Purple OG Kush & Great White Shark - 2000 Watt - Soil - CO2

Rudy Baylor

4 months of research has led to a d-day of april 12th. god bless the 63%. since i learned so much from this site i feel an obligation to put my mistakes on paper so others can learn from this process. if any one person is able to grow themselves the medication they need because of this grow journal then it is a sucess in my opinion. but of course 1 gr/watt would also be considered a sucess too. on to the specifics..

Strain: 6-Purple OG(BC The Purps x SF OG KUSH)
6 Great White Shark(White Widow x Skunk #1)

Soil or Hydro: Soil (75% Pro-Mix and 25% fresh from my friends worm business worm castings)

Light of God: Veg--1000 Watt Hortilux Super MH Blue
Flower--1000 Watt Hortilux Super HPS
1000 Watt Hortilux Super HPS
Hoods: Daystar 6 Aircooled

Ballasts: Magnetic, one is switchable

Veg Containers: 1 Gallon Black Grow Bags

Flower Containers: 5 Gallon Black Grow Bags

Space: 10 x 8 x 8

Exhaust: 6 inch (240 cfm)

Intake: 6 inch (240 cfm)

Temp Control: Edenpure Heater

Dehumidifier: Yes

CO2: Yes, 20 lb tank

Fox Farm Organic Grow Big for starters, will be bringing in AN for late veg and flowering.

Light Timer

Temp/Humidity Meter

Strategy: since the great white is massive and can triple it's size from veg to flower im letting them get to 2 feet with topping them at least twice. however long it takes the great whites to get to about 24-28 inch's im going to put them and the purple og into flowering. at that time ill be puting the 1000 watt hps into the hood and adding another hood and light. each strain will have its own 1000 watt hortilux on them so fingers crossed i can get some girth outta these girls. ill have it all hooked into a controller but thats a couple weeks away. i could go on and on here but im just going to put up a couple photos of the grow build and what the room is completley empty. why cant a first timer pull of sick gram per watt? ive read all i can read. ive talked to all who i can talk to. now i gotta get in there and start that learning process. can't wait.

D-Day: April 12th, 2011

ladder.JPG

This space was filled with junk, clearing it out was a day in itself. Nonetheless, thats the first new wall that went up. Brand new insulation behind it and that is 1/4 inch plywood.

insl.JPG

This insulation went into all the walls and the ceiling

flooor.JPG

door_brace.JPG

Brace for the door
use_caulk.JPG

I went nuts with the caulk over two days. Figured it's impossible to get truly airtight but in this case less is not more.

entry.JPG

poly.JPG

the gray tile is 8' x 4' so im planing on expanding the grow space outward one foot each way to have an 8 x 6= 48 square feet.

2000 watts / 48 square feet=42 watts per sqaure foot. :cheer:
290, 000 lumens / 48 sqaure feet=6,042 lumens per sqaure foot :cheer:

the babies come home from the doctor in a few days so ill see ya'll then

(sorry for the crooked photos, next time i take them ill rotate before i upload...or learn how to take pictures)

Re: Purple OG & Great White Shark--2000 Watt--Can A 1st Time Grower 1 Gram/Watt?

:cool::blunt::blunt:Looks nice, what was the cost for the room?

When all is said and done and every expense taken into account around $3,000 will have been spent from construction to curing.

Thats everything--construction, equipment, electricity, beer, etc.

Re: Purple OG & Great White Shark--2000 Watt--Can A 1st Time Grower 1 Gram/Watt?

Got the girls home and they've been in their crib for about a day and a half now. the girls had a long drive home from the hospital but i feel confident 11/12 will make it. the last pic is of the runt who may not make it. i have them under 4-t12 daylight deluxes, 6500 k--when they get a lil bigger they are goin under 1000w hortilux blue.

Soil is layed with promix and worm castings, i'd say about a 65/35 mixture. I mist them with clonex rarely and fed them when they got home and fed them a squirt when they woke up today.

safe_at_home.JPG

girls new home..makeshift temporary co2

tabitha-1.JPG

strong..quite strong

jessyellow.JPG

lil yellowish, i sprinkled some epsom salt to hope to counteract the mag defic.

runt14.JPG

heres the runt that may not make it..this was taken last night so she has rebounded a lil bit with a little new growth. we just may have a 12 for 12 folks...sweet

all in the all the girls are looking great, no stretching and new growth is already popping up.

i got a tall oscillating fan set on 45 minutes on and 15 minutes off just outside of the picture. my hope is the 15 minute off cycle will allow the baby tissue to recover from the prior 45 minutes of wind as well as let the co2 hang around without being blown. temp is at a pretty constant 75.8 f and im keeping the humidity at 55%-60%; on the high side i know but this will allow the baby leaves to absorb as much moisture as they can. this number will gradually drop down to 40% as they get older and establish a decent root base to drink from. thanks to those of you who are checking this journal out this early, you got the front row seats and i'm planning on a good show...

"chance favors the prepared mind"

Looks good i grew Great whiteshark last grow got some fem seeds from greenhouse seed bank .
you didnt mention if your beans where normal or feminised?
I love the setup you built wish i was a handy with a drill and saw as you :smokin:

started off great i planted 1 seed germinated in a day was growing healthy and bushy but then when turned it to flower it went hermie on me but i was able to pick most of the balls off and to my suprise didnt get any seedy buds was a fine smoke to :tokin: the grow im doing this time is strain called hammerhead ,Anyway i will watch and hope you have better luck than me with this strain :tokin:
p.s im not a lover of fem seeds i prefere the normal seeds plant get a female take cuttings :allgood:

Its a sweet setup and its going to be a good gro,i hope it turns out good for you man.

Thanks BB. I'm preparing for the worst however. Seems at any time during the next few months danger is lurking and can ruin the grow in a flash. Biggest fears are the spider mites and mold. I'm picking up some lady bugs in the next few days and I'm not letting the humidity get above 60% so not sure what else I can do...? Sure would put a damper on life if the work up to this point slid by the wayside due to some stupid bugs.

Grow Update: A little yellowing in 3 girls' bottom leafs which is clear cut Mag deficiency. I mixed a tablespoon of epsom salt into the res(1 gallon) and misted them down as well as sprinkled some at the base of all the plants. Since they had a good squirt early yesterday and a mist last night I'm holding off on further water until after they wake up tomorrow. Hoping the already moistened, worm casting filled medium will be enough. No matter what they look like I'm refusing to water them until that time; logic being they all have established a root base by now and the minor drought will get them roots searching and consequently growing larger. No argument need be made for larger roots.

:Namaste:

Forgot to mention--I used 4 smaller sized bags of black aquarium pebble and covered about 2-3 inches of the bottom of the grow bags. The bags have holes on the bottom and sides so drainage isn't an issue but to this point i haven't drenched the medium to get to the bottom. thats coming tomorrow...storm's a brewin in the garden of eden

Yeh it would suck alrite man,them bugs can destroy a whole harvest.
And it would be a sickner if they did after you going to all that trouble to set up and grow as far as you have.
Be prepared for them(f***s) man.

5 leafs were trimmed due to yellowing and the begining of brown spots--can't be nute burn because its only on the top. they had been curling over so i got rid of em and at the watering i mixed in a tbsp of epsom salt along with the 30ml of clonex. now its the waiting game to see if thats the fix. also hung up some more reflective stuff..see pic below

side_poly.JPG

first two days they took off, now they are slowing down--that sucks. ive been using distilled water and i just read thats the reason for the mag deficiency and the yellowing as well as preventing enough calcium. i wonder if trimming the affected leafs was the right thing to do now or if i should have let them get worse and hope the correction run its course. my logic is if looks shitty it cant be good for the plant so why not get rid of it and allow the energy to go to healthy parts of the plant??

will be putting up the 1000w mh tuesday or wedneday(7th or 8th day from transplant)

Back
Top Bottom