Purple Kush In NorCal

redolent420

After a catastrophic failure of our Caramelicious clones, we went to Oaksterdam (Blue Sky Coffee Shop) and purchased a new strain - Purple Kush. My grow partner picked them out. They were the most expensive clones they offered ($20.00 ea), but we are excited to start anew. We opted for 12 instead of 18 this time. We think the room is better suited for 12.

Our Caramelicious strain lives on, we have two growing outside and one that survived the failure, so all is not lost. It was just time to move on.

For those of you who followed our last two journals, thank you. For those new to our journals, welcome.

What strain is it?
Purple Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Veg
If in Veg... For how long?
Clones were purchased two weeks ago (7/13/09)
Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor
Soil or Hydro?
Soil
If soil... what is in your mix?
Nothin' fancy, Patio Plus by Kellogg
If soil... What size pot?
Soon to be moved into 5 gal pots
Size of light?
2- 600w hps on a light mover.
Is it aircooled?
640cfm inline fan
Temp of Room/cab?
Daytime 82-90, Nightime 72-82
Any Pests ?
Just that Julie, she likes to stand naked in the garden sometimes.
How often are you watering?
As needed, usually every two to three days
Type and strength of ferts used?
Earth Juice Grow 2-1-1, with an occasional bump of MAXSEA 16-16-16

Here's a copy of the brochure from Oaksterdam about Purple Kush.
PurpleKushSmall.jpg

After constant tending by my grow partner, the clones are healthy and happy.
1535Small.jpg

1538Small.jpg

11537Small.jpg

After a bout with spider mites in our last crop, we are a firm believer in ladybugs.
1540Small.jpg

Very very nice looking clones. Hey but I suggest you put them in a bigger pot. I have a small plant whos maybe an inch tall from seed about 2 weeks old and it hit the sides of the pot (i used old 1 liter so i could see) so i transplanted. I thnk its better because when they transplant theystop growing for a sec to adjust 2 to the shock.

Lady bugs FTW!I'm in for this ride. ;)

Swamp, yes I understand what can happen to clones. Almost lost the Sweet Tooth this last time.. Hey it sure is nice to be able to walk into Oaksterdam and buy a few off the shelf. It should be so regulated. Enjoy the privledge and honor to do so. It is still archaic here at best.. I am in awe that yo guys can over there..

I am in for this 1 too... you are a great gardener can't wait to see all your girls in action:cheer:

Very very nice looking clones. Hey but I suggest you put them in a bigger pot. I have a small plant whos maybe an inch tall from seed about 2 weeks old and it hit the sides of the pot (i used old 1 liter so i could see) so i transplanted. I thnk its better because when they transplant theystop growing for a sec to adjust 2 to the shock.
Not to worry caligrown, transplant day was today. We moved them into 5 gal pots. They had nice root structure, but not root bound. They will take off in a week or so.
Lady bugs FTW!I'm in for this ride. ;)
Yeah, we love our little ladybugs, they are awesome devourers of pests.
Swamp, yes I understand what can happen to clones. Almost lost the Sweet Tooth this last time.. Hey it sure is nice to be able to walk into Oaksterdam and buy a few off the shelf. It should be so regulated. Enjoy the privledge and honor to do so. It is still archaic here at best.. I am in awe that yo guys can over there..
Yeah Cherma, it sucks to loose clones. I think we had a bit of fungus. Next time we will use a few drops of bleach to help control it. I'm glad your Sweet Tooth survived. Oaksterdam is awesome!!! We couldn't be happier with the quality of our new clones.
I am in for this 1 too... you are a great gardener can't wait to see all your girls in action:cheer:
Thanks blackbeast, glad to have you along for the ride.
nice P Kush..if u see a male plant, try to mate with grapefruit kush...must be a nice mix.
We're hoping not to see any males, these are all female clones.

Update:

We transplanted into 5 gal. pots today. The root structure was just right for transplanting, the soil held together well and no signs of being root bound.

We opted for 12 this time, instead of 18, we feel the room is better suited for 12. The plants were topped 3 days ago and are filling in nicely.

Here are the pics:
1555Small.jpg

1549Small.jpg

1553Small.jpg

1551Small.jpg

1552Small.jpg

The lights are on a light mover to insure even coverage.
1554Small.jpg

Swamp, Looking fuller all the time. I am anxious and patiently waiting for the PK to ignite the room in blissfull smells of sweet pungent aromatic scents of titillations for the nose.. OKOKOK,, it's Sunday am and I need my PK fix.. must settle on some MK Ultra today though..

Off to a great start again I see. Cant wait to see what you do with these ladies this time. Great job again.

looks like a great start, my pk's are one week into flower and are busy as hell and 21'' might be tight in there. When will you flower? cant wait to see if mine look the same. So far they are.

this is going to be fun!
have you considered a perpetual journal at all?
good luck growing!

Back
Top Bottom