Purple Kush & Thai Stick Feminised, LED 300W, Soil, 3rd Grow

blvck v2

Hi stoners & growers around the world :Namaste: :welcome:

Back in March 2015, I started my second grow and my first grow journal with a Northern Light Auto from Royal Queen Seeds.
Here is my previous completed journal:

The whole experience was amazing, smoke test was also great but 40 gr wasn't enough :drool:
After a long break from growing, I decided to go through the adventure again. This journal will include two grows in one.

Strain - Purple kush Feminized
Soil grow Indoor
7 Gallon pot
LED Grow light 300W 100smd x2
Indoor tent - Dimensions L 60 cm W 45 cm H 160 cm
Mini fan
2 seeds
Premium organic soil found in local store
18 hours of light 6 hours of night

Strain - Thai stick Feminized
Soil grow Outdoor
7 Gallon pot
1 seed
Premium organic soil found in local store
12 hours of light 12 hours of night

Attachments

• IMG_1094.jpeg
    IMG_1094.jpeg
    499.9 KB · Views: 158
After a long break from growing,
I guess! Love that small time grow, turned out awesome! Whats that I see about different light periods for those two plants? Are you gonna run dif rooms? CHeers, looking forward to your progress mate! :yahoo:

I guess! Love that small time grow, turned out awesome! Whats that I see about different light periods for those two plants? Are you gonna run dif rooms? CHeers, looking forward to your progress mate! :yahoo:
Hey man! Yes, my first journal was fun and a little explicit back in 2015 :goof:
I have a total of 3 plants, 2 Purple Kush seeds and 1 Unknown seed offered by the dude I got the seeds from.

How are you going to keep that light schedule outside?
I am currently thinking of letting this unknown seed grow outside with a 12 hours schedule and focus on the Purple Kush inside with a normal vegetative state (18hrs light - 6hrs dark) due to space available.
Thank you for tuning in to my thread guys. :Namaste:

Update

The germination process is over and successful for all 3 seeds. Done in humid cotton locked in a Tupperware, it took around 36-48 hours for the root to show. slower than previous grow I am also in a different environment with higher temp and lower humidity which could have impact.

Day 0 (Germination process)

IMG_1096.jpg

Day 3 (germination process)

IMG_4708.jpg

The smallest seed on the top left is a PK seed, smaller than the other one, you cannot see the root, a few hours later it showed out.

Update

Yesterday, I decided to transfer them in soil. I am using a fresh local bamboo soil which I use for other plants with very successful results.

DAY 1

I settled them in water bottles for the first days and will then transfer them to their 7 gal pot.
They are all under the sunlight atm due to a delay of my light shipment. :nervous-guy: Hopefully should be fine!

IMG_4742.jpg

PKs are on the top and the unknown is at the bottom of the picture, as you can see one of the PK already decided to show its face, let the journey begin! :yahoo:

bamboo soil sounds interesting, got a pic of the nutrients listed on the bag?
Will you be using any other nutrients?

Hey dude!
The bag has nothing listed on sadly.. It comes straight from the local green market in my area.
I will start using normal vegetative nutes when I transfer them into their 7 gal pot in less than a week.

Hey dude!
The bag has nothing listed on sadly.. It comes straight from the local green market in my area.
I will start using normal vegetative nutes when I transfer them into their 7 gal pot in less than a week.

Awesome.

Never even heard of bamboo based soil.
I assume it must be similar to coco.
Looks like the soil needs aeration.
And if it's just like coco you'll want to water every day with 1/4 strength nutrients.
Yup I also never heard of it before, it is what my local farmer recommended me. I am in South east asia btw.
What do you mean by the soil needing aeration?
Ok great to know about the regular watering, will check how they do first and then will switch to your technique if I see a lack of nutes.
Thanks for your time dude :thanks:

Yup I also never heard of it before, it is what my local farmer recommended me. I am in South east asia btw.
What do you mean by the soil needing aeration?
Ok great to know about the regular watering, will check how they do first and then will switch to your technique if I see a lack of nutes.
Thanks for your time dude :thanks:
Aeration, such as adding Pumice and biochar into the soil, usually about 30%.
So 70% soil 25% pumice and 5% biochar or something similar

Update

Hey! Here's a quick update, all 3 seeds seem to have sprout! Well at least for both PKs however them seem to be stretching a little, the unknown seed is cuddling with the soil atm :laughtwo:
They might be stretching due to little light, I am still waiting on my light to be delivered. This virus thing going on has mess up the timing :thedoubletake:

DAY 2

Purple Kush #1
IMG_4767.jpg

Purple Kush #2
IMG_4768.jpg

Unknown
IMG_4769.jpg

Don't mind the temperature, it's a shitty thermometer I bought for 3$ on "eBay", temperature in the room is around 25°C

Never even heard of bamboo based soil.
I assume it must be similar to coco.
Looks like the soil needs aeration.
And if it's just like coco you'll want to water every day with 1/4 strength nutrients.

By the way, I went to ask the farmer (well, my girlfriend did since I can't communicate with him :laughtwo:) why he thinks bamboo based soil is great for growing and told me it is due to the high amount of trichoderma produced from the chopped bamboos mixed with the soil. It results in avoiding moisture while letting enough humidity to feed the roots.

Just mix bagged compost in water and aerate it if you can for 24 - 36hrs or more. Can measure food strength in your tea with a ppm pen.Using compost teas regularly, even 50ppm is highly beneficial! Also make sure to use some mycorrhizae on the roots and bottom of transplant hole. They will infect the roots beneficially and can increase the root surface area by 100's-1000's over time ;) lookin good so far!!

Back
Top Bottom