Purple Kush, Regular/Photo - DynoMyco We Want You - Side-By-Side Comparative Grow

Greetings Everyone!
I presently have 14 plants growing out of 24 plants that I can have in the two stages of Veg, so that means I can plant 10 seeds and still be legal. I have dug deep into my archives and pulled out Purple Kush. This primarily is a side by side test of similar plants in similar grow methods, one side using @DYNOMYCO and one side not using it. Dynomyco will be used at every stage starting with planting the seedlings and then on every successive uppotting.

Another side experiment is going to see if we can pre-sex seeds, so I will be picking 10 seeds out of my collection that appear to be female according to the crater left on the seed from where it attached to the mother plant. The odds should be 50/50... lets see how we do.

Later in veg when sex is finally confirmed, the male plants will be removed from the group. The odds say that we should have plants from each group of the Dynomyco test in the final group of females. Wish us luck!

Here is Purple Kush
1653623081797.png

About Purple Kush
Also known as "Purple Hindu Kush", Purple Kush is a pure indica that sets itself apart from other indica hybrids with its eye-catching colors and pleasant taste. It was originally created by breeders in a neighborhood of Oakland, California dubbed Oaksterdam, one of the oldest legal medical marijuana areas of the United States. Purple Kush is a cross between two South-Central Asian indica landraces: Hindu Kush, from the mountainous Pakistan-Afghanistan border, and a purple-tinged variety of Afghani. With 100% indica genetics, it provides a slow and relaxing full body stone. Named a Top 10 Kush Strain by High Times magazine in 2016, Purple Kush has THC composition ranging from 17% to as much as 27%.
This strain has medium sized, popcorn-like flowers when cured, with a very dense, heavy bud structure. Depending on the phenotype, leaves can be equal parts green and purple. The tendency towards purple, selectively bred from the Purple Afghani parent strain, comes about when the plant’s anthocyanins -- pigments similar to chlorophyll -- are activated in cold growing conditions.

The seeds will be placed in water tonight.

Greetings Everyone!
I presently have 14 plants growing out of 24 plants that I can have in the two stages of Veg, so that means I can plant 10 seeds and still be legal. I have dug deep into my archives and pulled out Purple Kush. This primarily is a side by side test of similar plants in similar grow methods, one side using @DYNOMYCO and one side not using it. Dynomyco will be used at every stage starting with planting the seedlings and then on every successive uppotting.

Another side experiment is going to see if we can pre-sex seeds, so I will be picking 10 seeds out of my collection that appear to be female according to the crater left on the seed from where it attached to the mother plant. The odds should be 50/50... lets see how we do.

Later in veg when sex is finally confirmed, the male plants will be removed from the group. The odds say that we should have plants from each group of the Dynomyco test in the final group of females. Wish us luck!

Here is Purple Kush
1653623081797.png

About Purple Kush
Also known as "Purple Hindu Kush", Purple Kush is a pure indica that sets itself apart from other indica hybrids with its eye-catching colors and pleasant taste. It was originally created by breeders in a neighborhood of Oakland, California dubbed Oaksterdam, one of the oldest legal medical marijuana areas of the United States. Purple Kush is a cross between two South-Central Asian indica landraces: Hindu Kush, from the mountainous Pakistan-Afghanistan border, and a purple-tinged variety of Afghani. With 100% indica genetics, it provides a slow and relaxing full body stone. Named a Top 10 Kush Strain by High Times magazine in 2016, Purple Kush has THC composition ranging from 17% to as much as 27%.
This strain has medium sized, popcorn-like flowers when cured, with a very dense, heavy bud structure. Depending on the phenotype, leaves can be equal parts green and purple. The tendency towards purple, selectively bred from the Purple Afghani parent strain, comes about when the plant’s anthocyanins -- pigments similar to chlorophyll -- are activated in cold growing conditions.

The seeds will be placed in water tonight.
Good morning Em :ciao: hope your having a wonderful day my friend.
I'm going to follow along and watch your terrific ladies enjoy their DYNOMYCO.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

I love these Dynomyco comparitive grows, should be interesting. I'm in!

Are you going to run that seed sex guessing thing a lot more than once? for it to be any good evidence I’d say atleast 3 consistent times. You ever hear the term beginners luck. That shits real when it comes to scientific evidence.

But I’m paying close attention. This could literally change the cannabis growing industry!

and would there even be a need for fem seeds if sexing seeds are available? Great experiment!!!!!!

Are you going to run that seed sex guessing thing a lot more than once? for it to be any good evidence I’d say atleast 3 consistent times. You ever hear the term beginners luck. That shits real when it comes to scientific evidence.

But I’m paying close attention. This could literally change the cannabis growing industry!

and would there even be a need for fem seeds if sexing seeds are available? Great experiment!!!!!!
Yes of course, one time can be explained as a fluke... two times, lucky maybe... but the third time is the charm. If we can get consistent results way above 50%, I will start believing that there is something to it.

Cool! I'm in! Very interesting about the crater in the seed and sexing before water. Will be very curious to see how you do. Love Purple Kush, great choice. Hopefully you end up with an even number of females so you don't have to decide which odd one gets the DYNOMYCO or which doesn't, lol.

Cool! I'm in! Very interesting about the crater in the seed and sexing before water. Will be very curious to see how you do. Love Purple Kush, great choice. Hopefully you end up with an even number of females so you don't have to decide which odd one gets the DYNOMYCO or which doesn't, lol.
Sorry about the delay in getting going here, but I am having technical difficulties. My phone and microscope ran out of juice last night in the middle of trying to examine these seeds. Also, it is not easy finding a way to prop the seeds up on their pointy end so I can see the crater on the opposite end... I need to build some kind of jig to make this easier. I am determined to get some pics and make my decisions today, and then we will get these seeds into water.

Sorry about the delay in getting going here, but I am having technical difficulties. My phone and microscope ran out of juice last night in the middle of trying to examine these seeds. Also, it is not easy finding a way to prop the seeds up on their pointy end so I can see the crater on the opposite end... I need to build some kind of jig to make this easier. I am determined to get some pics and make my decisions today, and then we will get these seeds into water.
Second pair of hands with tweezers holding the seed in place while the other takes the pics so you can see it better?

Second pair of hands with tweezers holding the seed in place while the other takes the pics so you can see it better?
maybe, but I am also trying not to actually touch the seeds... I just need to drill a little hole in a scrap of wood so that the pointy end of the seed sits in there nice and pretty.

maybe, but I am also trying not to actually touch the seeds... I just need to drill a little hole in a scrap of wood so that the pointy end of the seed sits in there nice and pretty.
That's genius. Hell you could probably save the drill and do it with a Phillips head screwdriver.

Hey Em :ciao:
What about a piece of cork?
Would that work to hold it?
Might be easier to work with.

See rough sketch.

20220528_095722.jpg

Just curious are you going to grow the ones you think are male?
Just to see, then dump them before it's too late. :oops:

Bill

Hey Em :ciao:
What about a piece of cork?
Would that work to hold it?
Might be easier to work with.

See rough sketch.

20220528_095722.jpg

Just curious are you going to grow the ones you think are male?
Just to see, then dump them before it's too late. :oops:

Bill
cool ideas... not sure how to balance on a toothpick though... got to think about that one. Plant count limitations keeps me from also growing the suspected males, but at some point I will need to because I am running low in these seeds... maybe have 30 left.

The available research, if you want to call it that, focuses on one picture, showing 5 seeds. I think I know what I am looking for and 3 out of 5 last night were in my female pile, having round, volcano like craters. The volcano part seems important, and I am looking for that. Few craters are perfectly round. Hopefully I will have pictures later today and seeds in the water.

OK, this afternoon I found an old 2x4 scrap and drilled several holes in it 1/4 inch deep or less. This up in my office area turned out to be the perfect height to work with my microscope and its stand and we made quick work of this sub project, to try to pick the female seeds out of the bunch.

I did also make a decision to throw in two that I suspect of being males into the test, so they have been isolated into their own cup of water. There are 2 suspected males and 8 suspected females.

I can see why this theory has never caught on, because it is very hard to judge seeds based on the criteria given. After careful examination of the majority of my seeds in this bunch I have concluded several things. 1. My seeds are mostly similar and I wonder if I have feminized seeds here already. Going by the given criteria, none of my craters are perfectly round or even oval. Several of them didn't have volcanoing or the volcano ridges dont go all the way around the crater. 2. I have assumed those are the males.

Here are some that I think are females
2022_05_29_16_13_23_830.jpg
2022_05_29_16_07_38_634.jpg
2022_05_29_16_05_37_116.jpg
2022_05_29_16_09_19_152.jpg
2022_05_29_16_05_11_295.jpg

And here are the males
2022_05_29_16_06_37_659.jpg
2022_05_29_16_09_55_920.jpg

So now we wait. Then we wait some more to see the results of this experiment.

DSCF0842.JPG

20220529_161826.jpg

This can literally change the breeding industry. You know. Like Michael Jackson revolutionized pop music.lol I mean. It’s the same type of staple. Like if you prove this successful and you can actually pre determine the sexing traits based on the seed cap/hull, I’d never buy fems again. Or even worry about making them. Sts would become a thing of the past. I’d be lying is I said I didn wish I thought of this first lol. Idk if im the only one excited about this experiment she’s doing. But I can’t wait to see the outcome.

This can literally change the breeding industry. You know. Like Michael Jackson revolutionized pop music.lol I mean. It’s the same type of staple. Like if you prove this successful and you can actually pre determine the sexing traits based on the seed cap/hull, I’d never buy fems again. Or even worry about making them. Sts would become a thing of the past. I’d be lying is I said I didn wish I thought of this first lol. Idk if im the only one excited about this experiment she’s doing. But I can’t wait to see the outcome.
Nope, you're not alone, @CultivationArt, and the potential importance of the experiment is not lost on me either. Leave it to @Emilya to be on the cutting edge all the time. She likes to push shit. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom