Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Grow

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

Super Silver Haze... still has about 2 weeks left. Buds are filling in but the leaves are dying just as all other grows with MG Organic soil... sucks
ssh-as-of-12-26-2010.jpg

The monster... buds are filling in nicely since adding some Ripe. She is still super green and I'm totally in love with Hydro right now. I must say I did not expect this but I'm so glad I have some clones of this beast... which by the way have reached 2 1/2' tall and 2' and are next to go into the flower room. They have not been topped at all.
big-girl-buds2.jpg

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

Thanks Tmac... I just wish the Super Silver was done in hydro instead of that shitty soil

Sorry about the soil problems buddy, I used some of that last grow. I'm guessing it's gotten quite acidic by now, have you checked your runoff? You might want to try a higher ph on your incoming water, not much you could add to the soil at this point to fix anything. She's looking really good all in all though, she'll make it to the chop.

Sorry about the soil problems buddy, I used some of that last grow. I'm guessing it's gotten quite acidic by now, have you checked your runoff? You might want to try a higher ph on your incoming water, not much you could add to the soil at this point to fix anything. She's looking really good all in all though, she'll make it to the chop.

Thanks Blue and yes of course the soil has brought the ph down before so I always start with a PH'd water around 8.0. It surprised me to find that even at an 8.0, the soil acidity is still around 5.0

But since she has only a few more weeks left till the chop, she will do just fine. I've decreased her feeding and next week will start the flush. I hope she is as tasty as she looks. And her clones too...

HNY to you to herb~~~ I tried to go around to everyone and wish a HNY, but ran out of steam and went to bed before midnight!!! We have stayed home for years now.

Me too... Drove home from NYC to avoid the mess in the city and the whole ball drop thing. Earlier in the day we had a line of people stretching 4 blocks to get their NYE tickets for parties at the clubs. It was insane. I had to get out of there ASAP. Once the line died down I was able to get out of there but man I would hate to wait in a line for 4 hours in the cold to pick up tickets. But I guess that's what they get for procrastinating.

By the way, everything is looking great. The big girl is fattening up still on her diet of Ripe, Pro Bloom and Liquid Karma which will end next week. I figure 2 weeks for the flush since she is so massive. Tried a little taste I had drying over the week and it was still pretty potent at about 4 weeks premature. Took another this week to gauge the week by week desired affect. Something I can afford to do since she is so huge. Its also helping the res content by minor stress I think. We will see. Gonna let her go all the way since she is still super green.

The Super Silver Haze is also in her final few weeks in the soil. She is yellowing but I've heard this is a trait from the Super Silver as she begins to produce resin in the calyxes. Don't care either way... she is beautiful.

Hopefully I will have some pics tomorrow.

I visited my daughter last may when she was temporarily working in manhattan. While walking around saw all the lines to get tickets for stuff/shows discounted I guess. I said it aint worth me waiting in those line.... I will pay full price if I wanna see something!! We did see Mamma Mia~ It was a lot of fun! edit.... I ordered the tickets 3 months in advance!!

The shows are one thing but we have 40K+ people attending over 60 events in NYC for NYE and about half of em waited till the last day to buy and pickup their tickets... idiots. We were selling the tickets for cheaper a week in advance too... idiots x 2. And the dumb asses who waited till 7:30pm on NYE to call up and try to purchase, were pissed when we were sold out... idiots x 3. And the people who lost their tickets and called for replacements... idiots x 4

Our company made a shit load but it was surely a headache to be remembered.

I paid $156 for each ticket... it aint cheep for sure. But I saw what I wanted and did not stand in any line!! Next trip to NY I will call ya! I am a peeps person but think I would have trouble on NYE with all the last minute sh*t!!

I'll hook ya up Tmac... you have my word.

Gonna try to go visit the grow tonight for some photos but no promises

So I made it over to the grow today to get those pics I promised.

Here ya go...

The flower room as of today 1/2/2011... wow that's weird... 2011
flower-room-1-2-11.jpg

The buds on the big girl...
big-girl-buds.jpg

Lights off flash view..
abundance.jpg

The largest buds are Super Silver Haze grown in Soil. The others are from a massive Purple Power hydro grown plant. There are only 2 plants in the flower room in these photos

Aloha Herbs and Happy New Year! Things are looking fun at your place, should be some good stuff. Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but the new HT mag has its annual hydro issue (#421, I bought two of the issue #420 last month...lol, one in a bag for archive) and it pretty much reinforces what I was trying to say way back when, about pro-mix and sunshine #5, as well as other soil-less mixes being the easiest form of hydro (says straight up that any form of growing that doesn't use true soil is hydro), in fact goes further to say that a large # of top hydro growers prefer this form of medium with drip/spray emitter feed to waste. Thats pretty much exactly what I am doing, but in manual form. It basically says all the stuff I was trying to say earlier but much better. If you really want to move to all hydro you should really consider at least some trials with it, its nothing like soil and of coarse any Miracle Grow product should not be taken as a serious representative of any given grow medium. My results on the last 4 runs are nothing but consistent, the only time I moved below .5g/w was a short lived and due to PM, and I am still really just playing with the nutes so far, still below dialing them in to their ceiling. Sorry, not trying to annoy you with bringing this back up, just can't help but try to push some knowledge.
:peace:

Van, I'm not sure what you are talking about, since I only have 1 plant in soil and 12 in hydro DWC's. I know I can't compare MG to any type of real soil but even as far as the mess goes and the possibility of bugs, I'm leaving the soil outside from now on.

Happy New Year to you too buddy and Aloha!

Everything from the veg room is now in the flower room. 1-3-11 marks the first day of returning to flower since being taken as clones. The cycle is now going to continue as planned, only this yield will be the mother load
flower-room-1-3-11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom