Purple Kush not turning purple

Hobby420

Hey all,

I am well into my third grow of Purple Kush. First two grows, the buds turned purple very early into flower and and was almost black when dried. This time, they are not turning purple. Has anyone else ran across this? The buds are looking great with lots of crystals but, no purple :-( I have read that dropping the temperature will turn them purple but, I am not going to force a stress on my girls just to get them to change colour... Just want to know if this happens sometimes with this strain.

Thanks!

H420

That's common brother. .they don't all turn..same with other strains..
It's a crap shoot if they get purple..
Just finished some dark devil..half turned purple out of 10..
Same with my last PK grow..

Hey all,

I am well into my third grow of Purple Kush. First two grows, the buds turned purple very early into flower and and was almost black when dried. This time, they are not turning purple. Has anyone else ran across this? The buds are looking great with lots of crystals but, no purple :-( I have read that dropping the temperature will turn them purple but, I am not going to force a stress on my girls just to get them to change colour... Just want to know if this happens sometimes with this strain.

Thanks!

H420

I think the temp has a lot to do with it.. was it cooler your last grow?. My winter grows turn purple easy but I'm running a purple strain right now and she's finally purpling up at 7 weeks. I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to running cold air on all my ladies and always felt that my purpling leaves were a issue, not a blessing.

I think the temp has a lot to do with it.. was it cooler your last grow?. My winter grows turn purple easy but I'm running a purple strain right now and she's finally purpling up at 7 weeks. I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to running cold air on all my ladies and always felt that my purpling leaves were a issue, not a blessing.

I would say it was cooler in my last two grows but in a good way as it was much more controlable .... this summer, I had some serious heat issues with big swings in temperature and RH. As long as the bud is of good quality, I will put up with some greener bud :) I have 3 weeks left so maybe mine will turn purple later on.

H420

i have tried a few strans, that were purportedly purple. lol. if you get the right phono. i had some of the "purple bud" that all five of them not only were not purple, but, did not produce, for crap, or smoke, for crap. duds. what a joke. also, my frissian dew, did not have a pheno, that turned purple. even outside. a hint, perhaps. but talk about disapointing. i have cence, gave up on the purps. they are mostly for looks, not kick, anyway. novelty items, are mostly just that. novelties.

I would say it was cooler in my last two grows but in a good way as it was much more controlable .... this summer, I had some serious heat issues with big swings in temperature and RH. As long as the bud is of good quality, I will put up with some greener bud :) I have 3 weeks left so maybe mine will turn purple later on.

H420
You definetly have time left,.. my Purple urkle didn't start purpling until about 6 and a half weeks into flower... If your controlling your Temps better now than you should have no issues with flavor or potency. I'm not sure what Temps your grows at but my last harvest had a high of 82 and a low of 74 and the taste was much better than when my lows hit the 60s so even if there not purple the taste my come out better than your last grow... hope that helps and give them some time. Best of luck, got any pics?

i have tried a few strans, that were purportedly purple. lol. if you get the right phono. i had some of the "purple bud" that all five of them not only were not purple, but, did not produce, for crap, or smoke, for crap. duds. what a joke. also, my frissian dew, did not have a pheno, that turned purple. even outside. a hint, perhaps. but talk about disapointing. i have cence, gave up on the purps. they are mostly for looks, not kick, anyway. novelty items, are mostly just that. novelties.

I feel you on that subject.. lots of seed banks pushing purple strains just because there purple.. The Urkle I'm growing looks fantastic though, nice color, nice Trichome production, the wonderful grape smell I remember from my past and dense nugs. My only issue with the strain is its slow growth and yeild, the nugs definetly didn't get very big...

Mine were CKS Purple Kush; I did my PK grow in the summer, so lights off temperatures were quite high and there wasn't a very large difference between high and low temperatures, which is why I wasn't as concerned about the absence of the purple phenotype. There was some purpling at the end, but not enough to make the buds stand out as being of a distinctly different colour.

Mine were CKS Purple Kush; I did my PK grow in the summer, so lights off temperatures were quite high and there wasn't a very large difference between high and low temperatures, which is why I wasn't as concerned about the absence of the purple phenotype. There was some purpling at the end, but not enough to make the buds stand out as being of a distinctly different colour.

Hey 415friendly,

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for! Very same situation I had and felt the environment was the issue. I did lights on at night and off during the day to help with the temperature but it only helped a little. I think my next summer grow will be outside... if at all :)

H420

Back
Top Bottom