought to stop the supplements for taste.

not just for taste... it has to do with the lifecycle of a weed.

as humans we tend to not like seeing death, yet this is the most natural thing in the world for a one season plant like a weed. Death is part of the process that this remarkable plant uses to throw its all, its entire essence and being into the act of keeping the species alive... producing that seed at the cost of everything, even life itself.

If you manage someday to grow the very best bud that a plant can produce, she will die giving it to you. To this end, my plants get nothing but water for the last 2 weeks. They use up everything they have, and I think, die happily, knowing that their buds were the best that they were capable of producing.

not just for taste... it has to do with the lifecycle of a weed.

as humans we tend to not like seeing death, yet this is the most natural thing in the world for a one season plant like a weed. Death is part of the process that this remarkable plant uses to throw its all, its entire essence and being into the act of keeping the species alive... producing that seed at the cost of everything, even life itself.

If you manage someday to grow the very best bud that a plant can produce, she will die giving it to you. To this end, my plants get nothing but water for the last 2 weeks. They use up everything they have, and I think, die happily, knowing that their buds were the best that they were capable of producing.

That's deep, but a great observation. I'm speechless and think you hit the nail on the head.
cheers!

What are you all using to check the ph of the soil? the gages or test strips?

the pH reading of the soil is mostly meaningless... and the reading you get will depend on what part of the container you take it from. Wet soil has a different pH than dry soil, and soil saturated with water will be the pH of that water, not the pH of the dry soil. Also, from the moment that you water, the pH of the saturation begins to drift upward, so any reading you might take, is simply a reading of a moment in time.

This is why we recommend to water at 6.5 pH in soil. It is low enough upon first applying to allow the heavy metals to be picked up, and then as it drifts upward it will pick up all the rest that need a slightly higher pH to become mobile. If you water at 6.5 pH, at least you know that for that moment, the pH of your soil is exactly where it needs to be, and there is no need to measure the soil pH or the pH of any run off you might create.

I learn stuff daily from you! I'm currently using distilled water. My tap water has high sulfur and probably comes from planet krypton. We filter it and drink it. I'm just afraid to give it to my babies as like i wont let my daughter drink tap water lol.

I learn stuff daily from you! I'm currently using distilled water. My tap water has high sulfur and probably comes from planet krypton. We filter it and drink it. I'm just afraid to give it to my babies as like i wont let my daughter drink tap water lol.
just remember that distilled water has nothing in it to support life other than being wet. If you are using distilled or RO water you most likely also need to use calmag+ as a supplement.

just remember that distilled water has nothing in it to support life other than being wet. If you are using distilled or RO water you most likely also need to use calmag+ as a supplement.

I see the nutrients in Cal mag- but i cant find anything about the grow big (which is the trio i ordered). Will that help.

I see the nutrients in Cal mag- but i cant find anything about the grow big (which is the trio i ordered). Will that help.

Grow Big mainly supplies nitrogen. There should be plenty of free nitrogen in your soil. You can easily get by without Grow Big, especially if you successively up-pot into fresh soil several times.

Without the calcium and magnesium and trace minerals commonly in tap water however, most people using RO or Distilled water will have deficiencies. My gardens can not do without a calcium/magnesium supplement.

the pH reading of the soil is mostly meaningless... and the reading you get will depend on what part of the container you take it from. Wet soil has a different pH than dry soil, and soil saturated with water will be the pH of that water, not the pH of the dry soil. Also, from the moment that you water, the pH of the saturation begins to drift upward, so any reading you might take, is simply a reading of a moment in time.

This is why we recommend to water at 6.5 pH in soil. It is low enough upon first applying to allow the heavy metals to be picked up, and then as it drifts upward it will pick up all the rest that need a slightly higher pH to become mobile. If you water at 6.5 pH, at least you know that for that moment, the pH of your soil is exactly where it needs to be, and there is no need to measure the soil pH or the pH of any run off you might create.
I was under the assumption we should water at 6.3?

I was under the assumption we should water at 6.3?
You are right... a year ago I was frustrated fighting the current trend of recommending 6.5 to everyone and I too gave in and gave this recommendation. You are right of course, 6.3 pH is mathematically where the most elements are the most mobile, and will be the optimum point to aim for so as to have your pH drift through the 6.2 to 6.8 range.

You are right... a year ago I was frustrated fighting the current trend of recommending 6.5 to everyone and I too gave in and gave this recommendation. You are right of course, 6.3 pH is mathematically where the most elements are the most mobile, and will be the optimum point to aim for so as to have your pH drift through the 6.2 to 6.8 range.
Should one flush before harvest when growing in soil and using synthetics

Should one flush before harvest when growing in soil and using synthetics
Yes, but not for the reasons you might think. The time to flush is 2 weeks before harvest, right as the buds start their final swell. A flush of 3x the container size cleans out the soil of salts and debris, and allows for maximum uptake right up till the end. After doing this flush I would continue giving finishing nutes, right up to the last watering. Apparently scientific measuring of the final buds has proven that there really isn't any raw nutrients left in the buds and that a flush right at the very end really has no effect.

Back
Top Bottom