Purple spots

socrates75

Plant is in bloom but just before bloom i started to notice these purple discolorations on the leaves, it doesn't appear to be harming it, i dragged a tooth pick across it and it doesn't appear to be on the surface, it doesn't smudge so im not sure what it is, is it burning from over feeding maybe?

0H2J1ok.jpg

Your plant appears to be turning purple.

This can be as a result of uncontrollable genetic factors, or environmental factors.

Most notably, when plants turn purple, they produce pigments called "anthocyanins" which are formed as a response to intense high energy light such as UV. The purple pigments may act as a type of "Sunscreen" which help reduce stress from high-light scenarios.

You can provide a macro shot of the entire plant so we know the entire plant is healthy and that would confirm this is formation of anthocyanins in your plant.

This can be as a result of uncontrollable genetic factors, or environmental factors.

Most notably, when plants turn purple, they produce pigments called "anthocyanins" which are formed as a response to intense high energy light such as UV. The purple pigments may act as a type of "Sunscreen" which help reduce stress from high-light scenarios.

You can provide a macro shot of the entire plant so we know the entire plant is healthy and that would confirm this is formation of anthocyanins in your plant.

Its odd though because i have 2 others and they look fine BUT they are mix seeds and i have no idea what they are, i should also mention i had a fisher attack them and shred most of the fan leaves off and broke the stock so i tied it to another stick and it healed fine and kept on growing, but the purple has been there before that so not sure, i will try and get a full pic later today,tanks for the info :)

Sorry about the quality i dont have a camera just this shitty phone, hope you are able to get the info needed to help me from the pic

Sorry about the quality i dont have a camera just this shitty phone, hope you are able to get the info needed to help me from the pic

Please share your photo using 420 Magazine's traditional uploader! :thanks:

No off-site image linking :Namaste:

Hi I was wandering about the Purple too...Did yours look like this one in the beginning? Don't mind the cob web looking stuff, i was wandering if it was topical and touched it with a wet q-tip. Won't do that again...lol But it's in the plant and the only one in the group I have. I got mine out of a mixed bag of seeds so i don't know what it is.
IMG_20140726_182850.jpg
IMG_20140726_182840.jpg

Hi I was wandering about the Purple too...Did yours look like this one in the beginning? Don't mind the cob web looking stuff, i was wandering if it was topical and touched it with a wet q-tip. Won't do that again...lol But it's in the plant and the only one in the group I have. I got mine out of a mixed bag of seeds so i don't know what it is.
IMG_20140726_182850.jpg
IMG_20140726_182840.jpg

No it started out fine then one day i just noticed it was getting this purple looking stuff in the middle of the leaves and started to work there way out, after the fisher attacked them i brought them inside from out and triggered them to bloom.

EDIT

Sorry forget to answer your question, i would say the purple showed up about 1 month after sprout so about 2 feet tall maybe?

IMG_20140726_182850.jpg
IMG_20140726_182840.jpg

Definitely could be!

Thanks and I do put her on the window sill, too. Pretty cool purple though, i hope mine comes out like that. Let us know how it smokes.

These Anthocyanins also act as natural insecticides and generally help protect your plant. They area result of good lighting.

Back
Top Bottom