Purple Kush x Blue Dream Hybrid Grow - 2014

I read a study where plants were given 24 hours of darkness before harvest and plants were not given a period of darkness before harvest. Both plants cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, the myth of giving your plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked.

Hey, I have a question and hopefully you can give me a little insight. So, the two ladies finishing up have been changing pistol colors and putting on some weight but I'm still confused on how close if am to chopping them. I switched them to 12/12 on May 15, yet they both showed their pistils may 21st. My question is, are they on day 49 of flowering or day 55? That's a day short of a weeks difference. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hey everyone, time for an update on the Mystery Hybrid. Today is day 14 of flower for her. She has a little bite burn on her leaf tips, but I think that's just due to the transplant to the Roots Organics Emerald Mountain potting soil from about 2 weeks ago. The new growth is nice and green. I'm also going to try a new flowering regimen as recommended by the guys at Green House Seed Co. They flush their plants 3 times. Day 16, day 28 and 42, while letting them dry out for 5 days after. Wish me luck! Here are some pics.
image11796.jpg

image11797.jpg

Nice early bud production. All up and down the stems
image11798.jpg

Leaves appear more sativa, no?
image11795.jpg

Unless otherwise specified by the breeder the plants are considered in flower from the day you switch to 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness.

Ok, that's what I always thought because while no flowers may have shown, the stretching is an indication the plant is changing focus. Now I'm just waiting for some of the fan leaves to start turning yellow and more hairs to turn orange. Only about %20-30 have turned and the calyxes are still small on some but they're both now on day 57 (day 1 of week 9) of flowering. The taller one had a bit of a light leak on the bottom early in because she was too tall and the night shade couldn't reach the ground, so I expected it to go a bit longer, but not the short lady. I guess I'll let them finish out this 9th week and chop.

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

Hello everyone, it's the eve of day 63, harvest day for my two PK x BD ladies! I'll be chopping around 2 am after they're good and asleep. I'll have pics for you tomorrow! Exciting:yahoo:

Also, tomorrow will be day 21 of flowering for my unknown hybrid plant and the OTHER unknown plant I have (sorry I kept her a secret from you guys, but I wasn't sure I was going to keep her and flower her out) so from now on, she'll be known as unknown #2 or UK2. They were both flushed 5 days ago on day 16, and dried out for 5 days and tomorrow they will both receive a feeding of 1:winkyface:1 NPK. I will have more pics of them tomorrow morning but for now here are some pics of their leaves.

UK1 appears to be more sativa dominant with the deeper green color and thin leaves
image11879.jpg

UK2 Appears more indica dominant. Light green with wide, overlapping leaves. Also, since it's been switched to the flowering cycle, the stems have started to turn purple and it's spreading to the leaves themselves. Considering the flushing And it's been under the same conditions as the other 3, I believe it's just I. The phenotype so I'm pretty excited. One of the reasons I decided to go ahead and flower her out.
image11880.jpg

If your leaves stems are red/purple on the top side and green on the underside this is a normal reaction to flowering. If your leave stems are red/purple on the top side and red/purple on the underside then I believe this is a calcium and magnesium deficiency. Some people have suggested that red/ purple on the undersides of stems may also be a phosphorous or potassium deficiency.

If your leaves stems are red/purple on the top side and green on the underside this is a normal reaction to flowering. If your leave stems are red/purple on the top side and red/purple on the underside then I believe this is a calcium and magnesium deficiency. Some people have suggested that red/ purple on the undersides of stems may also be a phosphorous or potassium deficiency.
That was my impression as well, but luckily they're green on the bottom half. Depending on how she flowers, this might be another potential mother plant for me

Good Morning everyone! Today was harvest day for my two ladies and I must say I'm pretty pleased! Here Are some pics of the top colas from each!

-top cola from the Tall PK x BD lady
image11946.jpg

image11947.jpg
image11950.jpg

Top cola of the smaller, topped plant!
image11948.jpg
image11949.jpg

Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think! Pics of the UK1 and UK2 ladies in a few hours. Feeding them now!

Good morning everyone! Just thought I'd share some shots of the ladies I just took this morning. Also, I just threw 2 seeds that I had germinating into one gallon pots mixed with equal parts Roots Organics EM, Top Soil and perlite. I'll give you an update on them when they pop, but for now...

UK1 day 22 of flowering
image11998.jpg

image11999.jpg

UK2 day 15 of flowering
image12000.jpg

image12001.jpg

image12002.jpg

Hey guys! So I believe I've finally created living soil! I added mycorrhizae inoculate in the soil for UK1 & 2 when is transplanted them and there is a large about of white webbing I can see at the drainage holes around the roots. Also since it's been raining the last 2 days( and is supposed to continue to rain through NEXT Monday smh) I found these this morning in both pots! This is a good sign, correct?
image12035.jpg

You should bury that exposed root deeper in the soil.

Ok, will do. I thought that might been one of the air roots or something. Didn't want to smother it. Should I cover it with more dirt or just some mulch or something like that? This plant is doing really REALLY well so I want to keep it up

Back
Top Bottom